OP
OP
HaydenJMK

HaydenJMK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Hayden sorry to hear you are having probs. Are you on stock wheels and tires? Any suspension mods like a lift? Just curious. Wearing the steering parts happens quicker w bigger wheels/tires. My JK had death wobble at 15k miles but I was running very heavy and wide wheel/tire combo. Hoping my 4xe makes it at least that far before I experience death wobble. I doubt mine will be covered under warranty running 37's.
Everything was stock, no lift kit or mods of any kind- which is good because they won't have anything else to blame it on. With this many miles on the car, I do feel like the test-dummy for maintenance issues. But I'm ok with that - it's good to learn all I can about this awesome vehicle
Sponsored

caraholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan Turbo, 392XR, 981S, F430
Makes me think I should just keep my JK when my 4XE comes in. Never had a problem with it on my jk.

OP
OP
HaydenJMK

HaydenJMK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Update: dealer says it was a Steering Stabalizer shock issue, which they replaced. I tried to dig for more info on the how or why, but was brushed off with the response that it was likely a "manufacturer issue". No idea whether this could lead to an actual recall, but keep your eye out and fingers crossed it was just mine.
I don't know that there are too many others with such high miles on the 4xe, so happy to be the test dummy. Still love this wrangler :)

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
I had the samme issue on my 2019. New steering stabilizer and new drag link under warranty fixed my issues. Probably started around 15k miles one the jeep.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Update: dealer says it was a Steering Stabalizer shock issue, which they replaced. I tried to dig for more info on the how or why, but was brushed off with the response that it was likely a "manufacturer issue". No idea whether this could lead to an actual recall, but keep your eye out and fingers crossed it was just mine.
I don't know that there are too many others with such high miles on the 4xe, so happy to be the test dummy. Still love this wrangler :)
Make sure they put it on right. There's a sticker on it that shows the correct orientation.

Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
In the end, the front suspension components are made of thin wall tubing with hydraulically crimped ends and the ball joints have plastic bushings in them. NONE of that is conducive to longevity of any type.

I was blown away by the weight difference alone on the OEM components versus the Metal Cloak hardware I installed. Even if not installing a lift kit, I would advise changing the trackbar, draglink, and tie-rod to a HD aftermarket to bypass all of the headaches.

Should it be that way, no, but it is what it is.

JPJr70

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys 2dr
Did you ever have the ball joints tightened? My lowers were finger loose and clicking when we got it.
My first Rubi had that at about 5800 miles.
Service center knew exactly what it was.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
In the end, the front suspension components are made of thin wall tubing with hydraulically crimped ends and the ball joints have plastic bushings in them. NONE of that is conducive to longevity of any type.

I was blown away by the weight difference alone on the OEM components versus the Metal Cloak hardware I installed. Even if not installing a lift kit, I would advise changing the trackbar, draglink, and tie-rod to a HD aftermarket to bypass all of the headaches.

Should it be that way, no, but it is what it is.
Pretty amazing isn't it? And I don't think they've swapped any of that stuff with the XR either... time will tell.

OP
OP
HaydenJMK

HaydenJMK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
I had the samme issue on my 2019. New steering stabilizer and new drag link under warranty fixed my issues. Probably started around 15k miles one the jeep.
Ok - very good to know. Did you have any issues after those were replaced? Was it just shaking over bumps that you had, or were there other warning signs?

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
Everything was stock, no lift kit or mods of any kind- which is good because they won't have anything else to blame it on. With this many miles on the car, I do feel like the test-dummy for maintenance issues. But I'm ok with that - it's good to learn all I can about this awesome vehicle
Someone from Utah in the 4xe FB group just had this same issue and resolution as well.

Sponsored

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Ok - very good to know. Did you have any issues after those were replaced? Was it just shaking over bumps that you had, or were there other warning signs?
Its been working great in the month since the repair was done. I have not experienced it since. I would only really notice it when hitting a rough spot in the road at speed. More pronounced if it was also in a curve in the road. Normal around town driving didn't have a problem. My Jeep also has a 2.5" rough country spacer lift. Dealer didn't seem to mind it.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
If the steering stabilizer is the only thing keeping your front end from trying to come apart, then you have larger underlying issues. Death wobble has affected Jeeps for decades and the steering stabilizer has never been the culprit. In fact, 99% of the time you could take it off and drive without it.

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
If the steering stabilizer is the only thing keeping your front end from trying to come apart, then you have larger underlying issues. Death wobble has affected Jeeps for decades and the steering stabilizer has never been the culprit. In fact, 99% of the time you could take it off and drive without it.
Cool, I guess it was my drag link causing problems then.

PIG

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JL
I fear the ghost of 2019's death wobble is back on the 4xe. Driving down the highway hit a bump and it started shaking for about 2 miles. It stopped, but then every bump after, it would shake. I've got 12,500 miles on it and have an appointment for it to be looked at. Anyone else have this issue? I really hope it's just mine and no one else's.
Cool, I guess it was my drag link causing problems then.
Might wanna try checking this list of parts out if you are having issues.
Synergy Mfg. Death Wobble Check List
Sponsored