Death Valley Trip March 21-24

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
What is your plan as far as meeting up? Ballarat by noon on Thursday? I presume..
Sure ! I can do that..

question.. how many of us are going?.. I am going.. perhaps the Google doc can be updated with the list of confirmed Jeepers going

Sponsored

rcpeters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport S 2019
@Blu bi Kong well bad news and good news.....

Bad news..due to family scheduling I'm out :-( (but did find a trip that leaves earlier in March that I can do). I was really looking forward to seeing the rotopax window on the rig.
Good news! I'm still happy to help coordinate documents and planning even if I'm not going. I've updated the document (https://docs.google.com/document/d/...655OTMgfe2VdYXvK3w1-ho0qqHtqQ4dK1wgMvdeuv/pub) with a contacts section.

Everyone who plans to attend please private message me your contact information and if it's ok to publicly share or only share with @Blu bi Kong .

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
@Blu bi Kong well bad news and good news.....

Bad news..due to family scheduling I'm out :-( (but did find a trip that leaves earlier in March that I can do). I was really looking forward to seeing the rotopax window on the rig.
Good news! I'm still happy to help coordinate documents and planning even if I'm not going. I've updated the document (https://docs.google.com/document/d/...655OTMgfe2VdYXvK3w1-ho0qqHtqQ4dK1wgMvdeuv/pub) with a contacts section.

Everyone who plans to attend please private message me your contact information and if it's ok to publicly share or only share with @Blu bi Kong .
You the manS! Sorry you'll miss it tho

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Hey Friends,Getting together for an impromptu gathering on Saturday March 9th at Eggs and Things in Thousand oaks to go over the fast approaching Death Valley trip. Gonna go over what we need and what we are bringing to make sure we have thot of everything and if there is anything we may not need to carry 12 of!

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I have a Death Valley trip planned for 1 week earlier and i'm now starting to get concerned about trail conditions.

The nps is showing many roads/trails as currently closed: https://www.nps.gov/deva/planyourvisit/conditions.htm

Anyone else have reliable sources for Death Valley trail closures???
I'm watching both that site and the facebook site. Presently, going in thru Goler Cyn is open. I will be calling on Monday the 18th.

Sponsored

BostonJohn13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 05 Wrangler Unlimited
I'm watching both that site and the facebook site. Presently, going in thru Goler Cyn is open. I will be calling on Monday the 18th.
I also plan to enter through Goler Wash so hopefully that route stays open. Our trip through Titus Canyon is in question though.

chacomaya

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2013 VW Golf R, 2016 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT, 2015 KTM 500EXC
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Death Valley trip planned for 1 week earlier and i'm now starting to get concerned about trail conditions.

The nps is showing many roads/trails as currently closed: https://www.nps.gov/deva/planyourvisit/conditions.htm

Anyone else have reliable sources for Death Valley trail closures???
We just got back from 7 days there and yes, there are a lot of road closures. Of note: Titus Canyon, West Side Road, Wildrose, South Pass, North Pass, Hunter Mountain, and Emigrant Canyon Road. We camped for 2 nights at Lee Flat and saw a number of people driving down, presumably from Lippincott, which means they drove South Pass. There are situations where there is a sign saying that the road is closed, but you can easily drive around it. There are also situations with closed gates.

The website you have is what we used to plan our trip, along with the Death Valley Road Conditions Facebook page, which is updated by NPS and is a good place to ask specific questions of the NPS staff (they actually reply!).

The area around Gold Valley is open and had some amazing scenery and some pretty fun driving as well. We went there instead of Butte Valley which we were told you cannot get to due to West Side Road being closed. We also camped at the Racetrack, Echo Canyon, and as previously mentioned, Lee Flat.
Sponsored