blueweb

blueweb

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 TJ Rubicon, '22 4xe Rubicon
Absolutely do not re-order through that dealer. That's a sucker move. They sold your order on you and made a few quick extra bucks, at the expense of a waiting customer. To hell with them, they made it clear that they're just money grabbers and don't see any value in treating customers fairly. There will be more of that crap where that came from. Pretend they don't exist.

I'm sorry if it's inconvenient for you, I'm sure it sucks. But it would be really dumb to continue doing business with them.
I agree with you. It is such a dirty move. The sad part is that when I first approach them about inquire the Jeep, the salesman seems so nice, respectful, and trustworthy; coming from a California dealership (that means a lot). So I put my faith in them, but they let me down. I somewhat believe that it is a mistake, whoever sold it must have not realized that there was a deposit on it. But instead of owning up to their mistake, they are lying through their teeth and covering it up like it is no big deal.
Sponsored

OP
OP
blueweb

blueweb

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, uh, what’s preventing this dealership from selling your next vehicle before you can accept delivery?

I get the desire to get the lowest price possible, but you also have to factor in your time and your opportunity loss. How many headaches are you willling to endure for a vehicle at MSRP, if there’s no guarantee it will even be there once you’ve put a deposit down?

Pick another dealer. Honesty matters.
I mean I do see a lot of people on here that have a customer-built order, I never see anyone complaining about the dealership selling their custom build orders. But who knows.

Screw that dealership. I'll get my money back tomorrow and hopefully find a better deal somewhere else.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Jeep Wrangler JL Dealership sold my 4xe without telling me burn-it-all-43aac766c5

That's some bullshit right there, if you could prove they sold a Jeep you ordered, they broke a contract with you. But unfortunately lawyers are expensive and these kinds of businesses already have one on speed dial if not in the back eating doughnuts.

Overwatch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR, Sarge Green 392
Good news for you, but I lost some money. 😁. I saw three items on the car fax for my new, soon to be delivered to me, 392. Framed me out based on your story and bought the car fax. Turns out the three items are initial inspection, odometer reading, and arriving from factory. That’s all.

Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I agree with you. It is such a dirty move. The sad part is that when I first approach them about inquire the Jeep, the salesman seems so nice, respectful, and trustworthy; coming from a California dealership (that means a lot). So I put my faith in them, but they let me down. I somewhat believe that it is a mistake, whoever sold it must have not realized that there was a deposit on it. But instead of owning up to their mistake, they are lying through their teeth and covering it up like it is no big deal.
When you order a Jeep the window sticker HAS YOUR NAME ON IT.
They were either dishonest or incompetent. Take your pick but the end result is the same. Go somewhere else.

WhtRubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
I put down a security deposit onto a 4xe that was a dealership order on 11/12. The vehicle was in transit during that time. I called the dealership periodically to see when it will arrive. On 10/26, they told me it will arrive next week. The week came and passed, I called last Friday 10/29 about the whereabouts of the 4xe. My salesman said it was delayed and they do not know when it will arrive; which is all fine by me. But on Sunday 10/31, I saw that the dealership removed the website listing of the 4xe, and it was marked as sold. I was like, they probably did this because there were too many people contacting the dealership acquiring about the 4xe. On Tuesday 11/2, I saw on the Jeep website that the 4xe switched from being 'in transit' to 'on dealer lot'. I thought that the dealership would call on me soon saying that they received it; they never did. And then I saw that the dealer 4xe build was taken down on Jeep's website from the search inventory section completely. I waited a little bit more, but then I checked the CarFax saw records that shouldn't be there yet. So I called my salesman from the dealership today 11/4, he said he will call me back, he never did. I tried contacting the dealership's General Manager about this matter instead, but he was such an airhead about the situation and told me he will get someone else to look into this. Then two hours later, a different salesman called me and told me that the 4xe I put a security deposit down was super delayed and has no ETA. Their solution was that I should put in my own customer order of a 4xe and the new order will arrive sooner than my previous dealer order 4xe. When I asked them if they sold it yet, they are saying no.

With all of the information taken entirely down from the internet about the Jeep, the biggest reason why I believe that the dealership sold the 4xe is based on the CarFax. Without me paying for the full amount for the CarFax, I am still able to see that there is already been 3 records listed on the 4xe's VIN CarFax, and the only record I can physically see is the Pre-delivery inspection completed on 10/28 by the dealership. There should be no way that the CarFax has already have records of anything if the 4xe is still delayed in transit to the dealership; other than the window sticker.

The weirdest thing about all of this is an email that I received from the dealership today. They forwarded an email to me from Stellantis stating:

View attachment 530718

I do not know why the dealership would send me this, but I guess it is interesting to see that Stellantis keeps track of the customer's browser history.

But anyway, I am going to order a new 4xe tomorrow from the same dealership because they are still the only dealership I found in Southern California that is doing MSRP (nothing lower or higher) during today's crazy market. But if anyone has a recommendation of a different dealership to order from, please let me know. I will be willing to go out of state at this point. The only good thing that is coming from all of this is that I order 2022 instead of 2021.

To the person who might have the 4xe that is in question, congratulations on your purchase!

Missing: Have you seen this Jeep? It is lost.
View attachment 530723
1) Get your deposit back!

2) Go to Rob Trachtman at Tuttle Click in Irvine. He'll get you the best deal he can and be completely honest and transparent with you.

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
When you order a Jeep the window sticker HAS YOUR NAME ON IT.
I noticed that when I got mine. Thought it was pretty cool!

OP
OP
blueweb

blueweb

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good news for you, but I lost some money. 😁. I saw three items on the car fax for my new, soon to be delivered to me, 392. Framed me out based on your story and bought the car fax. Turns out the three items are initial inspection, odometer reading, and arriving from factory. That’s all.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing this cause that is what I’m also thinking too. The dealership could be the right, if the CarFax facts that I am is pulling the wrong information. I have been debating rather to fully run it and see what it is truly says before framing and writing a nasty review of the dealership.

It still doesn’t explain why the dealership is saying that somehow custom building my own order will show up faster than this dealer order that is supposedly already on the way.

For anyone who is wondering how I am seeing some of the CarFax of the 4xe without paying for it entirely is that by making a CarFax account. They give you ability to add up to 6 cars into the their ‘garage.’ It doesn’t show you the fully report, only the digital service history records. I know it is accurate cause I have my previous vehicles are in it, and they are all up to date.

Sponsored

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
Sadly, when I saw the dealership name, I thought go figure... Mostly all the central coast dealerships are garbage. I haven't used that dealership in particular because I can find what I need a little closer, but they're all the same in the general area. I only tolerate it because I can use the company code for the big 3 to get a discount and there are rules they have to play by. But anymore I just order and wait.. for the cost of vehicles now a days, I prefer to order and get exactly what I want over settling for the ones they order for the lot. It tends to generally be all the extras you don't want anyways. I wouldn't be opposed to traveling to get the vehicle I want or need, if it so happens to be else where or your preferred dealership can do a transfer. Sorry they did you dirty like that. Some people are scum bags. I had a dealership do something similar but very different in Vegas, I told them to pound sand and walked. Get your deposit back though and spend your money elsewhere. They don't deserve it.

Slumpbuster

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4xe Rubicon
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
I am working on dealers in SoCal.

Try Karla at Rydell 818-493-6310

She told me anything there or in transit was 2k over msrp but a custom order would be at invoice.

TallDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR-XR
Just find a dealer that will do 5% below invoice and have it shipped. Or try Costco pricing or something. That got me 1.5% below invoice with no hassle.

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
@blueweb i second Rydell. I paid below invoice for my Sahara 4xe. I spoke with practically every dealer in SoCal and they were by far the lower price and the easiest to work with. My sales guy was Juan Carrillo, at least two other 4xe owners on this forum went through him with the same experience I had.
Sponsored