Sponsored

"Death Wobble" Different perspective possibly.

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I have not ready every thread on the death wobble or loose steering, but as I wait for my new Jeep to show up at the dealer I can't help but be concerned. Then I thought of something. Those that are experiencing these issues, what did you drive prior to the Jeep?
Sponsored

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
A cursory scan of the 'Death Wobble' threads reveals that most OPs came from JKUs that exhibited no such issue.

OP
OP
jdhunt0

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
Well there goes my theory.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Don't worry about it. If it happens, then worry about it. But not every JL owner is getting on the forums and writing about their wonderful experience. Wait... I have had a wonderful experience and am enjoying it everyday! Gonna go out and play in snow later today. Some people have issues, true. But the majority of owners are just fine. :like:

Seansun01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL, build date 12/12/17; 2015 Harley-Davidson Heritage Classic Softail
I’d have said the same thing as GreyFox when I had my JK. Unfortunately, my JL has had serious problems pretty much from day 1. On day 3, I tried to get out of my deal and get my 2015 JK back, but I was told that was impossible. I’ve had a major transmission leak that resulted in a tow job on day 3 (the driver was a real prize - I had to demand he stop texting and screwing with his phone while driving after a nearly 3 hour wait), electrical problems from hell that are rarely reproducible by the service department, death wobble, overheating infotainment system, leaks, satellite radio receptions issues, lurching out of autostop, failure to start when pushing start - all in the first year of ownership. I’m pretty much convinced Jeep Cares doesn’t really care and Chrysler says it’s “operating as designed” (what an insult to the designers!). Sure, the service department will try to fix the problems if they can reproduce them, and I get a loaner (usually a vehicle that stickers 20K less than the one I make monthly payments on), but it’s time out of work to go to and from service, and I’m tired of paying for a loaded Wrangler JL and driving something else. Oh by the way, don’t expect that taking videos when the gremlin problems arise will prompt repairs. It’s been my experience that service wil only repair if they can reproduce the problem. So yes, you have good reason to be concerned. I hope you’re one of the lucky ones, but if you’re not - my sympathy in advance.
Sponsored