Sponsored

Dealership in California has a Rubicon price mark-up of $16,000!!!

Hypermac954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ferrari GTC4Lusso, 2018 Ferrari California T, 2016 Viper ACR-E, 2018 JLUR
Wow. I mean, I was expecting $5k from some dealers, but that's hilarious. Then again, people were paying $800k over sticker for 911R's when they first came out too, but those were actually limited.

And now people are paying $150k over for GT2RS slots... and were paying $100k over sticker for GT3RS which were not limited -- 6500 were built in a single MY.

Tooooooooooo much money around the country right now.
GT2RS is no longer limited. Porsche quietly changed it because of the insane demand - mine should be here sometime early 2019 :~)>
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
GT2RS is no longer limited. Porsche quietly changed it because of the insane demand - mine should be here sometime early 2019 :~)>
Do you mean they are no longer numbered (like 997.2 GT2 RS, 997.2 GT3 RS 4.0)? I'm pretty sure allocations are still limited to a set percentage of 911 sales (as you said, they probably quietly increased the result of that calculation). No doubt though that Porsche has been producing all GT cars in a significantly higher volume than prior generation.

Congrats btw :) That'll be a hell of a car (I'd probably wreck it!). Wish I could get my hands on a GT3 (configurable) at sticker, I'd probably jump. Pipe dream =) And still would be a difficult decision to dump the Spyder for it. At the end of the day I just don't have a long-standing relationship with an MSRP dealer, and for that reason alone, I will never end up in that position. One can wish =)

Last edited:

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X / Zynith / 3.6 Auto / SOT / XR
This is crazy. I thought this was a one-off dealership trying to rape and pillage the local consumer, but it sounds like it's rampant across the country. NUTS!

My Rubicon had a "Market Adjustment" sticker on the window showing $4,995, too. But before I even test drove the thing, I told the guy that if we are to negotiate, it would be from the MSRP and not any add-on crap. He agreed without hesitation. And to my dealers credit, we did just that, despite the fact that there were 4(!) people waiting in the showroom to see if my deal fell through...I kid you not. Now, I only got $1k off the MSRP, but they gave me exactly what I wanted for my trade. Good dealers are hard to find, but they are out there. Asking that much more for Market Adjustment is ridiculous and appalling.

The question I have is do people actually pay that? Is that Rubicon in the OP still there?

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
This is crazy. I thought this was a one-off dealership trying to rape and pillage the local consumer, but it sounds like it's rampant across the country. NUTS!

My Rubicon had a "Market Adjustment" sticker on the window showing $4,995, too. But before I even test drove the thing, I told the guy that if we are to negotiate, it would be from the MSRP and not any add-on crap. He agreed without hesitation. And to my dealers credit, we did just that, despite the fact that there were 4(!) people waiting in the showroom to see if my deal fell through...I kid you not. Now, I only got $1k off the MSRP, but they gave me exactly what I wanted for my trade. Good dealers are hard to find, but they are out there. Asking that much more for Market Adjustment is ridiculous and appalling.

The question I have is do people actually pay that? Is that Rubicon in the OP still there?
Yes, people will pay it. I think $16k is unlikely, but yeah... for those wanting it 'first' -- they might agree to pay. Dealers will try anyway.

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
I don't see a gun pointed at the person who took that picture...

Sponsored

Hypermac954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you mean they are no longer numbered (like 997.2 GT2 RS, 997.2 GT3 RS 4.0)? I'm pretty sure allocations are still limited to a set percentage of 911 sales (as you said, they probably quietly increased the result of that calculation). No doubt though that Porsche has been producing all GT cars in a significantly higher volume than prior generation.

Congrats btw :) That'll be a hell of a car (I'd probably wreck it!). Wish I could get my hands on a GT3 (configurable) at sticker, I'd probably jump. Pipe dream =) And still would be a difficult decision to dump the Spyder for it. At the end of the day I just don't have a long-standing relationship with an MSRP dealer, and for that reason alone, I will never end up in that position. One can wish =)
No, I mean that they are now going to build far more than the 500 units they originally stated. And while production will not be voluminous, if you want one, you'll eventually be able to get one from your dealer. Just in a year or two.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Some people buy vehicles solely based on their monthly payment without any thought to whether they are paying too much in the first place.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU

I wish I had that kind of money to afford such problems. :)

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
You get surprisingly little sympathy when you describe the hardships of spec'ing your Ferrari... ;)
I bet that is a really stressful day at the Ferrari dealership. I'm having trouble nailing down my option list on a base model JLU Sport! :)

Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Check this out.

South County CDJRF in Gilroy, California.

JLUR MSRP: $49,865
"High demand" mark-up: $15,999
Their deal: $65,864

:cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl:

This is worthy of some Yelp reviews, I would say.

IMG_4968.JPG

IMG_4970.JPG
:surprised:
That is f-ing crazy..dirty bastards

Hypermac954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bet that is a really stressful day at the Ferrari dealership. I'm having trouble nailing down my option list on a base model JLU Sport! :)
Worst was the ACR - they literally give you two BINDERS full of colors. I can't remember if each binder was 16K colors or 32K colors. Now pick one. Then they send you a little model of the car in that color for you to confirm. Luckily, I picked VERY well. So happy with that car.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Like somebody already said. In Cali someone will pay it. You have all seen it TLC, DIY, HGTV, etc..... 1500 sf Cali house, built in 1970, a "Fixerupper" selling for $850k and a bidding war breaks out. Meanwhile back in the South you can build a brand new custom house, 3,000 sf, 40 acres on the river for $300k. Oh ya and the couple buying the Cali house.... Ones a Yoga instructor and the other is a student. Really??? Your budget is $850k-$1mil but you might go over for the right house. Oh ya. Don't forget the $500k you're going to put into it to remodel. I don't have to understand it. Just glad I don't live out there. I'm a proud Hillbilly :)

california-be-like-summit-now-for-the-bad-news-for-25477084.png

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Like somebody already said. In Cali someone will pay it. You have all seen it TLC, DIY, HGTV, etc..... 1500 sf Cali house, built in 1970, a "Fixerupper" selling for $850k and a bidding war breaks out. Meanwhile back in the South you can build a brand new custom house, 3,000 sf, 40 acres on the river for $300k. Oh ya and the couple buying the Cali house.... Ones a Yoga instructor and the other is a student. Really??? Your budget is $850k-$1mil but you might go over for the right house. Oh ya. Don't forget the $500k you're going to put into it to remodel. I don't have to understand it. Just glad I don't live out there. I'm a proud Hillbilly :)

california-be-like-summit-now-for-the-bad-news-for-25477084.png
It’s so funny you mention that! I watch those shows (trying to update my house) and every time they mention their budget, I’m thinking-are you freaking kidding me?! You’re a part-time cashier and your husband plays with LEGOs! How do you afford this house:whatsgoingon:Not that there is anything wrong with playing with LEGOs. :cwl:
Sponsored

Last edited: