Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Not for nothing, but I'll do everything in my power to never go to the dealership. Even if I like them.
Get your tires online, tirerack or discounttiredirect, you'll be much better off.
Sponsored

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Other than venting, what expectations from the forum members are you looking for?

Deleted member 53226

Now he wants me to print it out. I’m like “dude where the hell do I do that? I live an hour away”. So I ask him for his email to send it. Give me attitude but agrees.
Says he has to pass it along to the OWNER and see what he says
I dunno man, all that blood pressure medicine you are needing to take for what amounts to 20% off a $100 tire, so 20 bucks. Maybe its a "part" maybe its just a "tire" who knows. Its their coupon so I guess they get to define the word "part".

Also, just my 2 cents, but you shouldn't even be at a car dealer to get a tire. They will have inflated prices as it is. Any number of places, like discount tire, will serve you better. I/ve never had any issues at those places and they will even have a better guarantee/warranty on the tires.

Sponsored

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Not sure why all the hate for tires from the service department. I know they’re usually only good for denying my warranty claims the first 3-4 visits, but I picked up a set of Wildpeaks from a local dealer last year offering ”buy 3 get 1 free” promo with same per-tire cost as Discount & Tirerack before the free one.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
buy 3 get 1 free
During this promo, my local dealer marks up the cost of each tire such that the cost of three during the promo is really the regular cost of four. Consumers buying inside or outside of the promotion end up spending the same amount of money.

Deleted member 53226

During this promo, my local dealer marks up the cost of each tire such that the cost of three during the promo is really the regular cost of four. Consumers buying inside or outside of the promotion end up spending the same amount of money.
Yes, this. Exactly.

It the same thing when I go to Kohl's and see a 5 pack of white tee shirts, advertised as a big sale with buy one pack get one free. Sounds awesome except the first 5 pack cost like $45!

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Dealership is correct. Tires are not classified as parts. That doesn't make sense to a consumer though, so understand your frustration.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Northridge 4x4 is a forum sponsor that offers up to 20%? off with coupon code JLWRANGLERFORUM

Another option is discount tire direct. They price match and run $100 off flash sales pretty often. I recently got an email about one.

Sponsored

jeep0

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 14 328 xdrive
The Northridge coupon doesn't work on ARB lights. :crying:

Northridge 4x4 is a forum sponsor that offers up to 20%? off with coupon code JLWRANGLERFORUM

Another option is discount tire direct. They price match and run $100 off flash sales pretty often. I recently got an email about one.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The Northridge coupon doesn't work on ARB lights. :crying:
Yeah, it can be hit or miss depending on the brand. Some manufacturers, obviously including arb, already have their dealers pricing their products at the lowest price that they're willing to sell at.
Sponsored