Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Alright so things got even weirder today. I received a notice from the dealership today in my mailbox that states the front seat frame they said was replaced was put in stock 2 days ago because I didnt take my Jeep in. I was told yesterday that they replaced this part.... picture attached. I am also showing pictures of the damage done to the release, notice how they broke the plastic piece...

I hope the notice is a mistake but it is weird cause my Jeep was being repaired supposedly for 2 days right before that notice was sent to me @JeepCares whats going on here?

IMG_20191018_181511669_LL.jpg

IMG_20191018_181629413.jpg

IMG_20191018_181614577_LL.jpg
Sponsored

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I took my 2019 Jeep Sport S 2 door for warranty work. The little plastic piece that is in the rail frames of the drivers seat broke the first day I had the jeep, it is a common issue with the 2-D JL. I temporarily fixed the issue by inserting the broken piece back in and took the Jeep to the dealership to get it fixed properly (biggest mistake). They told me they had to order a new frame for the seat, so I took my Jeep home and told them to give me a call when they get the new frame. They never called, so a month or so later I called them and they said they had the frame. I took my Jeep to the dealership to get the job done and it took them 2 days to "replace" the frame, which means they were struggling. When I went to get my Jeep back tonight I checked the work and it doesn't seem like they replaced anything, in fact I found a broken piece of plastic in the driver's seat rails. So I go to check the passenger seat to check if maybe they replaced that by mistake and I realized they ripped the piece that lets you roll the seat forward so that people can get in the back. What pisses me off the most is that they didn't tell me, they called me and told me the Jeep was ready. My Jeep is still in the dealership because I wont take it back until they fix what they broke, then I am taking it somewhere else to get checked.

First of all. This shows the incompetence of the service department of another FCA dealership, they're so incompetent they don't know how to take the seat off. I took a vehicle with a minor issue and they give it back to me all manhandled. Secondly, looking at the latch mechanism Jeep put on the 2 door to pull the seat forward, it is the cheapest and thinnest plastic ever, what a terrible quality piece in such an expensive vehicle. I am very pissed, I should have my Jeep and be enjoying it. If anything mechanical happens to it and I have to take it to the dealership, I would obviously not take it to this one ever again, but still, I am going to be pretty worried, because the training these guys get is mediocre at best. I don't trust this dealership and I am seriously worried about damages that they could do to my Jeep.

The dealership in question is:

Sierra Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Monrovia, California. DO NOT GO THERE, they'll break your vehicle and wont even tell you. We should honestly write down a list of BAD dealerships because it is far too common, I've seen many posts around of people having these kind of issues with Mopar service. I used to have a Patriot that had an issue with the seat belt light being on all the time. I took it about 10 times to a dealership near Boston, they could never fix it....

The give away is that the updated bottom frame rails do NOT carry the same plastic some pieces like before. ALSO they shouldn’t have even messed with anything in the release area or the back section what so ever, you can change everything over without tearing the back section apart.

OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
The give away is that the updated bottom frame rails do NOT carry the same plastic some pieces like before. ALSO they shouldn’t have even messed with anything in the release area or the back section what so ever, you can ch
The give away is that the updated bottom frame rails do NOT carry the same plastic some pieces like before. ALSO they shouldn’t have even messed with anything in the release area or the back section what so ever, you can change everything over without tearing the back section apart.
I checked the new frame rails with a flashlight and theres no plastic piece. So they must've indeed replaced it, the notice is probably bad timing and parts and serviced being out of sync. I have no clue why they messed with the passenger seat, I think they didnt know what they were doing since they told me theyve never seen a Jeep with that issue before and it took them 2 full days to fix it.

At this point this post is mostly just to warn people who live around here. Ill move on and deal with another dealership, and have a beer.

Lets enjoy our Jeeps, theyre awesome :).

Last edited:

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I actually mis read it all, I thought you were talking about the famous passenger noise when someone sits in it and then they brine the seat when fixing it. My bad, welp my turn to grab a beer also:CWL:

Sponsored

Pourboire

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
I took my 2019 Jeep Sport S 2 door for warranty work. The little plastic piece that is in the rail frames of the drivers seat broke the first day I had the jeep, it is a common issue with the 2-D JL. I temporarily fixed the issue by inserting the broken piece back in and took the Jeep to the dealership to get it fixed properly (biggest mistake). They told me they had to order a new frame for the seat, so I took my Jeep home and told them to give me a call when they get the new frame. They never called, so a month or so later I called them and they said they had the frame. I took my Jeep to the dealership to get the job done and it took them 2 days to "replace" the frame, which means they were struggling. When I went to get my Jeep back tonight I checked the work and it doesn't seem like they replaced anything, in fact I found a broken piece of plastic in the driver's seat rails. So I go to check the passenger seat to check if maybe they replaced that by mistake and I realized they ripped the piece that lets you roll the seat forward so that people can get in the back. What pisses me off the most is that they didn't tell me, they called me and told me the Jeep was ready. My Jeep is still in the dealership because I wont take it back until they fix what they broke, then I am taking it somewhere else to get checked.

First of all. This shows the incompetence of the service department of another FCA dealership, they're so incompetent they don't know how to take the seat off. I took a vehicle with a minor issue and they give it back to me all manhandled. Secondly, looking at the latch mechanism Jeep put on the 2 door to pull the seat forward, it is the cheapest and thinnest plastic ever, what a terrible quality piece in such an expensive vehicle. I am very pissed, I should have my Jeep and be enjoying it. If anything mechanical happens to it and I have to take it to the dealership, I would obviously not take it to this one ever again, but still, I am going to be pretty worried, because the training these guys get is mediocre at best. I don't trust this dealership and I am seriously worried about damages that they could do to my Jeep.

The dealership in question is:

Sierra Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Monrovia, California. DO NOT GO THERE, they'll break your vehicle and wont even tell you. We should honestly write down a list of BAD dealerships because it is far too common, I've seen many posts around of people having these kind of issues with Mopar service. I used to have a Patriot that had an issue with the seat belt light being on all the time. I took it about 10 times to a dealership near Boston, they could never fix it....

You think they have trained mechanics, think again. I won't even let them touch my JL sport. By the way, there service manager and parts department at my Arizona dealership are no better. Basically, if you want grief have them touch it. In each area FCA has a local representative who will get you and them on track, once they sell the car, they don't care and only want to claim repairs with FCA.

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
You think they have trained mechanics, think again. I won't even let them touch my JL sport. By the way, there service manager and parts department at my Arizona dealership are no better. Basically, if you want grief have them touch it. In each area FCA has a local representative who will get you and them on track, once they sell the car, they don't care and only want to claim repairs with FCA.

Lol oh geez you’re that Jeep guy

crazychile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK, 2018 Wrangler JLU
Maybe we need to start a thread about Dealers that actually do good service work. The more I read these threads the more I believe this list would be short.

OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I wish I didnt have an update fore this issue as I thought it was gone. Today,right now, my suspicions became true. The dealership DID NOT REPLACE THR FRAME. I pulled my driver seat forward to get something from the back of my Jeep and it wont go back. I am stranded 50 miles away from home and cant cant my jeep back. I called the dealership and they admitted they didnt replace the frame tracks. They didnt replace anything.

@JeepCares never contacted me back about this issue. I lost my Saturday theyre going to tow my Jeep and God knows when itll be properly fixed. What was supposed to be a nice Saturday out in the beach with my wife is now ruined, all because an incompetent Mopar dealership staff and their lies.

So yeah this issue is back to the original title. dealership did not fix a small issue and on top of that. they broke my other seat.

Also, the jeep towing system or whatever wont even take it to a dealership close by home, and I have two mountain bikes o a tire rack, how am I going to get those back home?

Jeep. Made in China.

IMG_20191026_144024168.jpg

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe we need to start a thread about Dealers that actually do good service work. The more I read these threads the more I believe this list would be short.
Capitol Jeep in Willimantic, Connecticut ROCKS

Reactions: omg

Sponsored

OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
The closest Jeep dealership told me they are closing in 10 minutes and they dont know how I am going to get back home. basically told me to fuck off not our issue. So here I am @JeepCares, stranded from a warranty issue. Where do I drop my Jeep and how do I get back home with my mountain bikes?

OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
first time in my life I have to tow a vehicle with 2500 miles.

Anyway I tried 3 different dealerships and nobody would help me get back home. Chrysler towing services were useless too. But I want to thank Cerritos chrysler dodge jeep. Professional dealership gave me an awesome treatment and let me take a 2019 sport s JLU as a loaner! saved my day.

IMG_20191026_163004633.jpg

IMG_20191026_171235488.jpg

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I wish I didnt have an update fore this issue as I thought it was gone. Today,right now, my suspicions became true. The dealership DID NOT REPLACE THR FRAME. I pulled my driver seat forward to get something from the back of my Jeep and it wont go back. I am stranded 50 miles away from home and cant cant my jeep back. I called the dealership and they admitted they didnt replace the frame tracks. They didnt replace anything.

@JeepCares never contacted me back about this issue. I lost my Saturday theyre going to tow my Jeep and God knows when itll be properly fixed. What was supposed to be a nice Saturday out in the beach with my wife is now ruined, all because an incompetent Mopar dealership staff and their lies.

So yeah this issue is back to the original title. dealership did not fix a small issue and on top of that. they broke my other seat.

Also, the jeep towing system or whatever wont even take it to a dealership close by home, and I have two mountain bikes o a tire rack, how am I going to get those back home?

Jeep. Made in China.

IMG_20191026_144024168.jpg
I am so sorry to hear about this! It looks like your case manager reached out to you on Friday. I added your messages to the case and asked them to follow up as soon as possible.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

gofastguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT
I just never fold the driver seat forward....takes far too long to get comfortable again afterwards.

OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I just never fold the driver seat forward....takes far too long to get comfortable again afterwards.
Lol I know what you mean. Yeah don't do it, the 2D Jeep is not designed for this apparently.
Sponsored