Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Update: Technician reported that he found nothing wrong with the track bar or its connections. They are replacing left rear and right front shocks (on order until at least next week apparently) and bled the brakes.
IMHO, this sounds like a shit show. The failure of many different steering components can cause death wobble, but it doesn't sound like they are really looking into that. As @WXman stated, the steering stabilizer is almost never the issue. Now they're looking at shocks and brakes?
Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Update: Technician reported that he found nothing wrong with the track bar or its connections. They are replacing left rear and right front shocks (on order until at least next week apparently) and bled the brakes.
Get your Jeep back from this dealership and never return. They are throwing parts at it without proper troubleshooting. These types of technicians are not to be trusted. They will eventually get fed up because they are not skilled enough to diagnose the problem, and they will try to find some way that it is your fault.

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
Get your Jeep back from this dealership and never return. They are throwing parts at it without proper troubleshooting. These types of technicians are not to be trusted. They will eventually get fed up because they are not skilled enough to diagnose the problem, and they will try to find some way that it is your fault.
This. I took mine in to have the ball joints tightened because I could hear them clicking on slow turns. This was well before the RRT came out. They claimed they inspected them, found nothing wrong and that I needed the hubs replaced, but 4xe hubs weren't available for them to order yet. So, I took my Jeep and left.

Dropped it off at another dealer, guy drove it, said 'Yep, I can hear them clicking." Tightened them up and haven't had an issue since.

Find a dealer you can trust. It's not always an easy thing to do.

AaronTV

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Interesting....did they say your shocks were blown? Are they stock or MOPAR/Fox shocks? Curious how brake fluid factors into this remedy.
IMHO, this sounds like a shit show. The failure of many different steering components can cause death wobble, but it doesn't sound like they are really looking into that. As @WXman stated, the steering stabilizer is almost never the issue. Now they're looking at shocks and brakes?
I don't have any additional information about why they messed with the brakes or why they chose to address the shocks. I did ask about the track bar since several people have suggested that is often the real issue but, like I said, they reported seeing no issues with it.

I AM skeptical about this getting solved in a timely manner. But this service department is not adversarial at all and seem to be genuinely trying to get me taken care of. As long as we're operating in good faith, I'm content to let the process play out.

I'll update when there's more to report.

Reactions: KNN

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have any additional information about why they messed with the brakes or why they chose to address the shocks. I did ask about the track bar since several people have suggested that is often the real issue but, like I said, they reported seeing no issues with it.

I AM skeptical about this getting solved in a timely manner. But this service department is not adversarial at all and seem to be genuinely trying to get me taken care of. As long as we're operating in good faith, I'm content to let the process play out.

Exact Center by Roadmaster will not fix Death Wobble but in tests, it stopped the movement Death Wobble needs (first Ossicilation) so it can not happen, no fix it just keeps it from happening.
Watch the video, see how Death Wobble is stopped, see the mechanics of the device in the animation. This is the base version we have done 330 psi units on 40000 lb class A diesel pushers at that pressure nothing except power steering can override the hold. A very simple idea that could save the straight axle. https://www.roadmasterinc.com/products/rss/exactcenter.php

Sponsored

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
Jeep Wrangler JL Death wobble wrangler 4Xe 12,500 miles 1642477498323

wranglerbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Exact Center by Roadmaster will not fix Death Wobble but in tests, it stopped the movement Death Wobble needs (first Ossicilation) so it can not happen, no fix it just keeps it from happening.
Watch the video, see how Death Wobble is stopped, see the mechanics of the device in the animation. This is the base version we have done 330 psi units on 40000 lb class A diesel pushers at that pressure nothing except power steering can override the hold. A very simple idea that could save the straight axle. https://www.roadmasterinc.com/products/rss/exactcenter.php
Do you work for or get some kind of kickback from RoadMaster? You keep posting the same information in every death wobble thread.

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
Do you work for or get some kind of kickback from RoadMaster? You keep posting the same information in every death wobble thread.
I am the inventor of the device and I will get license fees from all sales. However, I want to find out what I can do to improve the device and what do the users want. The new French owners of Jeep will get rid of the straight axle if there is no real fix for the jeep steering. I just spent $92000.00 for a new Wrangler 392 betting I can fix the steering and make the Wrangler drive like the 2021 Bronco I just sold. We can save the straight axle. The idea is simple. I own all the patents for gas spring assisted centering, I am a very strong believer and I have spent 22 years on the idea. I have 22 patents. I am old soon to be 78, I need to see the straight axle saved in my lifetime. This is a journey of love, I do not need more money.

wranglerbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I am the inventor of the device and I will get license fees from all sales. However, I want to find out what I can do to improve the device and what do the users want. The new French owners of Jeep will get rid of the straight axle if there is no real fix for the jeep steering. I just spent $92000.00 for a new Wrangler 392 betting I can fix the steering and make the Wrangler drive like the 2021 Bronco I just sold. We can save the straight axle. The idea is simple. I own all the patents for gas spring assisted centering, I am a very strong believer and I have spent 22 years on the idea. I have 22 patents. I am old soon to be 78, I need to see the straight axle saved in my lifetime. This is a journey of love, I do not need more money.
Thanks for the reply and clearing that up!

RafaelK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota 4Runner
I have the same issue on my 4xe. It started this weekend on the highway. Very scary experience. I took it to the dealer and hope they will look at it soon. Just a notch under 7,500 miles on the car so I am definitely annoyed.

Sponsored

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't worry much about it. It's covered under warranty anyway. Select a quality service center and let them do what they do. You just pick it up when it's I have a new 2021 rubicon 392 XR with 35's picked up a week ago. I had a 2018 rubicon that was not the best driver and had no center feel. The 392 is a very good drive, but it too has no center feel. I sold my 2021 Bronco to buy the wrangler, the Bronco on road is very good with a good on-center feel.
My question is how does yours drive? I have heard from a friend who has a 392 but not the XR and he says his is not a good driver. Did Jeep do something in the XR package that improved the on-road manors? Mine is good minus the missing on-center feel.

AaronTV

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt

Unfortunately, the update is that there is no update. My 4xe has been in the shop since
January 7 waiting for those shocks to come in...

This is becoming quite the frustrating experience because I'm expecting the wobble to remain even after this long wait because I can't imagine why replacing one front and one rear shock would fix it. Hope I'm wrong...

AaronTV

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Unfortunately, the update is that there is no update. My 4xe has been in the shop since
January 7 waiting for those shocks to come in...

This is becoming quite the frustrating experience because I'm expecting the wobble to remain even after this long wait because I can't imagine why replacing one front and one rear shock would fix it. Hope I'm wrong...
We finally have the 4xe back. It was in the shop from 1/7-2/22 waiting for parts. Here is what the paperwork states was done:

"Inspected and found RF and LR shocks leaking. Noted steering stabilizer needed bench bleeding [Author's note: the steering stabilizer had been replaced already on the previous visit]. Inflated tires to proper psi, checked torque on suspension components, checked and adjusted toe, replaced RF and LR shocks. Test drove OK."

Additionally, I'd purchased a new Synergy track bar and brought it over during the wait. They also installed that and did not charge me for labor. I wanted to be proactive and reduce the odds of needing to bring it back again...

Early results? It's only been ~40 highway miles but the shuddering/wobble seems to be gone. I haven't felt the smaller vibrations that were often a precursor to the full on wobbles either.

Bonus perk: My 4xe had been stuck in fuel and oil refresh mode for pretty much all of November and December. I asked them to do the vehicle's first oil change before I picked it up. They put full synthetic in (I don't know if that's standard on these). Anyway, it's been able to run in electric mode since then, even when the ambient temperature was 15-18°F. Hopefully, that continues!

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
We finally have the 4xe back. It was in the shop from 1/7-2/22 waiting for parts. Here is what the paperwork states was done:

"Inspected and found RF and LR shocks leaking. Noted steering stabilizer needed bench bleeding [Author's note: the steering stabilizer had been replaced already on the previous visit]. Inflated tires to proper psi, checked torque on suspension components, checked and adjusted toe, replaced RF and LR shocks. Test drove OK."

Additionally, I'd purchased a new Synergy track bar and brought it over during the wait. They also installed that and did not charge me for labor. I wanted to be proactive and reduce the odds of needing to bring it back again...

Early results? It's only been ~40 highway miles but the shuddering/wobble seems to be gone. I haven't felt the smaller vibrations that were often a precursor to the full-on wobbles either.

Bonus perk: My 4xe had been stuck in fuel and oil refresh mode for pretty much all of November and December. I asked them to do the vehicle's first oil change before I picked it up. They put full synthetic in (I don't know if that's standard on these). Anyway, it's been able to run in electric mode since then, even when the ambient temperature was 15-18°F. Hopefully, that continues!
Aaron
If you are interested I will offer you a free trial of Exact Center. Our normal trial is 7 days, on that we give 10% off $420 list a $100 stainless steel bracket for $50 and free shipping to and from user. We ask you to pay by credit card with 100% refund on return of undamaged EC and bracket. For you because you have a 4Ex we will give you 30 days and a 20% discount and the $100 bracket for $50 stainless bracket. We would set you up with a 110lb EC and also a free exchange for one year. To date, there has been no one who has ever wanted to give up their EC once installed. There are presently maybe 20 forum users soon (next 10 days) should be 30 or more. I have a 2021 JLUR 392 XR with 130lb I did test 6 different ECs as we were deciding on the best pressure. This product has been under development for the last 5 years. Do you tow your Wrangler 4 down behind a Motorhome? We have 3 users testing the 110 lb behind motorhomes. We also have a 1998 TJ 4" long arm lift 33's and V8. 75lb EC and a 1989 Comanche with 11" lift 35's 125lb EC . Both can are expressway driven 80-85 in the wind and claimed no-hands. I will skip that. The center hold keeps the wind from causing you to oversteer.
Exact Center does not fix Death Wobble, but our hold keeps it from being able to start Watch RM video the 2018 JLR with DW was mine we installed a 82LB EC offering 110 and we have a 140 free ex
If Interested email [email protected] 1-989-448-2501 office Thanks johnd shepherd www.PIWcorp.com Custom metal fabrication

https://www.roadmasterinc.com/products/rss/exactcenter.php

It mounts in the factory stabilizer location. It is a powered hold at Center Return to center device.
Sponsored