Dealership waited 2 1/2 week to place my order

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, but he should've been told that when he said he wanted to order, or when they found out they had to "wait", they should've called him and said it will be another 2 weeks, does he still want to proceed with the order. And $3200 deposit is ridiculous anyways...
I agree ...but we all know salesmen and dealerships can be/are shady.
I hope with my recent purchase I'm forever out of the game of auto purchasing... 😀
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I contacted Jeep. They’re still collecting parts.

I’ve been told Stripper JL Sports are low priority on the build list.
That sounds odd. Do you have any additional clarity on that comment?

I asked about my place in line on the day my vehicle order was entered into the FCA system. The Sales Mgr replied that it's exactly that: a place in line that is determined by the order entry date, which in turn is determined by the day (and my willingness) to give the dealer a $500.00 deposit check. Done and done.

More to the point, I'd wager that modestly equipped Sport and even Willys trims would breeze through the production process -- as mine surely did -- simply because they're not waiting on upgraded axles, heated seats and other specialized inventory.

Said differently: there's any number of thread posts on this forum where soon-to-be Wrangler owners complain about their build status being stuck in whatever category represents Waiting on Parts.