Sponsored

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
A shame this doesn’t cover any 2021 or later models. Have an 2021, had dealer already replace mine for death wobble. Also, without addressing the underlying problems, simply swapping out the steering stabilizer (or replacing with a third party one) is only a mitigating solution.
Sponsored

Wrangles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6 6sp Billet
I have an FCA (now Stellantis) Lifetime Warranty on my 2018 so a warranty extension of 8 years or 90k miles means nothing to me. My warranty is forever. I’ll never sell this Jeep so it’ll be used until it‘s condemned or totaled.

On a different note I had the steering box (steel box) replaced recently under warranty (out of factory warranty but under Lifetime warranty). I’ll have to look again but I think the TSB for that said to replace the stabilizer. I asked the service writer at the time and he said the way the TSB reads is “replace if necessary”. I read it completely differently as in “do replace it”. Anyway they didn’t replace it. Guess they get to now.
So the steel steering box TSB referred to a track bar replacement not the damper. I had the damper replaced in 2019, V41. Not sure if there is a newer damper out since then though. I will have to call the dealer back to get the track bar replaced since they read the TSB wrong and didn’t do it.

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
So I put my vin in that site and I see no option to get reimbursed for anything. Mine is a 2019 rubicon. Does that mean my vehicle wasn't part of the ones qualifying? I replaced my stabilizer with a falcon nexus 2.1 which is awesome... Was hoping to get some $ back with this. Which I know is total bs. They should be blaming weak track bars and drag links. The track bar is way more responsible than the stabilizer. The stabilizer just masks the issue until it wears out.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Yup. And we all have to pay for the settlement when we buy a new Wrangler.

This is partly the result of FCA setting out to attract new customers into the Jeep brand.
1). I guess that explains the price increases that were announced :CWL:
2). I've been saying that last part for years and it's enough to drive me insane. No, it's not going to drive like a BMW or even an F150 or Tacoma. Death Wobble is a bit much, sure, but holy hell- Stop complaining about it and sell the damn thing.
Does not apply to this forum.... mostly.

My father owned a garage for over 60 years. Cars with IFS can have this issue too but maybe due to deterioration of a different component.
I've been saying this for years. You'd think people would be competent of a simple Google search, and... well.... you'd be sadly mistaken. Does not apply to this forum.... mostly.

I agree. I can't imagine why anyone would expect a $50k vehicle to be drivable. Maybe with the money stealliantis spent on this class action they could have provided steel knuckles and decent ball joints.
Agree. I feel like Jeep rolled the dice on "Value engineered" this one and lost.

Great, now all of the trolls who suggest the steering stabilizer fixes death wobble will refer to this lawsuit. Haha
<internal screaming intensifies>
I.... I just can't... anymore.:puke:

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
No, it's not going to drive like a BMW or even an F150 or Tacoma. Death Wobble is a bit much, sure, but holy hell- Stop complaining about it and sell the damn thing.
Years ago my wife owned a Grand Cherokee WJ and we did a lot of the easier trails with it such as around Silverton. It had a solid front axle and very well may have had very similar front suspension to the JL. But it rode better than my JLU and had better steering than my JLU, plus I don't recall of anybody mentioning death wobble with it. I don't know why the JL almost 20 years later isn't better than the WJ.

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Years ago my wife owned a Grand Cherokee WJ and we did a lot of the easier trails with it such as around Silverton. It had a solid front axle and very well may have had very similar front suspension to the JL. But it rode better than my JLU and had better steering than my JLU, plus I don't recall of anybody mentioning death wobble with it. I don't know why the JL almost 20 years later isn't better than the WJ.
some of that may have to do with your suspension/ Shock set up. Can Guarantee, WJ death wobble is out there if you look for cases. Could be they're not as commonly modified as other models so that might be part of the scarcity.
I've been driving Wranglers for 20 years this year and only had death wobble twice: Once due to badly worn tires, and once due to a bent Rusty's Tie Rod. That said: the JL platform vehicles seem to be particularly susceptible to death wobble. Again, my guess is it has largely to do with people's build configuration and mods. Thankfully, I've never had any issues with my JLUR.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
some of that may have to do with your suspension/ Shock set up. Can Guarantee, WJ death wobble is out there if you look for cases
I was not on Jeep internet forums back then so it's possible I just didn't hear about it.
The other thing that is hard to explain though is that the WJ had much better steering than the JLU.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
my dealer swaped the steering boxes for me and gave me 2 of the updated track bars and steering stabilizers, have them in my basement. have steer smarts track bars and falcon ss on the 2 wranglers, got the post cards from perry mason and threw them in the trash.

typical scumbag lawyers sniffing for money

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s

76_iron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ5
Only time I have experienced death wobble was in my 99 wj, but it had a lift and 32" tires. I replaced the track bar bushings and that didn't fix it, new ball joints did fix it.

Sponsored

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
my dealer swaped the steering boxes for me and gave me 2 of the updated track bars and steering stabilizers, have them in my basement. have steer smarts track bars and falcon ss on the 2 wranglers, got the post cards from perry mason and threw them in the trash.

typical scumbag lawyers sniffing for money
I believe it was Shakespeare that said “The first thing to di is let’s hand all the lawyers”🙄. Typical crap-they makes millions, while the lawsuit”winners” get a pittance.

Reactions: VNT

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase

Ameza

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Thanks, I just submitted a reimbursement request for the repairs I had to do.
Did you have any issues submitting your request? I have been trying to submit since yesterday. When I hit the submit button there is no response. Tried both with laptop and on the phone.

derpderp01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
My claim was denied by customer care.

1. The vehicle is outside of its Basic Warranty and does not currently have any active Service Contracts
2. The repair was not completed at a certified Jeep dealership

I installed my own stabilizer out of pocket.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you have any issues submitting your request? I have been trying to submit since yesterday. When I hit the submit button there is no response. Tried both with laptop and on the phone.

None, but I just got this response via Email from Jeep Cares... More than likely I'll get nothing since I had to do the replacement myself, but it's worth a shot.... The dealer always said they couldn't find anything wrong.

Good day! Thank you for allowing Jeep Customer Care an opportunity to address your concern. Our primary focus is your satisfaction.

This is to inform you that we have reviewed your case and for us to process your request for reimbursement, we would like to request additional documents, please submit any of the following documents:

1) A copy of the Repair Order from the dealer.

2) The necessary proof of payment. Documents acceptable as proof of payment are as follows:
- Credit card receipt
- Credit card or bank statement
- Cancelled check (both sides)
- Cash register receipt (if paid cash)

3) Please provide a copy of the bill of sale or vehicle registration.

Please send us the document before 02/06/2023. This case will be closed if the documents are not received by that date.

Should you have any more questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Care team directly at 800-992-1997. Thank you for your patience and cooperation!

Regards,

Cern
Sponsored