Dealership Service Departments and AUX Switches

Dalma

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon - Bikini Pearl
I'm in the process of buying a new Jeep and was quoted 600 Canadian to do the install, I'll be doing it myself and then returning to have them update the software.
Sponsored

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
I only read the main post as I'm running out of time to browse the forums before work, but I had to respond. I made a long detailed response somewhere once on a thread about this same subject already.

The not so short version again, lol.. I did not order the tow package. I had the dealership install the aux switch bank. There was one mistake.. Someone forgot to order the part. They were very apologetic and had it overnighted. When it arrived the next day, install took the whole day and while they said they would get it done by the end of the day, I told them to take their time and I'd pick it up the next day. It is not an easy install from what I am aware of.

They did a great job though. It's been at least 4 months since it's been done. I have 3 of the aux switches wired up and working properly. While it was more expensive going through the dealership, despite the one mishap, it was less of a hassle than having someone else try to do it (I couldn't do it myself) and still needing to bring it up to the dealership to get flashed so it works properly anyways. If you're confident in your dealership, let them do it. I was confident in mine, and they did it right.