Dealership waited 2 1/2 week to place my order

Stac0608

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 2 door Sport
I’m super angry. I gave my dealership $3200. Ordered the JL 2 door sport on May 24. Found out today the dealership waited till June 11th to order the Jeep. Contacted Jeep through the chat. No ETA or when it will go through production. I’m ready to cancel for a low mileage two year old JL. The salesman told me he put through the order that day. Total Bull.
Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
$3200 seems crazy to me.

You didn't go get the VIN from them a day or two after the order, huh?

I'd cancel if you can get the cash back and place the order at a different dealer.

VAJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I’m super angry. I gave my dealership $3200. Ordered the JL 2 door sport on May 24. Found out today the dealership waited till June 11th to order the Jeep. Contacted Jeep through the chat. No ETA or when it will go through production. I’m ready to cancel for a low mileage two year old JL. The salesman told me he put through the order that day. Total Bull.
Isn’t that a breach of trust or something, they set on your money for 2+ weeks!!

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
Should have been a red flag when you didn’t get a vehicle order number within a day.

Got my von Monday this week, got the vin from keep chat today.

I doubt the dealer will refund your $ at this point, but certainly an opportunity to push for additional maintenance(oil changes, etc) or a credit for parts.

Renting a vehicle for 2.5 weeks would easily be $500 on the low end- I’d use that as my target compensation.

OP
OP

Stac0608

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$3200 seems crazy to me.

You didn't go get the VIN from them a day or two after the order, huh?

I'd cancel if you can get the cash back and place the order at a different dealer.
He gave me the vin a week ago. People on the board were saying they got their vin in two or three days. So I used Jeep Chat. They told me the order wasn’t placed until 6/11.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Stac0608

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Should have been a red flag when you didn’t get a vehicle order number within a day.

Got my von Monday this week, got the vin from keep chat today.

I doubt the dealer will refund your $ at this point, but certainly an opportunity to push for additional maintenance(oil changes, etc) or a credit for parts.

Renting a vehicle for 2.5 weeks would easily be $500 on the low end- I’d use that as my target compensation.
He better give me every damn penny back.

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
He better give me every damn penny back.
All the best on an amicable resolution.

All depends on the terms and conditions- on the two jeeps I’ve purchased there was nothing in the terms about cancelling if the order was not placed within a specified time.

Trainman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Willys 2dr
Dealers have allotments and in many cases they can just not send orders in and yours will be next in line, or somewhere down the line. When I ordered my 2017 Willys the sales manger looked at his allotment sheet to see if he had a opening for the Jeep model I wanted and he could order it. He did and the order got placed, I received my new Willys in 23 days after the order went in. All being said, dealers are only ordering what they have allotments for and this could be the reason the dealer had to wait till he had an opening to order your Jeep. Now I admit that the dealer should have told you about this if that was the problem and $2300 deposit it way out of line in todays world, $500 is what I have paid in the past. This is not uncommon as assembly plants can only build so many Wranglers and every dealer has been given a percentage on what there last years sales were, so all being said, they can not order all the Jeep they want and get them, it doesn't work that way. I feel the dealership Knew that they could not order at that time and they should have told you when the could and not play games.

trainman

Sponsored

OP
OP

Stac0608

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the best on an amicable resolution.

All depends on the terms and conditions- on the two jeeps I’ve purchased there was nothing in the terms about cancelling if the order was not placed within a specified time.
He told me he placed the order that day. Even said I’d have it the third week of July, maybe earlier. Pack of lies.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
That's bullshit - talk to the owner/manager and see what they say, and depending on that pull the order and report them to the BBB

OP
OP

Stac0608

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealers have allotments and in many cases they can just not send orders in and yours will be next in line, or somewhere down the line. When I ordered my 2017 Willys the sales manger looked at his allotment sheet to see if he had a opening for the Jeep model I wanted and he could order it. He did and the order got placed, I received my new Willys in 23 days after the order went in. All being said, dealers are only ordering what they have allotments for and this could be the reason the dealer had to wait till he had an opening to order your Jeep. Now I admit that the dealer should have told you about this if that was the problem and $2300 deposit it way out of line in todays world, $500 is what I have paid in the past. This is not uncommon as assembly plants can only build so many Wranglers and every dealer has been given a percentage on what there last years sales were, so all being said, they can not order all the Jeep they want and get them, it doesn't work that way. I feel the dealership Knew that they could not order at that time and they should have told you when the could and not play games.

trainman
Except he told me he ordered the Jeep the day I gave him the deposit. That was 38 days ago. I got a big nothing.