Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
Not in this area - no one is selling below sticker
I'm from the Barrington area, but I now live in Milwaukee.

When I ordered mine last summer I emailed all dealers in the Chicago and Milwaukee area. A couple of dealers in Northern IL would go below MSRP (I don't remember which ones) but I found two dealers in MKE that would as well, so I had them bid against each other until the closest dealer would match the best price.

BTW, my brothers know the Wickstroms in Barrington. I'm sure you could get a fair deal there, but I'm not sure how far below they'll go.
Sponsored

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
I drove all the way to PA to trade a vehicle to get 6% off Invoice for a 392. Not "in my area" but was so worth the deal imo. Plus I got a nice little road trip back to FL from PA

Last edited:

SmokinV10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR, Tesla Plaid, McLaren 720s, R8, Ram 1500
People. If you think the demand for Jeeps is driven by the enthusiasm of the enthusiast demographic m in this forum you’re mistaken. What I’m hearing is buyers who overpaid and are hoping for sustained high values. You don’t need every “jeep buyer” to drop our because of fuel prices to cause a shift in supply. Losing 5% is significant. If Rubicon buyers become EV buyers that impacts demand. Fuel prices also impact the cost of all goods sold. The market is showing that the average American is struggling. This impacts demand. The fed is raising rates 100 basis points. As real estate starts to be impacted, title companies, mortgage companies, title companies, realtors are impacted. Tech companies that have shed billions in valuation are laying off. Restaurants will soon feel the pinch. Unemployment will rise. There WILL be a recession and the recession WILL impact demand. It’s what it’s designed to do. The antidote to inflation is a recession. Don’t be obtuse. The macroeconomic effects of these market conditions and the idiots leading this government are real.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
People. If you think the demand for Jeeps is driven by the enthusiasm of the enthusiast demographic m in this forum you’re mistaken. What I’m hearing is buyers who overpaid and are hoping for sustained high values. You don’t need every “jeep buyer” to drop our because of fuel prices to cause a shift in supply. Losing 5% is significant. If Rubicon buyers become EV buyers that impacts demand. Fuel prices also impact the cost of all goods sold. The market is showing that the average American is struggling. This impacts demand. The fed is raising rates 100 basis points. As real estate starts to be impacted, title companies, mortgage companies, title companies, realtors are impacted. Tech companies that have shed billions in valuation are laying off. Restaurants will soon feel the pinch. Unemployment will rise. There WILL be a recession and the recession WILL impact demand. It’s what it’s designed to do. The antidote to inflation is a recession. Don’t be obtuse. The macroeconomic effects of these market conditions and the idiots leading this government are real.
Who is behind the curtain controlling the theater of the Great and Powerful Wizards of Idiocy, and are they pulling the intended levers with precision. We could use a little dog to pull back the curtain and expose the real Wizards!

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I'm thinking that that approach is fairly old school, right? I sure as hell don't like dickering with a slimy salesperson and would much rather pick a dealership with known pricing.
I would much rather never go back to this approach. EVER. Waste of time, and straight up disrespectful to the customer.

fatedtitan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Wrangler Sahara
Jeep can’t build 4xe’s fast enough to meet customer demand. Buyers love the 21 miles of all electric propulsion. My guess is that Jeep is working on a larger battery with more range for the next 4xe model.
The low miles on electric and lack of infrastructure in my area definitely impacted by decision to go with ICE instead.

This thing about the 4XE and how much more it costs has been the subject of it's own thread or two. It all depends how you look at it. The issue is the 4XE comes on the higher trim levels and forces you to take options you don't have to take on the lower trim levels so in that case, it could be a LOT more. However, if you compare a 4xe on par with another Rubicon or Sahara (or higher) and add the options to the non-4xe that the 4xe forces you to take, THEN you take out the $7500, they're about the SAME price or within a few hundred either side. When they sell enough of them the $7500 will be phased out and THAT is where we'll see how well the "battery meets the road."
I'm more curious if the price drops once the subsidy is gone. Obviously, it won't *actually* make it cheaper, but I'm not sure people will be convinced to buy at $15k higher.

Xspurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Juliet Lima
I'm more curious if the price drops once the subsidy is gone.
It probably will. That's what happened with the Chevy Bolt EUV. It was a new model, different enough one would think from the plain Bolt, yet the gov't considered it the same model and wouldn't give a new credit to it. They recently lowered it by a full $4000. It could be the "stop sale" battery issue they had last year contributed to that but either way they weren't selling well even back when people were buying anything with wheels and a motor.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed - planned to get my daughter a LJ or JK - JK’s are worse off on cheap mods than TJ’s, and just terribly done.

Still might get her a LJ - key is finding one with no rust. But when you get over $20K for a 15+ year old Jeep a new one sounds awful appealing…at least to my wife 😂
I bought one last year for $13K, no rust. I already put $5k in to though, lol

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
It probably will. That's what happened with the Chevy Bolt EUV. It was a new model, different enough one would think from the plain Bolt, yet the gov't considered it the same model and wouldn't give a new credit to it. They recently lowered it by a full $4000. It could be the "stop sale" battery issue they had last year contributed to that but either way they weren't selling well even back when people were buying anything with wheels and a motor.
Electric vehicle credits are per manufacturer, not per model. Chevy's tax credit began phasing out over 4 years ago and completely disappeared more than 2 years ago. So any recent price cut would definitely be unrelated. Also the Bolt has always been something of a value play EV and is facing an increasingly crowded market. The Wrangler's market is a totally different beast. Honestly I don't think there is anything comparable that we can try to draw insight from at this point. The 4xe is already like $8k more than it was a year ago and they are still selling like hot cakes. It definitely will be interesting to see what happens when Stellantis runs out of credits.

Sponsored

Hernan

First Name
Hernan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON 4XE
I'm eager to see the day were dealers are gone for good and manufacturers sell directly to consumer. Have discounts and promos, and stop with al the damn haggling. It's so much more exhausting replacing my car than replacing my computer, or TV, and I don't see any reason why that should be.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I'm eager to see the day were dealers are gone for good and manufacturers sell directly to consumer. Have discounts and promos, and stop with al the damn haggling. It's so much more exhausting replacing my car than replacing my computer, or TV, and I don't see any reason why that should be.
Apparently that's how it is in Europe. You go into the manufacturer's dealership and order what you want at the manufacturer's price.

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Apparently that's how it is in Europe. You go into the manufacturer's dealership and order what you want at the manufacturer's price.
I don't remember seeing too many, if any American brands there, but there are dealerships there, at least in Poland and Germany. Nothing like it is here though. They're few and far between and usually only in the major cities.

swampflyer

First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlr-2015 jette tdi-2013 mb
Occupation
retired
I bought a new bmw that way in Munich. straight from the factory.

CJ99X

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sahara
I don't remember seeing too many, if any American brands there, but there are dealerships there, at least in Poland and Germany. Nothing like it is here though. They're few and far between and usually only in the major cities.
If I remember they call them galleries over there, view the loaded vehicles then choose your options.
Sponsored