Sponsored

Dealership not releasing my delivered order...

Youssefb08

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang (6 speed)
So it seems, via JEEP CHAT that my order arrived at the dealership on the 22nd (almost a week ago to this day); despite this, I tried to pick it up on Monday and they swore it just arrived and wouldn't be ready til Wednesday. Then I tried to pick it up today and they told me they have to wait for the bank to release some paperwork and the car can't be ready until tomorrow. I don't know what to believe or do anymore as this is beyond stressful to me. The dealership in question is Manhattan Jeep.

IMG_20180328_132651.jpg
Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
So it seems, via JEEP CHAT that my order arrived at the dealership on the 22nd (almost a week ago to this day); despite this, I tried to pick it up on Monday and they swore it just arrived and wouldn't be ready til Wednesday. Then I tried to pick it up today and they told me they have to wait for the bank to release some paperwork and the car can't be ready until tomorrow. I don't know what to believe or do anymore as this is beyond stressful to me. The dealership in question is Manhattan Jeep.

IMG_20180328_132651.jpg
What is your salesman saying?

Yellow109r

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLUR, Bright White
Occupation
Aircraft Industrial Engineer for the DoD
Vehicle Showcase
Wow

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
That's Nuts! I wonder if they are trying to back out of the deal.

Blood Type J+

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 TJ Sport 6-cyl
Sounds like they may be having personnel or financial issues of their own. I'm with @Smarrtazz, no one will be more interested in seeing the deal close than sales - see what your salesperson or the sales manager has to say.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Youssefb08

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang (6 speed)
Just an update...

MY NIGHTMARE CONTINUES!!!

My jeep has been at the dealership for over a week now. I finally went there after basically being ignored to figure out what the hell was going on. The dealership is being sued by several banks, including Ally(bankruptcy?), and cannot release any of the cars. I am in contact with Jeep trying to figure out what the heck to do. This is the worst car buying experience of my entire life @JeepCares. The manager doesn't know when this issue will be resolved. I did get to "see" the car sitting sadly on the lot yesterday. I am miserable!!!!

Last edited:

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Just an update...

My jeep has been at the dealership for over a week now. I finally went there after basically being ignored to figure out what the hell was going on. The dealership is being sued by several banks, including Ally(bankruptcy?), and cannot release any of the cars. I am in contact with Jeep trying to figure out what the heck to do. This is the worst car buying experience of my entire life @JeepCares. The manager doesn't know when this issue will be resolved. I did get to "see" the car sitting sadly on the lot yesterday. I am miserable!!!!
WTH! Maybe @JLWF Dealer Guy will have some insight?

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
About 25 years ago (sigh) I made the then-biggest purchase of my life: I ordered a PC via Computer Shopper (magazine, for those old enough to remember when it was as thick as a phone book).

I waited, and waited, and called, and called, and eventually the phone went dead. Not encouraging.

I finally found out that the manager had skipped town with the money from all their orders, including mine. The owner paid me back my money, thankfully, but definitely not a happy experience. (I had been foolish enough to use a debit card, not a credit card, and there wasn't much protection on those back in the day.)

Anyway, pointless aside aside, good luck. That's absolutely awful, and I hope you find some resolution soon.

agordon117

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR HellaYella
Just an update...

Wow, I can't even imagine. All of the bullcrap I've seen everyone on the forums go through, this takes the cake. Your Jeep is built, shipped, and sitting on the dealer lot. But it's being held hostage over legal issues that have nothing to do with you. Unbelievable. I hope it works out and you get your Jeep soon rather than having to order another one over this crap. Best of luck.

Malve

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU, 2012 QX56
Occupation
CEO
Truly blows chunks. Good luck.

Sponsored

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
Yes, your situation sucks, but don’t take it personally - it’s just business.

Unless you have paid for the Jeep, at the moment you are only out all the emotional investment, time spent, and deposit ( if any ). If you put a deposit down using a credit card, contact them and see what your options are. If you wrote a check, contact your bank - you will probably have to get in line with other creditors.

Your choice is now, do you start over? Or work to salvage this “almost” purchase. Also consider, as ugly as this is for you, the people working at the dealership are in an even worse situation.

For me, if it is not going to be resolved in the next week or so, I would go and buy elsewhere. Chances are there is another one sitting on a lot right now ( somewhere ) exactly what you wanted.

Good luck

cedxc2005

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JL Sport S (Gabrielle)
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Just an update...

Wow, glad I didn't go there...was going to be on the list too.

Sorry about your troubles, OP. Maybe FCA can step in...no reason a sold order should be withheld like this...

ckorte13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Loaded
Just an update...

Oh wow. That stinks!! How do you feel about walking away, and starting over at a new dealership? I would have a major trust issue making payments to them knowing what you know now. Think about it. What if the banks pull out from them... bad deal.. Hear about it too often, either banks closing, or dealerships going under new management. I would question.. why are they being sued.. Be careful. So sorry for all this anxiety. You will get your Jeep. Good luck.

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Subaru Outback, 2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Owner of a Mobile Auto Paint Touch Up Co.
OP, any update on this terrible situation? I hope you got your sweet new Jeep! Please keep us updated.