North Carolina Dealership woes

Flamingsword

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler sport
I purchased my 20 JLU sport from leith Jeep in Raleigh earlier this year. Since then I have had nothing but bad experiences with them and think it’s time to change dealers. Nothing has been over the top but every time I go it is something.
-When I purchased the Jeep I asked for the 500$ first responders discount as I work I. Corrections and was eligible. I was told that I am not eligible and they would not try to put it through. When I later checked the FCA website corrections is listed under that discount.
-The first heavy rain after purchasing and there was a good sized water leak coming from the freedom panels. I called and they saw me the next day. They gave me a grand Cherokee as a loner car that was filthy. The shifter and steering wheel had something sticky all over them and the vehicle had an odd smell in it. The next day I came back and picked up my Jeep that had been fixed. About a week later when I went to remove the freedom panels there was a massive glob of a Vaseline like substance on the panel. I took the Jeep back to ask if that was how they fixed it and to have them clean up their work. They said it was Vaseline that the vendor used and that they could not wipe it off and that I should not either until the vendor came back to look at it. I could make an appointment for that. I asked if I could speak to a manager and they said no one would be back until Monday (it was Saturday) and just dismissed me. I went home and filled out the dealer review survey that I had not done yet and got a call Monday morning apologizing. They sent the vendor out to me to fix it on my next day off which was Wednesday. He wiped it off and told me it was hydroelectric gel.
- a couple months later I had my ESS light coming on occasionally so I took it in. While I was there I mentioned the steering TSB and wind noise from the windshield. They flashed the Jeep and said it idled low a few times and that probably caused the warning light. They put me in line for the TSB and ordered the kit to fix the windshield. I told them it was fine we could just wait and do both at the same time When the parts came in in 2 months.
- I took it in for an oil change about a month later. I have plasti dipped the wheels and lugs black. I did not expect the to survive the tire rotation without getting scuffed which they did not. But when they brought the Jeep out to me nothing was said about it happening. When I got home I saw that all of the lugs were scratched pretty badly. I am not mad that it happened and would never try to hold them responsible but in what world do you work on a car and when you damage anything. It I for the owner that it was done.
-Last week I got a call that the steering box was in and I needed to setup an appointment. I took it to the dealer on my next day off and they gave me a wrangler as a loaner and I was happy. They worked with me on the pick up schedule as it was going to be a couple days for them to finish everything. I thought well they might be pretty good and I have just had a few bad experiences. I also mentioned that the ESS light had come on again once more in the last month. I went to pick it up on a Monday and they said everything was done. The wind noise was reduced as much as it can be. The steering box was in and the ESS warning light coming on occasionally when I crank it and staying on until I restart the car was normal even though they did attempt to fix it once before. When I start driving home I see that the steering wheel is not straight. I call back up there and they tell me to bring it in the next day and they will straighten it. When I go back up I speak to the service manager about how something has gone wrong every time I visit them and he apologizes. After waiting an hour for them to fix it he says they will fill up my Jeep with gas to try and make up for all of the small issues as I told him I was probably going to get everything else done at another dealer at this point. I thanked him and was reconsidering changing dealers at this point. They pull my Jeep into the area where they put the finished vehicles that are being picked up. Then it sits there for 25 minutes until I finally have to ask someone what is going on and they they panic and rush to get someone to go out the gas in it. You would think if they are doing something to try to retain a customer they would of not shown me my Jeep sitting there for almost half an hour while I waste my last day off sitting at the dealership for them to fix what they did wrong in the first place.
- I called to speak with the manager after returning home and he apologized for the incident and asked it there was anything they can do after I explained all my experiences to him. He then said that none of the issues I had were that big of a deal.He was extremely courteous but I just don’t have faith in that dealer anymore.
With all being said and done they are very courteous and rarely ever rude but when there is an issue every time I go to the dealer I don’t think I need to continue bringing them my business.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
what dealer?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Yeah those guys suck. They all kind of do though.

Sponsored

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Hendrick Jeep in Fayetteville has been awesome for me. Just ordered my second JL from them.

OP
OP
Flamingsword

Flamingsword

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler sport
Hendrick Jeep in Fayetteville has been awesome for me. Just ordered my second JL from them.
I would prefer to be closer to the triangle. I’m in Wake Forest and that would be an hour and a half drive.

mtu1293

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2016 WK2 75th addt, 2014 Ram 2500, 46 CJ2A, 60s CJ6
Be thankful they didn't get in an accident with your Jeep. Different dealer, I had my Jeep in for warranty work. On the test drive after repairs, the tech rear ended someone. No real damage to my Jeep, besides the fact now it had a collision on the Carfax report forever.

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Wake Forest gives you: 3 Leith stores (Raleigh, Rolesville and Auto Park in Cary) and Westgate.

Maybe try Westgate? I spoke to them when buying my first JL and never heard back, not even a price quote.

OP
OP
Flamingsword

Flamingsword

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler sport
Be thankful they didn't get in an accident with your Jeep. Different dealer, I had my Jeep in for warranty work. On the test drive after repairs, the tech rear ended someone. No real damage to my Jeep, besides the fact now it had a collision on the Carfax report forever.
Oh man that sucks. I can only imagine how mad I would of been.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Any opinions on who I should try next?
A lot of guys use Westgate. I'm not saying they are great or anything. I use Sport Durst because they are closest to me. They aren't anything special either.

OP
OP
Flamingsword

Flamingsword

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler sport
A lot of guys use Westgate. I'm not saying they are great or anything. I use Sport Durst because they are closest to me. They aren't anything special either.
I’ll give Westgate a try next. They are the next closest to me. Hopefully they will be better.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Had a great buying experience at Westgate and the service department has been okay so far. My only gripe so far is the steering box TSB. While I understand the limitations on ordering initially, I was informed that ordering has opened up (around Thanksgiving) and it’s been radio silent to date still.

Fatboy97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
I purchased my 20 JLU sport from leith Jeep in Raleigh earlier this year. Since then I have had nothing but bad experiences with them and think it’s time to change dealers. Nothing has been over the top but every time I go it is something.
-When I purchased the Jeep I asked for the 500$ first responders discount as I work I. Corrections and was eligible. I was told that I am not eligible and they would not try to put it through. When I later checked the FCA website corrections is listed under that discount.
-The first heavy rain after purchasing and there was a good sized water leak coming from the freedom panels. I called and they saw me the next day. They gave me a grand Cherokee as a loner car that was filthy. The shifter and steering wheel had something sticky all over them and the vehicle had an odd smell in it. The next day I came back and picked up my Jeep that had been fixed. About a week later when I went to remove the freedom panels there was a massive glob of a Vaseline like substance on the panel. I took the Jeep back to ask if that was how they fixed it and to have them clean up their work. They said it was Vaseline that the vendor used and that they could not wipe it off and that I should not either until the vendor came back to look at it. I could make an appointment for that. I asked if I could speak to a manager and they said no one would be back until Monday (it was Saturday) and just dismissed me. I went home and filled out the dealer review survey that I had not done yet and got a call Monday morning apologizing. They sent the vendor out to me to fix it on my next day off which was Wednesday. He wiped it off and told me it was hydroelectric gel.
- a couple months later I had my ESS light coming on occasionally so I took it in. While I was there I mentioned the steering TSB and wind noise from the windshield. They flashed the Jeep and said it idled low a few times and that probably caused the warning light. They put me in line for the TSB and ordered the kit to fix the windshield. I told them it was fine we could just wait and do both at the same time When the parts came in in 2 months.
- I took it in for an oil change about a month later. I have plasti dipped the wheels and lugs black. I did not expect the to survive the tire rotation without getting scuffed which they did not. But when they brought the Jeep out to me nothing was said about it happening. When I got home I saw that all of the lugs were scratched pretty badly. I am not mad that it happened and would never try to hold them responsible but in what world do you work on a car and when you damage anything. It I for the owner that it was done.
-Last week I got a call that the steering box was in and I needed to setup an appointment. I took it to the dealer on my next day off and they gave me a wrangler as a loaner and I was happy. They worked with me on the pick up schedule as it was going to be a couple days for them to finish everything. I thought well they might be pretty good and I have just had a few bad experiences. I also mentioned that the ESS light had come on again once more in the last month. I went to pick it up on a Monday and they said everything was done. The wind noise was reduced as much as it can be. The steering box was in and the ESS warning light coming on occasionally when I crank it and staying on until I restart the car was normal even though they did attempt to fix it once before. When I start driving home I see that the steering wheel is not straight. I call back up there and they tell me to bring it in the next day and they will straighten it. When I go back up I speak to the service manager about how something has gone wrong every time I visit them and he apologizes. After waiting an hour for them to fix it he says they will fill up my Jeep with gas to try and make up for all of the small issues as I told him I was probably going to get everything else done at another dealer at this point. I thanked him and was reconsidering changing dealers at this point. They pull my Jeep into the area where they put the finished vehicles that are being picked up. Then it sits there for 25 minutes until I finally have to ask someone what is going on and they they panic and rush to get someone to go out the gas in it. You would think if they are doing something to try to retain a customer they would of not shown me my Jeep sitting there for almost half an hour while I waste my last day off sitting at the dealership for them to fix what they did wrong in the first place.
- I called to speak with the manager after returning home and he apologized for the incident and asked it there was anything they can do after I explained all my experiences to him. He then said that none of the issues I had were that big of a deal.He was extremely courteous but I just don’t have faith in that dealer anymore.
With all being said and done they are very courteous and rarely ever rude but when there is an issue every time I go to the dealer I don’t think I need to continue bringing them my business.
I have never been able to buy any vehicle from Leith. Always way to expensive. However Leith service in Cary took care of my steering box replacement and leaking windshield. They also gave me a loaner car. Give Brittany in the service department a call, she was great with my JL. Leith Porsche in Cary also took care of my 911 and always went beyond my expectations, however I still wasn’t able to buy the 911 from them either. Definitely stay away from Leith Raleigh and don‘t go anywhere near capital CJD.

jackgraves7

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Only have great things to say from Autopark Jeep in Apex/Cary. Always excellent service and always put me in a loaner no questions asked. They also expedited my steering TSB so that I was one of the first in the country to get it when it first came out.
Sponsored