Sponsored

Dealership Pushing Add-Ons?

TheOneandOnly99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruze
Went to the dealership to get a quote on a Jeep, and they said the MOPAR all-weather floor mats and MOPAR hardtop headliner are required with the purchase. I don't think this is the case, and they are just trying to get more money from me. Thoughts on this?
Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
No those aren't required with the purchase. If your ordering, you can omit them. Some dealers add accessories to every car they stock, so if you're buying off the lot it may have those accessories on the window sticker already.

Jeeprider99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Wrangler Sport S
That's what I thought. Off to a different dealership.

IrshPats

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Sarge Green
Went to the dealership to get a quote on a Jeep, and they said the MOPAR all-weather floor mats and MOPAR hardtop headliner are required with the purchase. I don't think this is the case, and they are just trying to get more money from me. Thoughts on this?
I was building my Sahara and the sales man had his screen so I could see it as he entered everything and they had a warning when they added one item. It said it had to have the same floor mats also. He tried to take them off But it kept given an error. Interesting!

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Not required. When you asked, did he say "let me go talk to my manager"?

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Interesting, I had one dealer on the forum mention that some things are being required by Jeep for new orders, outside of dealer's control, and that they are changing the up all the time. One example given was proximity entry at one point.
Sponsored