Sponsored

Death Wobble - NHTSA Now Investigating

xpsruler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport
My drag link and steering stabilizer have both been replaced but I am still experiencing this :-(. It happened really bad on the highway this morning so I brought it back in. This is at least my 3rd time having to bring it in for the same problem. Any ideas guys?
Sponsored

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My drag link and steering stabilizer have both been replaced but I am still experiencing this :-(. It happened really bad on the highway this morning so I brought it back in. This is at least my 3rd time having to bring it in for the same problem. Any ideas guys?
Lemon Law ???

DHTex87

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 128i
If I hit a small bump at 70+ my entire front end feels like it’s violently wobbling from aside to side, almost bouncing. It doesn’t stop until I decelerate to around 50 mph? Anyone else experience this? Death wobble?
I’ve had this exact issue on a 2018 JL Sahara rental that I’m driving in Wyoming. 80 mph on the interstate, hitting an expansion joint going over a bridge induces it. A brisk shimmy/oscillation that won’t stop on its own unless I slow down to 45-50 mph. The first time it happened was in the dark early in the early morning. Glad there wasn’t any snow/ice on the road at the time, and very little traffic.

I rented the vehicle as a good opportunity for an extended test drive because I’m interested in owning one. I would be glad to know that FCA has solved the problem going forward. This type of thing shouldn’t happen on a new vehicle in this day and age and it definitely should be addressed in a proactive way by FCA.
Sponsored