Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
so far we are 3 going.. :)
As far as I know. I think a couple others may be meeting us up there, but not fully committed.
I know I am a definite

Imapseudonym from forum is a definite

CaJLMetalHead you sound like a definite

Stevo on spreadsheet?? ??? ?

Sponsored

chacomaya

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2013 VW Golf R, 2016 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT, 2015 KTM 500EXC
Vehicle Showcase
Have fun, everybody! Wish I could be joining you. My wife and I were there a couple of weeks ago (for the 4th time). Here are some pics she took.

Echo Canyon.jpg

Lee Flat Chef Jeff.jpg

Lee Flat.jpg

Racetrack.jpg

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
So I just got my JLR, 100 miles on it. i’ve been camping a jeep'n all my life and am very interested in joining. I would love to see D.V. back country and make new friends. Not many Wranglers that off-road in Carpinteria. My reservations to joining you are, this totally new Wrangler that hasn’t been equipped with off-road accessories and 3 days to get ready and meet up. I have a fair amount of personal camping equipment I can throw in the back a I feel good enough with that part. Mostly it’s the lack of off-road extras that support my own vehicle recovery if needed. Tools, Hi-lift jack, extra fuel, tire repair kit stuff like that. Sounds like this group is going to be small which is good and bad for vehicle recovery. Any thoughts from participants as to this retired dude joining. My wife will not be joining.

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Ben,
Congrats on your Jeep. There will be plenty of recovery gear. I don't think it will be needed. I will be getting a first hand report from a fellow member who is in there now on some of the same routes. Your camping gear, food, water and those supplies are what you'll need other than the pass to be carrying. If you dont' have one you can buy one in the park approximately halfway thru our route.
You said JLR, my only concern would be a gas can if you have the two door. Smaller fuel tank.
But other than that, come on out!
Vic

Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Thanks. I've been into DV a couple times, gas will be my issue with 2 dr Rubi's small tank. I like the extra fuel location on your Jl where did you get that? Okay thanks for accepting me in your group. I will be gathering personal gear and loading up. looks like the meet up is 21st, Mojave 76 station 8:30 AM right.

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Hey SourDough !! I am planning on bringing 16 Gallons of extra fuel ( 2 x 8 gallons gas cans ) .. I should be able to supply you in case you start running low on gas.. :)

Welcome to the D.V. adventure !!

Cheers.. Jose

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Thanks. I've been into DV a couple times, gas will be my issue with 2 dr Rubi's small tank. I like the extra fuel location on your Jl where did you get that? Okay thanks for accepting me in your group. I will be gathering personal gear and loading up. looks like the meet up is 21st, Mojave 76 station 8:30 AM right.
That is one spot. A couple of us are meeting at the park and ride at Porter Ranch Dr off the 118 freeway if your coming that way?? We are MTG there at 7am and driving off.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
That is one spot. A couple of us are meeting at the park and ride at Porter Ranch Dr off the 118 freeway if your coming that way?? We are MTG there at 7am and driving off.
I was thinking of going out 126 thru Santa Clara
That's not out of my way. I will meet up with you there. I'll be in a white JL 2dr rubicon

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hey SourDough !! I am planning on bringing 16 Gallons of extra fuel ( 2 x 8 gallons gas cans ) .. I should be able to supply you in case you start running low on gas.. :)

Welcome to the D.V. adventure !!

Cheers.. Jose
Thank you Jose my new friend. I will bring a small can too.
Sponsored