Death Valley 12/19-12/20

steverino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Anyone up for a short trip to death Valley?
we will probably go up to 15 passed Baker to Saratoga Springs Road and go up to Harry Waite Road.
Then possibly up to warm Springs Road or over to Beattie and rhyolite. Then at Titus Canyon route over to the race track.
not sure where we will stay overnight yet. Dispersed camping of back country roads is open in death Valley.
The other person is driving a Cherokee trail hawk. So we won’t be doing anything crazy.
Sponsored

KSwilly

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys in Hellayella
Vehicle Showcase
Please send me details! I’d love to do a Death Valley trip!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I would be so down for this if it was not 2057 miles away. I love Death Valley. I have done it twice on motorcycles and twice in convertible cars.

I will be doing Death Valley by Jeep in March of 2022.

OP
OP

steverino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Please send me details! I’d love to do a Death Valley trip!
That’s it so far above. Ad Hoc . Will leave Sat morning from Simi Valley around 5:30 am.
will meet the other guy in Barstow

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

Are there "must haves" in order to join you guys? I just got my first JLUR and everything is more or less stock at this point except the 35" tires that I'd be installing this Thursday. For example, do I have to have a tent, or is there a motel/hotel nearby where we can crash? Anything else I must have?Sorry, I've never been on a trail trip before.

Sponsored

KSwilly

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys in Hellayella
Vehicle Showcase
That’s it so far above. Ad Hoc . Will leave Sat morning from Simi Valley around 5:30 am.
will meet the other guy in Barstow
I'm coming from Culver City, so can probably meet in Barstow. We're planning to overnight in the park somewhere, yes? I don't have a rooftop overland rig, but I have an easy setup ground tent that folds/unfolds out in minutes.

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Nice! I was just up on the Saline side before the camp closure. Harry Wade/West Side Road is a nice drive coming in from Baker. Make sure you don't skimp on the fire wood. It was pitch black by 5:30 and it dipped into the teens each night. Happy trails!

OP
OP

steverino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Are there "must haves" in order to join you guys? I just got my first JLUR and everything is more or less stock at this point except the 35" tires that I'd be installing this Thursday. For example, do I have to have a tent, or is there a motel/hotel nearby where we can crash? Anything else I must have?Sorry, I've never been on a trail trip before.
The only hotels are in Beatty and perhaps Panamint Springs. We don't have a set place we have to be Sat night. So I don't know where that will be. Probably back country road where disbursed camping is allowed. You will need a small shovel and TP (do I need to elaborate :). You will need a
warm sleeping bag. 25 degree or warmer. I will most likely be sleeping in my Jeep. You will need extra gas can as well. Your own food. You must have a sense of humor and be flexible. This is only one night.

FrankieBee

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler - 2 door
I am definitely interested. I’m local (Winnetka/reseda area). I will be pming you shortly.
Sponsored