Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Plan ahead!
Leaving San Fernando Valley for Death Valley at 7am on March 21. Join us for some 4 wheeling, camping and exploring in one of my favorite places. So much to see!
Goler Cyn, Barker Ranch, Butte Valley, the Lippencott, Hunter Mt.
Some of the most amazing country you'll ever see. The nightsky, the sunrises and sunsets are among the most spectacular around.
Enjoy dry camping under the stars in wide open land that few have ever seen. You will carry all you need and be responsible for your own park pass.
I have gone to Death Valley several times thru the years and continue to be awwed with it's beauty. I welcome your questions you may have or help organizing with me.
Obviously, weather and possible washouts have the potential to affect these dates. I ask you to remain adaptable to the conditions.
Vic
Sponsored

ResqFE

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
I might be interested too. Did the Panamint Valley Days and had fun. Want to see more.
I am doing the Lordsburg, Lake Hume run 2 Mar and will see as we get closer.

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I might be interested too. Did the Panamint Valley Days and had fun. Want to see more.
I am doing the Lordsburg, Lake Hume run 2 Mar and will see as we get closer.
Cool, I hope to get a few folks out there. Getting a number of yes's and maybe's. I am out quite a bit. Thought it would be cool to get some of together someplace other than on the internet!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Definitely, there is some terrain that would be classified as a little tougher than others. A stock Jeep will handle anything we would encounter. Some of those areas may require one of us to spot, but easily doable.
I have been thru there probably 25-30 times in the last 20 years. A super fun place. Lots of history there and many places that few in the world have ever seen! All are welcome!

chacomaya

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2013 VW Golf R, 2016 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT, 2015 KTM 500EXC
Vehicle Showcase
Plan ahead!
Leaving San Fernando Valley for Death Valley at 7am on March 21. Join us for some 4 wheeling, camping and exploring in one of my favorite places. So much to see!
Goler Cyn, Barker Ranch, Butte Valley, the Lippencott, Hunter Mt.
Some of the most amazing country you'll ever see. The nightsky, the sunrises and sunsets are among the most spectacular around.
Enjoy dry camping under the stars in wide open land that few have ever seen. You will carry all you need and be responsible for your own park pass.
I have gone to Death Valley several times thru the years and continue to be awwed with it's beauty. I welcome your questions you may have or help organizing with me.
Obviously, weather and possible washouts have the potential to affect these dates. I ask you to remain adaptable to the conditions.
Vic
I would so love to join in on this trip, but my wife and I are gonna be there about 3 weeks before your trip for about a week (then on to Joshua Tree and Phoenix for Spring training games). That said, I am not above shamelessly taking any and all suggestions for great places to visit and tracks to drive. We have been to Death Valley 3 times (last time was the latest superbloom), and love it every time we go there. My wife especially, as she is a pretty amazing photographer. However, we have never been there in a Jeep, so...

995382_1177243338955501_6201921032484085930_n.jpg

1916871_1177243345622167_6701152490108092672_n.jpg

gsxr310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I’m interested. Will this trip require fuel cans?

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I’m interested. Will this trip require fuel cans?
Fuel is good as insurance. I have made some mounting plates to add a Rotopax mount and can to if your interested pm me.
As far as sights.
Striped Butte Valley
The race track
Telescope peak
The Lippencott trail
Barker Ranch
Goler Canyon
Tea Kettle junction
Saline Valley
Warm Springs
Ballarat
....and all parts in between!
I would so love to join in on this trip, but my wife and I are gonna be there about 3 weeks before your trip for about a week (then on to Joshua Tree and Phoenix for Spring training games). That said, I am not above shamelessly taking any and all suggestions for great places to visit and tracks to drive. We have been to Death Valley 3 times (last time was the latest superbloom), and love it every time we go there. My wife especially, as she is a pretty amazing photographer. However, we have never been there in a Jeep, so...

995382_1177243338955501_6201921032484085930_n.jpg

1916871_1177243345622167_6701152490108092672_n.jpg
20181029_124751.jpg

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Definitely, there is some terrain that would be classified as a little tougher than others. A stock Jeep will handle anything we would encounter. Some of those areas may require one of us to spot, but easily doable.
I have been thru there probably 25-30 times in the last 20 years. A super fun place. Lots of history there and many places that few in the world have ever seen! All are welcome!
Nice. Definitely interested. Assuming my Jeep gets out of inspection sometime in the next 3 months lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Spotters....Can't pass that up I'm in.
Spotters....Can't pass that up I'm in.
This trip will be totally self supported. We will each bring what we need. No meals or repair team or dedicated spotters. The shear number of times I've been there will be our guide for the most part. That said, all knowledge of the area will be welcome so as not to discount anyones desired stops and destinations. As far as repair and spotters go, my 40 year creed has been all in as a team, all out as a team. This will be the case again. No one gets left behind. Eat together, roll together.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I've ridden horseback from Ridgecrest, thru/over the Panamint mountains, in and through the places Vic mentioned and on to Furnace Creek. It's beautiful country and not to be missed. Unfortunately, this is just before my planned retirement and I probably can't make it. If I can, I'll hook up with all of you.

LeoTheDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Definitely interested, though I'd be coming from a little further north. I drove through Death Valley on my way home from picking up the Jeep but because of some delivery delays, I couldn't spend as much time going through as I originally planned.

Timing is a little up in the air for me right now but as the date gets closer I'll have a better idea on if I can commit. Subbed!
Sponsored