Sponsored

Dealers Still Cannot Get Oil Levels Correct...

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Plus A8 & F8 Green
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
I did over 10 changes on my 6.7 in 5 yrs and 70K and never found 11 qts. to be less than the full mark.
I have been doing oil changes for over 50 years and fill until the dipstick reads full.
Ironically.....on my previous 2014 RAM 3500, I performed 26 oil changes through 362,000 miles, dumped one quart in the filter, poured the remaining 11 quarts straight into the engine, always was at the top of the crosshatch mark.

On my previous 2018 RAM 4500, I performed 36 oil changes through 473,000 miles, dumped one quart in the filter, poured the remaining 11 quarts straight into the engine, always was at the top of the crosshatch mark.

Iā€˜m on oil change #4 on my 2022 RAM 5500.......with the same routine, nothing changed. The manual calls for 12 quarts w/filter......and thatā€™s what mine has received. My drain times have always been between 1.0 and 1.5 hours, always at operating temperatures (usually straight in from a long run) while I perform other tasks such as fuel filter changes, air filter, checking differentials, transfer case, etc.

Unlike you....Iā€™ve only been changing oil for about 44 years.
Sponsored

StuM

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nova, Wrangler 392 XR, TRX Ign Ed, Evora GT
I found a similar overfill on my ā€˜22 TRX. Really makes you wonder about their systems and QC practices. šŸ¤¬