Sponsored

Deals in NY? And are dealers required to honor the Tread Lightly 1% below invoice membership benefit?

OP
OP
BackToWrangler

BackToWrangler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary JLU
CRISWELL.
Order the Jeep, wait 1 month.
Take a $15 mega bus down to DC.

pay $30 for an Uber to dealership

#easysavings
I'm leaning that way. I just went to a local dealer I've been working with. He really didn't seem to know much about the FCA Affiliates program and didn't know Tread Lightly. They wanted to sell today (I told him I have to wait 30 days to get the discount) so he just flat out asked what the program would save me. I told him $2100 off MSRP (I know in NY I wouldn't get better). He showed me the dealer invoice and said can't do it. Best he would do was $1000 off MSRP if I used their financing, and said maybe we could add another $100 to my trade in (Nissan Pathfinder). We shook hands and I went on my merry way. :)
Sponsored

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I'm leaning that way. I just went to a local dealer I've been working with. He really didn't seem to know much about the FCA Affiliates program and didn't know Tread Lightly. They wanted to sell today (I told him I have to wait 30 days to get the discount) so he just flat out asked what the program would save me. I told him $2100 off MSRP (I know in NY I wouldn't get better). He showed me the dealer invoice and said can't do it. Best he would do was $1000 off MSRP if I used their financing, and said maybe we could add another $100 to my trade in (Nissan Pathfinder). We shook hands and I went on my merry way. :)
think of it this way, why would any nyc/Lai dealer need to lower their price when the demand is high and can sell at msrp?

OP
OP
BackToWrangler

BackToWrangler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
think of it this way, why would any nyc/Lai dealer need to lower their price when the demand is high and can sell at msrp?
Yes of course. That's why there's no hard feelings on my side. I told him I understand, I'm just trying to get the best deal I can, and he said he understood.

BUT, I figured it pays to see what I can do locally before taking the step of buying out of state.

Honestly I would have been happy with just the 1% under dealer invoice. He still makes the dealer hold back, and whatever other rebates and incentives he gets from FCA.

I figured never hurts to try.

I just spoke to the other dealer close to me and he'll do the 1% under dealer invoice in 30 days when my code is available. So I have 30 days to decide do I take the local price or go out of state and do even better. Honestly I really like the idea of ordering EXACTLY what I want. :)

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Yes of course. That's why there's no hard feelings on my side. I told him I understand, I'm just trying to get the best deal I can, and he said he understood.

BUT, I figured it pays to see what I can do locally before taking the step of buying out of state.

Honestly I would have been happy with just the 1% under dealer invoice. He still makes the dealer hold back, and whatever other rebates and incentives he gets from FCA.

I figured never hurts to try.

I just spoke to the other dealer close to me and he'll do the 1% under dealer invoice in 30 days when my code is available. So I have 30 days to decide do I take the local price or go out of state and do even better. Honestly I really like the idea of ordering EXACTLY what I want. :)
Just to save you some time,

I called all the dealers within NYC/Li

the cheapest is Suresky, NY(5%)

criswell is 8%, and low fee. I’m not rich but if I can save a few hundred here and there with a longer commute, I rather do that.

If you value time, then you might have to pay a bit for a JL.

OP
OP
BackToWrangler

BackToWrangler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

criswell is 8%, and low fee. I’m not rich but if I can save a few hundred here and there with a longer commute, I rather do that.

Awesome info! Thank you!

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome info! Thank you!
I ordered my 2019 JLUR through Suresky CDJR up in Goshen, NY. They offered a great deal without a shred of haggle from either side. They may not offer as good of a deal as further south in Maryland, but NY puts a $75 cap on doc fees vs a few to several hundred down south. Another benefit of staying in state, is you will only pay tax on the difference between the trade in value and the final sale price.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For post sale service needs, Empire Jeep on sunrise highway in West Islip is the only dealer that I would trust touching my jeep.

For parts needs and questions, allmoparparts. They are one of this forums sponsors. Their subforum can be found towards the bottom of the main forum page. Its overseen by a helpful guy named Benny. They are also located on long Island, so parts will be on your porch rather quickly.

Welcome to the community. Theres a plethora of information to be found here.

Elsinore73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Bought mine through Huntington Jeep and was happy with the experience. Have bought several Jeep’s from them over the years.

OP
OP
BackToWrangler

BackToWrangler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered my 2019 JLUR through Suresky CDJR up in Goshen, NY. They offered a great deal without a shred of haggle from either side. They may not offer as good of a deal as further south in Maryland, but NY puts a $75 cap on doc fees vs a few to several hundred down south. Another benefit of staying in state, is you will only pay tax on the difference between the trade in value and the final sale price.
You mean trade in value if I trade in a vehicle?

OP
OP
BackToWrangler

BackToWrangler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bought mine through Huntington Jeep and was happy with the experience. Have bought several Jeep’s from them over the years.
What kind of deal did they give you? Did you pay below dealer invoice?

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You mean trade in value if I trade in a vehicle?
5% under invoice from a dealer 2-2.5 hours north is a better deal than 8% from a dealer 5-6 hours south.

Less of your time and fuel, much lower doc fees, and our tax laws actually favoring us for once. Those quickly make the 5% just as juicy, if not more so, than 8%.

Caseman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for jeep
Can I ask what the 8% off was on? I'm looking for a loaded rubicon.

And with my employer code which the dealer called it "Preferred Price". Was 1% off of invoice.

Which he. Also give me the invoice sheet so I'm super happy about that.

I'm totally willing to fly out and drive home for the right price.

Sponsored