Barrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited, 2020 Honda Goldwing Bagger
Occupation
Network Technology Executive
Vehicle Showcase
When I got my JLUR, my dealer sold me on the fact they provided loaners when your car had to be serviced. I've had my JLUR for over 3 years now and even have the Mopar / Jeep Extended Warranty that takes the warranty to 5 year 60k miles. I also continue to have Jeep Wave for what it's worth. The general warranty and the extended warranty both provide for a rental vehicle reimbursement when your vehicle has to be kept...up to $35 per day for up to 5 days per occurrence.

I'm curious if anyone has ever taken advantage of loaners or the rental reimbursement. In my 3 years of ownership, I've always used the dealer for all service and have only used the loaner program 2 times and for just half a day.

My dealer has sold most or all of their loaner inventory since their sale inventory is so low. This just seemed like a short sighted strategy.
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I've never actually got a dealership loaner for a FCA product, always a rental they took care of directly. MB and BMW were always actual dealer loaners. Who knows now a days, the rental companies are even short on cars.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Loaners don't seem to be common with Chrysler. My experience with three separate dealerships:

Dealership A: You are on your own

Dealership B: Offers to teach you how to use Uber

Dealership C: Rental car, rented through them. No cost, however a lot of fees and paperwork like a regular rental place. For example: $10 a gallon fuel refill if you bring it back lower, $100 if signs of smoking in vehicle etc
Sponsored