First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Death wobble for me happened first because it needed an alignment (my at-home alignment failed miserably lol), but then came back because my 35's on my Dana 30 and stock CAs put a lot of pressure on the joints and was starting to wear them out, causing some extra looseness. Hopefully that's not what's already happening to your 2022.
Sponsored

OP
OP
reost1

reost1

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2022 Rubicon
The shop says they checked everything. I suggest you do. Make sure the springs are in their correct locations and the front and rear links are correct for their location and installed correctly. Did you install larger tires? Did you add adjustable track bars or control arms? Or was the Mopar lift installed as is with all else remaining stock?
I did not install larger tires yet. the Mopar lift is a bolt on everything else remains stock kit. I only added a larger steering stabilizer shock

OP
OP
reost1

reost1

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2022 Rubicon
Loose track bar bolts is the number one cause. Also, how much caster correction do you Have? It may take up to 6 degrees to help eliminate it.
Mines at 5 degrees

Tharris

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 4dr (JLU) Sting Gray
What change in geometry? The Mopar lift is springs, shocks, end links, lower control arms and bump stops. Geometry shouldnā€™t be out of whack. Something or things are loose and/or improperly installed.
Well what I stated was that there are many variables. I have never bought a mopar kit so I didnā€™t know it came with control arms. Does it also come with rear uppers? If not then the back would be off and the front would be corrected. Even with adjustable a the angles would still be much different then stock and given the perfect combo could cause that, but could be worked out with some adjustments.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
If it is true death wobble (not just bump steer), then 99% of the time it is the track bar whose job is to keep the axle centered in the frame.

You have to remember that Mopar uses thinwall stamped tubing with hydraulically crimped ends that loosen over time as stress is placed on them. There have also been reports of the bushings wearing out in them with low mileage.

Start with the track bar, then ball joints, then tie-rod, then drag link. In the end, it could be a combination of things and not one single item.

Sponsored

OP
OP
reost1

reost1

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2022 Rubicon
So, after much much time at a dealer and then back to the original jeep specialty shop where I got my Mopar 2-inch lift installed. The problem is the lift. I have a 3.0 diesel which is a much heavier engine than a gas engine. I needed geometry relocation brackets for the front control arms. This has fixed the issue. thank you all for the advice.

Tharris

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 4dr (JLU) Sting Gray
Glad you got it fixed. I had no doubt that was the case.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
So, after much much time at a dealer and then back to the original jeep specialty shop where I got my Mopar 2-inch lift installed. The problem is the lift. I have a 3.0 diesel which is a much heavier engine than a gas engine. I needed geometry relocation brackets for the front control arms. This has fixed the issue. thank you all for the advice.
Hey there, reost1. Our team would like to discuss your situation a bit further. When you're able, please send us a private message. Thanks!

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored