OP
OP
RELBUS

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Hoping to install tomorrow night. Didnā€™t get a chance yet.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
If youā€™re having DW not being caused by the track bar, the steer smart stuff will make it that much more violent due to the fact it doesnā€™t deflect or give at all. What Steering Stabilizer are you running too? In theory these shouldnā€™t need a steering stabilizer when set up right, in practical application, the steering stabilizer is very important to help keep things dampened.

Every build we do, the jeeps leave here at a minimum of a fox 2.0. To me itā€™s just cheap insurance and helps keep these big 37s and up diving as good as possible.

We had a big thread over DW. I think itā€™s caller ā€œthis is death wobbleā€ check it out when you have time.

Brett

OP
OP
RELBUS

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
I was running stock stabilizer, I have a fox 2.0 waiting to go on.

Got the steer smarts steering installed. I had the Jeep aligned this morning and it drives great. No wobble at all. I do not currently have a stabilizer installed, as I failed to order the tie rod clamp , so that arrives tomorrow and will go on.
Very happy, and figure it will only be better with stabilizer.

Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hereā€™s a pic of the new beef..

5D8980B2-325B-4633-8630-DF5115BCA7A1.jpeg
Can't wait to hear your feedback when you have a second. I did a ranch track bar and they synergy drag link and will have the tie rod soon. should be similar in results but I didn't have the death wobble issues others have had.

TravelingMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited Mojito!
Sorry, dumb question... has Jeep issued any recalls or service bulletins to address the problem?

OP
OP
RELBUS

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Sorry, dumb question... has Jeep issued any recalls or service bulletins to address the problem?
not a dumb question...yes they have. I am not a fan of the dealer and wanted to attempt to end the problem for good so I didn't bother getting the dealer involved for warranty.

TravelingMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited Mojito!
10-4. Good to know and understood.

Honestly, I thought this was more of an urban myth until.... A month or so ago I rented a JL unlimited on a trip. All good till I hit a small pothole going about 60 mph...immediately the steering wheel started shaking pretty wildly. I thought I had a front flat. As I slowed down to get to the side of the road it cleared up. Thatā€™s when I realized thatā€™s the ā€œdeath wobbleā€. Crazy thing it happened twice...

OP
OP
RELBUS

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
I got the stabilizer installed this morning. We took the Jeep to thanksgiving dinner at my parents house this evening and it drove incredible. Very expensive fix, but worth it.

9CD3F7CD-100E-477F-9DCD-0497385BC4A0.jpeg

Sponsored

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Iā€™m not a happy Jeeper. My first Jeep and Iā€™ve had it over two years but this happening and me being out of warranty is really pissing me off. Considering it can be many things, itā€™s going to be expensive to figure out this death wobble.
I have a Steer Smart drag link and Trackbar going in on Monday and if that doesnā€™t solve the issue, I might be done with Jeep. This death wobble is dangerous and the fact theyā€™re not being proactive about it is really disappointing @JeepCares

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Iā€™m not a happy Jeeper. My first Jeep and Iā€™ve had it over two years but this happening and me being out of warranty is really pissing me off. Considering it can be many things, itā€™s going to be expensive to figure out this death wobble.
I have a Steer Smart drag link and Trackbar going in on Monday and if that doesnā€™t solve the issue, I might be done with Jeep. This death wobble is dangerous and the fact theyā€™re not being proactive about it is really disappointing @JeepCares
We're sorry to learn about your steering concerns. Please send our team a PM with your VIN so that we can look into this further.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Jcaan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl Sahara
We're sorry to learn about your steering concerns. Please send our team a PM with your VIN so that we can look into this further.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Question: how long does it take for JeepCares to respond to a PM?

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
I have about 13k on my 18 JLUR. It has had the 37's and mopar lift since it had about 500 miles on it. I have noticed under the right conditions it would have a hint of death wobble. Nothing so bad it kept me and my wife from racking up 13k over the last year or so.

Recently I have noticed it seemed to have gotten worse. Not wanting to deal with the dealer I ended up just putting a steersmarts Yeti track bar on it. Afterwards it seems worse...which is kind of hard to believe.

I haven't had it aligned since, and probably should....I am considering replacing the drag link and tie rod with steersmarts next.

Anyone have any feedback on this? I have read a few on this board swear that eliminated all poor handling issues. I hate to have to dump $1500 into the steering on this rig at the moment...other priorities currently.

Reluctant to get the dealer involved now, esp after I have replaced the track bar because I am sure they will complain about that and point fingers.
Because you have 37's it might be a while before we have a higher pressure unit we could let you try
Tires, lift, suspension mods, etc
Tell me about your Jeep and look at the attached video on second page 25 seconds in that was my 2018 JLR with 10000 miles no mods except winch. also read how Exact Center is explained copy and paste. We will see what we can do if you have a video of your Death Wobble please share it

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...y-roadmaster-explained-by-the-inventor.87515/
https://www.roadmasterinc.com/products/rss/exactcenter.php
Sponsored