OP
OP

coukos34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Cooper, 2016 Corvette Z51
I stumbled upon this video and I have to say it was a huge help:

Some simple quick tests and I was able to identify that I had the same loose connection as in the video, with the steering connection. Too late right now to investigate further, but I think this is a great way to easily identify what might be going on from a steering componentry perspective.
Sponsored

sweet88gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR 24 VW Tiguan Rline 20+21 Tacoma TRD
I stumbled upon this video and I have to say it was a huge help:

Some simple quick tests and I was able to identify that I had the same loose connection as in the video, with the steering connection. Too late right now to investigate further, but I think this is a great way to easily identify what might be going on from a steering componentry perspective.
What did you find that was loose ?

OP
OP

coukos34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What did you find that was loose ?
The connection at the pitman arm to the steering. Not sure if that can directly contribute to DW, but it’s certainly loose.

sweet88gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The connection at the pitman arm to the steering. Not sure if that can directly contribute to DW, but it’s certainly loose.
I might have missed it but how many miles do you have on the Jeep ?

Sponsored

sweet88gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Once you get it back from the dealer I would be interested on the results.

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Have you looked at an out of balance tire to be the issue? Were the tires switched between the wheels during the LCA install?

OP
OP

coukos34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you looked at an out of balance tire to be the issue? Were the tires switched between the wheels during the LCA install?
I haven’t but a good point. They did rotate the tires as well. I’ll have them check the balance.

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I haven’t but a good point. They did rotate the tires as well. I’ll have them check the balance.
Yup. As you mentioned in your initial post, not many variables were changed. So, it looks like it's either the LCA and/or tire rotation that resulted in this change. So, start small, check your tire balance first and then go from there. Otherwise, you can easily rabbit hole into this (tie rod, track bar, steering stabilizer, UCA, blah blah blah).

Let us know once you come back from the dealer, if you've managed to fix the issue.

Sponsored

OP
OP

coukos34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One other thought. When I flipped the steering stabilizer to the correct orientation, I initially loosened up the track bar bolt instead. I torqued it back down, but after taking for a test drive my steering wheel was off. I had to adjust it to get it back to center. Seems odd to need to do that given what I touched.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
One other thought. When I flipped the steering stabilizer to the correct orientation, I initially loosened up the track bar bolt instead. I torqued it back down, but after taking for a test drive my steering wheel was off. I had to adjust it to get it back to center. Seems odd to need to do that given what I touched.
track bar has noting to do with your steering wheel, do you mean you loosened the drag link?
Sponsored