First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
NERD
That’s probably the right move. Any recommendations?

Looks like this one should do the trick and technically an upgrade on stock?

https://www.morris4x4center.com/fox...MImaC66rfh_AIVf21vBB2JSgCjEAQYASABEgLB6PD_BwE
You may need to replace the bolt on the wheel side with the older model bolt, be aware of that when going with any aftermarket. in 2021 they changed the bolt to have a long square shank that doesn't fit in the aftermarket shock mount. I just got a JK bolt and used it. I ran into this personally, this stabilizer is the bane of my existence. I am on my third because of its position and my love of rocks.
Sponsored

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
I lucked out and they have them in stock at my dealer, just dropped mine off today. Not confident it will fix it but if that's the only way to keep pressing Stellantis on repairs, so be it.

jc1003

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara, 2019 Pacifica, 2016 CX-9, 2023 Hornet
Occupation
IT
I took my wife's Sahara last week for wobble. They said 1 month to get the stabilizer. No loaner provided but Jeep cares said they would reimburse me if I decided to get one. My wife is driving it until the part arrives.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JeepCares just spoke with the dealership taking a look at my 2021 wrangler 4xe Rubicon, and they noted that my steering damper is defective and needs to be replaced to mitigate the risk of future steer wobbling (severe in my case) on the highway. It is undriveable over 40 mph until I get this fixed.

The part is back ordered for at least 30 days, and the dealership does not have any courtesy vehicles. With the car being under warranty, they said to reach out to Jeepcares for assistance in getting a rental. I drive twice a week over 300 highway miles to get to work and can’t go without a vehicle. Please help with a solution.

Thanks for tagging us. Feel free to send a private message to chat further.

Kate
Jeep Cares

OP
OP

Ccameron511

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
You may need to replace the bolt on the wheel side with the older model bolt, be aware of that when going with any aftermarket. in 2021 they changed the bolt to have a long square shank that doesn't fit in the aftermarket shock mount. I just got a JK bolt and used it. I ran into this personally, this stabilizer is the bane of my existence. I am on my third because of its position and my love of rocks.
Is this something the dealership will be able to handle? Just for ease and peace of mind, I’m planning on having the dealership install the Fox stabilizer rather than doing it myself.

Sponsored

acomputernerd

First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
NERD
Is this something the dealership will be able to handle? Just for ease and peace of mind, I’m planning on having the dealership install the Fox stabilizer rather than doing it myself.
Most definitely. I had to call around to get the bolt but yeah it’s all a dealer part. I actually have the dealer sold fox shock even. That took six months to get as well. I drove with a bent one whilst I waited.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If you don't believe @chevymitchell (which you should), then remove the "defective" stock stabilizer and see if the wobble goes away, gets worse, or stays the same. I drove my lifted JLUR for a week without a stabilizer and it was just fine. You will get more feedback through the steering wheel from road imperfections, bumps, etc. when running without a stabilizer, but it is perfectly fine to do so.

Due to the inability of the dealer to get the part, I would either remove the stock one or buy my own aftermarket stabilizer. Regardless, a bad stabilizer cannot, will not, under any circumstances, be the root cause of death wobble.

jwmmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler jl
@JeepCares My 2021 was diagnosed with a bad damper in early December, many calls to everyone and still the Dealer says part is nowhere in site..... Cant drive the Jeep and Still getting no answers . Maybe jeep will give me a loaner? Asked and still got no answer... My fight will continue

Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
@JeepCares My 2021 was diagnosed with a bad damper in early December, many calls to everyone and still the Dealer says part is nowhere in site..... Cant drive the Jeep and Still getting no answers . Maybe jeep will give me a loaner? Asked and still got no answer... My fight will continue
Why are you waiting that long for a factory damper? The factory one is junk. You’re better off upgrading to something different.

jwmmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler jl
Well it’s under warranty.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Thank you for tagging us. If you need support while your Jeep undergoes repairs or want to discuss further, we are in private message, or you can call 877-426-5337.

Kate
Jeep Cares

OP
OP

Ccameron511

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Most definitely. I had to call around to get the bolt but yeah it’s all a dealer part. I actually have the dealer sold fox shock even. That took six months to get as well. I drove with a bent one whilst I waited.
Sorry, more specifically, the dealership won't have this bolt available themselves, and I should provide with the new stabilizer for install? Did you call around to various dealerships to find? Looks like the bolt is on backorder when shipping direct from Mopar (surprise!)

acomputernerd

First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
NERD
Sorry, more specifically, the dealership won't have this bolt available themselves, and I should provide with the new stabilizer for install? Did you call around to various dealerships to find? Looks like the bolt is on backorder when shipping direct from Mopar (surprise!)
My main dealer didn't have the bolt. If you are having the dealer do the install then they will manage arranging for that specific bolt. Since I bought a direct replacement fit in upgrade I just did the install myself. It's one of the easier upgrades that I have done.

I am guessing there is a shortage on that specific bolt as well because of this exact reason.
Sponsored