Sponsored

Dear Jeep: How about ventilated seats??? Poll

Should Jeep Offer Ventilated Seats on the JL?

• Total voters

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I love my JL. I really do, but the thing that just escapes me is why I can get ventilated seats on my (adequate) Cherokee (not even Grand - just adequate). But they just don't want to give me ventilated seats on the JL. I just don't get what is going on with that decision. Roof and doors off, life is 90% great. Gimme that 10% more and let me buy ventilated seats!!!!
Sponsored

TreeHugger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Vehicle Showcase
I love my JL. I really do, but the thing that just escapes me is why I can get ventilated seats on my (adequate) Cherokee (not even Grand - just adequate). But they just don't want to give me ventilated seats on the JL. I just don't get what is going on with that decision. Roof and doors off, life is 90% great. Gimme that 10% more and let me buy ventilated seats!!!!

Ventilated seats don't like getting wet like Wranglers tend to do with the doors and top off.

OP
OP
szobell

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Ventilated seats don't like getting wet like Wranglers tend to do with the doors and top off.
I have been thinking about that, but I have to figure in this day and age with self-driving vehicles, waterproof interiors, and all the other cool tech companies are making nowadays, building it so the fan to push air through holes in the seats doesn't get ruined in a downpour doesn't seem like we need a radical engineering breakthrough....

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Lots of convertible cars have ventilated seats, I don't see why Wrangler doesn't offer them. :(

Sponsored

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Not only is this a yes for me, it’s a hell yes. The only reason I didn’t get leather is because of the lack of ventilated seats. Nobody needs that kind of swamp going on during the lovely 105 degree summers.

The last six cars have all had ventilated seats. Kind of a must have. I still prefer the wife’s Denali on a really hot day just because of that.

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
Glad to see I'm not the only one who likes - no, loves - ventilated seats. I almost didn't go with a new Jeep because of that, but decided I'd try it anyway, figuring I will get seat covers if I stick to the leather! I was told that because the Jeeps are supposed to be able to be washed out with a hose, they couldn't put the fans underneath the seats like those vehicles that have that option, have. There's a few other things that are missing that are likely so for the same reason. I have "devices" in my motorhome seats that are a cooling block and fan all in one assembly, that I might see about putting in the Jeep, but that would also require a change in the foam rubber to some with perforations all the way through.

Dvol

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
You can get ventilated/heated after market seats through Katzkins leather. Not sure $ amount but preventing swamp ass is worth it to me. I’m actually asking local shops about them and waiting on a quote.

sna77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Have ventilated seats in my 5 series and love them—was driving the JLU in 90 degree heat the other day wishing I had them...

Sponsored

EB12

First Name
Elvir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I had ventilated seats in my grand cherokee and it was nice but when the leather ages it seems be more susceptible to cracks due to the perforated leather. Plus if you have dogs they seem to be more scratch prone. I guess for me its not that big of a deal because of the remote start feature so i can make sure my car is cooled down before getting in that way.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I never had them but really wish I had them. I put Bartact seat covers on immediately after purchase so I would have been screwed anyways. I guess if I have vented seats I would consider running the seats naked.

In the cooler months I'll run the top open with the heated seats. Vented would be nice for the blistering summers as well.

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
Lots of convertible cars have ventilated seats, I don't see why Wrangler doesn't offer them. :(
Other convertibles have ventilated seats, but are they advertised as being waterproof? The reason we can’t get ventilated seats is the same reason we don’t have power seats and fold-down windshields. Because many of us care about the heritage of the brand and want them to be consistent. I demand a 30 inch water fording and drain plugs, so they can’t install power seats. I’ve never folded down my windshield but I love that I could. And likewise I demand my interior be rugged and waterproof. I promise BMW isn’t promising the same level of durability on their 3 series interior.

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I went with cloth seats for the heat factor. I would love to know, are cloth seats or leather + ventilated seats cooler in the summer? I'd bet cloth and no venting is probably almost as cool, and simpler.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Other convertibles have ventilated seats, but are they advertised as being waterproof? The reason we can’t get ventilated seats is the same reason we don’t have power seats and fold-down windshields. Because many of us care about the heritage of the brand and want them to be consistent. I demand a 30 inch water fording and drain plugs, so they can’t install power seats. I’ve never folded down my windshield but I love that I could. And likewise I demand my interior be rugged and waterproof. I promise BMW isn’t promising the same level of durability on their 3 series interior.
If any of that is true then I demand you don't order the seats. Problem solved lol.

And heritage? Better rip those power windows and locks out of your Moab because many generations of Wranglers didn't have them.
Sponsored