Sponsored

Deals in NY? And are dealers required to honor the Tread Lightly 1% below invoice membership benefit?

BackToWrangler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary JLU
I am shopping for a 2021 JLU Sport S on Long Island in NY.

I had a '99 TJ and really miss it.

Of course I am shopping for the best deal I can get. The best offer I have so far is $1500 under MSRP which includes Jeep's $500 rebate which is good thru 1/22/21.

I recently came across the info in this forum on getting Wrangler's for below dealer invoice.

Does anyone know, are dealers required to honor the Tread Lightly 1% below invoice membership benefit?

Has anyone bought in NY or Long Island? Any luck on getting a better deal than what I am being offered?

Thanks!

Chris
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Dealers are not required to honor Tread Lightly though most do.

If you are willing to travel to Maryland you can get some of the lowest prices in the country.

OP
OP
BackToWrangler

BackToWrangler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

If you are willing to travel to Maryland you can get some of the lowest prices in the country.
ThirtyOne,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Is there a specific dealer in Maryland you could recommend?

Any contact info you can provide? You can email me if you don't want to post the info.

Chris

OP
OP
BackToWrangler

BackToWrangler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I just found out Long Island dealers do accept the Tread Lightly discount! Just applied for my membership...now I have to wait 30 days to buy...oh well.

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
I just found out Long Island dealers do accept the Tread Lightly discount! Just applied for my membership...now I have to wait 30 days to buy...oh well.
I suggest when discussing this with dealers, do not use the term "Tread Lightly Discount". It is the "FCA Affiliate Pricing", and Tread Lightly is just one of thousands of companies/organizations that are part of the FCA Affiliate Rewards program. A dealer may be more familiar with that term and more likely to agree to abide by the rules (like showing you the POC with invoice costs). Good luck.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BackToWrangler

BackToWrangler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I suggest when discussing this with dealers, do not use the term "Tread Lightly Discount". It is the "FCA Affiliate Pricing", and Tread Lightly is just one of thousands of companies/organizations that are part of the FCA Affiliate Rewards program. A dealer may be more familiar with that term and more likely to agree to abide by the rules (like showing you the POC with invoice costs). Good luck.
Thanks!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
ThirtyOne,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Is there a specific dealer in Maryland you could recommend?

Any contact info you can provide? You can email me if you don't want to post the info.

Chris
I was referring to Criswell.

You can also look at Koon's in Va and Tri-City in NC who are forum sponsors. These dealers will give you 5%-8% below invoice no-haggle prices.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I am shopping for a 2021 JLU Sport S on Long Island in NY.

I had a '99 TJ and really miss it.

Of course I am shopping for the best deal I can get. The best offer I have so far is $1500 under MSRP which includes Jeep's $500 rebate which is good thru 1/22/21.

I recently came across the info in this forum on getting Wrangler's for below dealer invoice.

Does anyone know, are dealers required to honor the Tread Lightly 1% below invoice membership benefit?

Has anyone bought in NY or Long Island? Any luck on getting a better deal than what I am being offered?

Thanks!

Chris
Where to start...
Do not buy on Long Island. Even if you get a deal you can live with, they will know nothing about your Jeep, and will almost certainly jerk you around with financing and warranty. When I was shopping, I found 1 dealer who was worth talking to (Merrick DJCR)and that was on a leftover Moab.
The FCA Affiliate Reward is available to many, many companies outside of Tread Lightly, so look into it a bit. As a teacher, I was able to qualify as a NYS employee at no cost, no wait.

If you're willing to wait for your Affiliate Rewards, maybe you're willing to wait for a factory order, which is where you'll find your best savings. Plus, and maybe more importantly, you will get the exact build you want without the dealer search/swap compromise in stock purchases usually require. If you contact the recommended dealers on this forum through the contact information, they will walk you through all of the details of the process, but it's as easy as forwarding you desired configuration, giving a deposit and then waiting, normally between 4 and 8 weeks for your Jeep to arrive. This is the process that will net you as low as 8% below invoice (12-13% below msrp), which for a Sport S with a few options would result in a savings in the ballpark of $5000+, well worth the wait in my opinion.
Finally, please do yourself a favor and research this forum vigorously. One afternoon on these threads will save you countless hours of frustration and thousands of dollars. The threads represent literally tens of thousands of manhours of research and experience, all conducted by men and women who love Jeeps and the Jeep community. If you avail yourself of their wisdom, you will be much happier in the end.

Sponsored

Rhonda13

First Name
Rhonda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Camaro LT

You must be in Eastern Maryland because anything in the DMV area, specifically nova the prices are outrageous. We’re not even close to being off-roading up here 😂

OP
OP
BackToWrangler

BackToWrangler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where to start...
Do not buy on Long Island. Even if you get a deal you can live with, they will know nothing about your Jeep, and will almost certainly jerk you around with financing and warranty. When I was shopping, I found 1 dealer who was worth talking to (Merrick DJCR)and that was on a leftover Moab.
The FCA Affiliate Reward is available to many, many companies outside of Tread Lightly, so look into it a bit. As a teacher, I was able to qualify as a NYS employee at no cost, no wait.

If you're willing to wait for your Affiliate Rewards, maybe you're willing to wait for a factory order, which is where you'll find your best savings. Plus, and maybe more importantly, you will get the exact build you want without the dealer search/swap compromise in stock purchases usually require. If you contact the recommended dealers on this forum through the contact information, they will walk you through all of the details of the process, but it's as easy as forwarding you desired configuration, giving a deposit and then waiting, normally between 4 and 8 weeks for your Jeep to arrive. This is the process that will net you as low as 8% below invoice (12-13% below msrp), which for a Sport S with a few options would result in a savings in the ballpark of $5000+, well worth the wait in my opinion.
Finally, please do yourself a favor and research this forum vigorously. One afternoon on these threads will save you countless hours of frustration and thousands of dollars. The threads represent literally tens of thousands of manhours of research and experience, all conducted by men and women who love Jeeps and the Jeep community. If you avail yourself of their wisdom, you will be much happier in the end.
Thank you!!! Awesome suggestions!!!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
You must be in Eastern Maryland because anything in the DMV area, specifically nova the prices are outrageous. We’re not even close to being off-roading up here 😂
The low-price dealers in Maryland, Virginia, and NC are well-known on this forum.