FatBoy01

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Or how about being reasonable with the sales people and the dealership. They are like any other business, they have to make a profit to exist. Build a relationship with your dealership and they will take care of you.

Be positive and find a price that works for both sides. Don't use the survey as a threat to get more stuff, use it as an indicator of the service you receive. If the radio doesn't work or something is missing from the factory don't ding the salesman or the dealership. I try to be friends with everyone I deal with. When you do this you will be surprised how people will bend over backwards to make you happy.

It's a small world. People know you by your actions. Be the person you want to be around

How about a special thanks to the JLWF Dealer Guy. Took a lot of time to answer all of our questions.

Nowhere in this thread did I say draw your weapon and start firing randomly and for no good reason.

The point I was trying to make is you are to be polite, cordial, friendly and such, as you mention.... BUT demand what you pay for and if you don't get that from the GM or owner...then ...

Dealerships are not your friend, so if absolutely necessary use every weapon in your arsenal to get what you paid for.

I might mention that most vehicle buyer's, if they are smart shop, around. Long gone are the days of going to your local dealership and playing footsey with the sales department, etc.. Wise buyer will shop all dealerships in say a few hundred miles radius and get the best deal in regard to new vehicle and any trade, etc.. The only relationship with said dealer will probably be buying the vehicle from them and no more. A one time visit.

Also, if you completely read my original post, in bold blue text, that if a dealer, etc. does you right, is square with you that you lets say, pound the drum positively for them.

Yes, I too greatly appreciate JLWF Dealer Guy being here, answering queries and such.

Also, as far as my local Jeep Service Department... I do mind my p's and q's and do play a little footsey. Even then, occasionally, one has to demand for what is right, etc..

In closing, when I am out buying a vehicle I am out for me and me only. If I have to be a squeaky wheel in the process I will be. If I feel I am done right, I am the first to pound the drum in a positive manner.

I'm not one of those that only speaks up / spews negatively when something is a muck. I am also the guy that regularly gives spontaneous, verbal and written that-a-boy's to an employee and his boss about him/her.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tribefan8

First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, Tahoe,accord, 2 Honda civics
I have a question for someone in the sales at any dealership. My dealership put my order as sold on 1-31-18, when my jeep wasn’t delivered until 2-16-18. I ordered my jeep on 11-11-17. I complained I was very unhappy about it & all the paperwork I signed on 2-17-18 was dated 1-31-18. This is very unethical & against the law! I questioned the manager & he told me oh well we do this all the time get over it or leave. The bad part is I traded my Tahoe in November so they had me by the balls. What would you guys do now? I have a friend who is an attorney that said they broke 3 major laws about car purchases & the ethical part alone makes me mad

Butterybunz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2017 Ford Fiesta ST & Fiat 500x Trekking Plus
Does only the Rubicon get a fuel door?

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
I have a question for someone in the sales at any dealership. My dealership put my order as sold on 1-31-18, when my jeep wasn’t delivered until 2-16-18. I ordered my jeep on 11-11-17. I complained I was very unhappy about it & all the paperwork I signed on 2-17-18 was dated 1-31-18. This is very unethical & against the law! I questioned the manager & he told me oh well we do this all the time get over it or leave. The bad part is I traded my Tahoe in November so they had me by the balls. What would you guys do now? I have a friend who is an attorney that said they broke 3 major laws about car purchases & the ethical part alone makes me mad
Not an ethical dealership or they have zero idea how the rdr system works. Either way. Did it affect you in anyway? That’s the question.

Sponsored

Tribefan8

First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, Tahoe,accord, 2 Honda civics
Not an ethical dealership or they have zero idea how the rdr system works. Either way. Did it affect you in anyway? That’s the question.
It did! I was gonna walk away from the deal & they told me I couldn’t get my $18K back for a few days. Warranty and Sirius started from the 1-31-18 purchase date, I was gonna go to another dealership and purchase another jeep cheaper than what I hit from them

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
It did! I was gonna walk away from the deal & they told me I couldn’t get my $18K back for a few days. Warranty and Sirius started from the 1-31-18 purchase date, I was gonna go to another dealership and purchase another jeep cheaper than what I hit from them
You have a complaint. They did that because they took credit through Chrysler for it in January. They didn’t have to back date your paperwork to do that. Shame on them. That affect Les Your in service date and does shorten your warranty. Although slightly, not something them should have done. Not sure if you want to pursue it but you could.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Even if the server was great? I have the same argument here. They make like $2 an hour.
I believe making certain that kudos goes to the correct people seems like a no brainer, right? If someone has performed poorly, THAT person should be on the receiving end of whatever displeasure awaits them. Me thinks strange logic is afoot. :please: @JLWF Dealer Guy :)

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
I believe making certain that kudos goes to the correct people seems like a no brainer, right? If someone has performed poorly, THAT person should be on the receiving end of whatever displeasure awaits them. Me thinks strange logic is afoot. :please: @JLWF Dealer Guy :)
:involve:

Sponsored

Rambeaux

First Name
John J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Willys JKU
Occupation
Aircraft Doctor
Or how about being reasonable with the sales people and the dealership. They are like any other business, they have to make a profit to exist. Build a relationship with your dealership and they will take care of you.

Be positive and find a price that works for both sides. Don't use the survey as a threat to get more stuff, use it as an indicator of the service you receive. If the radio doesn't work or something is missing from the factory don't ding the salesman or the dealership. I try to be friends with everyone I deal with. When you do this you will be surprised how people will bend over backwards to make you happy.

It's a small world. People know you by your actions. Be the person you want to be around

How about a special thanks to the JLWF Dealer Guy. Took a lot of time to answer all of our questions.
I'd love to believe that what you just described is real life but, that's not the world I've seen. Every time I've bought a new vehicle I get the feeling I'm trying to defend my bank account from pirates.

This time might be different though. I've talked to a pretty cool salesdude and told him my plans. Maybe my JLUR purchase will go better.

Last edited:

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Not to be a jerk, but I've bought a lot of cars in my life and I've never seen that be the case with dealerships handling domestic vehicles.

HotSpringsJL

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL base sport
I'd love to believe that what you just described is real life but, that's not the world I've seen. Every time I've bought a new vehicle I get the feeling I'm trying to defend my bank account from pirates.

This time might be different though. I've talked to a pretty cool salesdude and told him my plans. Maybe my JLUR purchase will go better.

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
I used to sell cars years ago (nissan and then mazda) and I can confirm that sales person is the one who gets directly effected by survey, because of that I always leave perfect survey.

HotSpringsJL

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL base sport

I am not saying you should make a bad financial deal because you are trying to be nice. I went to the closest dealer and they were trying to sell the JL for “market price” of 3000 over MRSP. I could have been rude to the salesman, but I just simply walked out went to the next dealership.

The next dealers were straight shooters. Offered me invoice minus 1 percent on three base JL jeeps. They offered me lower than blue book on my trades and I simply waited them out till they went up to the blue book price. Now I could have shoppped that deal and maybe got a bit lower, but I appreciated how they were reasonable.

My whole point is that your real power is you are the buyer. So many people complain how miserable it is to buy a car, but enter the process in negative way.

Find a knowledgeable sales person who’s not trying to sell you a jk. Know exactly what you want and know what the price should be.

This is not directed to any individual on the forum.

The world just seems so angry. We are all fighting each other to get a little more and in the end we will have more stuff but at what cost.

Please don’t blast me for this post, just my thoughts Thanks, Cliff
Sponsored