Sponsored

Dear Jeep: How about ventilated seats??? Poll

Should Jeep Offer Ventilated Seats on the JL?

• Total voters
OP
OP
szobell

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
You can get ventilated/heated after market seats through Katzkins leather. Not sure $ amount but preventing swamp ass is worth it to me. I’m actually asking local shops about them and waiting on a quote.
Please share what you learn! I am very interested in that as well!

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
I went with cloth seats for the heat factor. I would love to know, are cloth seats or leather + ventilated seats cooler in the summer? I'd bet cloth and no venting is probably almost as cool, and simpler.
I bought a Ram Regular Cab pickup a couple years ago, and they wouldn't put the ventilated leather seats in it, so I had to go with "cloth". More than a temperature concern - the cloth seats began to show wear much sooner than any leather seats I have. So I had the seats redone with perforated leather by a competitor of Katskins - they're more durable and although no ventilation (which is usually air con ducting under the seat from up front, blown through with a fan), they are OK as far as temperature goes. But I too hit that remote and let the air con run for the allotted ten minutes before getting in that truck in the summer.
BTW - something to consider...Katskins and the competitor I used, use the OEM pattern and also include the seat-mounted airbags if there are any. Not sure if my JL will have seat-mounted air bags as I'm still patiently (?) waiting it's arrival... Your local upholstery shop may be able to make up some nice leather seating for you, but will it have air bags?

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
My husband’s convertible has cooled seats and I love them when it’s hot out. I’d *love* those on my JL.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a Ram Regular Cab pickup a couple years ago, and they wouldn't put the ventilated leather seats in it, so I had to go with "cloth". More than a temperature concern - the cloth seats began to show wear much sooner than any leather seats I have. So I had the seats redone with perforated leather by a competitor of Katskins - they're more durable and although no ventilation (which is usually air con ducting under the seat from up front, blown through with a fan), they are OK as far as temperature goes. But I too hit that remote and let the air con run for the allotted ten minutes before getting in that truck in the summer.
BTW - something to consider...Katskins and the competitor I used, use the OEM pattern and also include the seat-mounted airbags if there are any. Not sure if my JL will have seat-mounted air bags as I'm still patiently (?) waiting it's arrival... Your local upholstery shop may be able to make up some nice leather seating for you, but will it have air bags?
I might be totally wrong, but I always thought the airbags were part of the seat and the cover just has the right preparations for the airbags to deploy through them.

JandS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe | Exige S | R wagon | V Wagon | MB S65
Wouldn't ventilated seats simply make it easier to dry out the seats if they got wet? Just month the motor in the seat back so it doesn't get wet.
Sponsored