Dealers selling under MSRP?

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab
I’m freaking torn between a new TRX or a 392 and trading my 3.0. Anyone offering a good deal on a 392? Willing to travel if need be. Granger in IA is selling TRX at 9k under once order banks open back up. Thanks
Sponsored

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't had any issues with Chapman, got 6% under invoice back in the summer on a 392. Didn't think it was possible.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Chapman’s is a far cry from Texas lol. Hoping to find a decent deal closer.
I know someone from AZ who ordered and shipped it. Hell I from Florida and ordered from Chapman.

Sponsored

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Chapman’s is a far cry from Texas lol. Hoping to find a decent deal closer.
Just to echo what GreyHawk20 said, we've ordered three of our last four cars from out of state dealers for significantly less than any local dealers would touch. Figure somewhere around $1.50 to $2.00 per mile to have it professionally delivered right to your door, and for a car that's a 1,000 miles away, that costs around $1,500 to $2k. Well worth it if you can find a dealer at 6k or more under.
Just food for thought, good luck with your search!

eddified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla, Ford Transit 350
Just to echo what GreyHawk20 said, we've ordered three of our last four cars from out of state dealers for significantly less than any local dealers would touch. Figure somewhere around $1.50 to $2.00 per mile to have it professionally delivered right to your door, and for a car that's a 1,000 miles away, that costs around $1,500 to $2k. Well worth it if you can find a dealer at 6k or more under.
Just food for thought, good luck with your search!
Question: do you fly in for the purchase process? Or can you do that all on the phone ? How does that work ?

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Question: do you fly in for the purchase process? Or can you do that all on the phone ? How does that work ?
I am having things done via email plus getting my bank involved with financial documents l. I’ll sign other items like trade etc over at the dealership and drive home 1k miles

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
We have done all 3 via phone, Fax, email, and FedEx without ever stepping foot in the door. 2 we had shipped but one of them was close enough to drive home, so we just made a short road trip and drove it home. 2 of them were cars that were on the dealers lot, and one of them was an ordered vehicle, but they were all similar experiences, and pretty straightforward. The one difference being that we mailed a deposit to the dealer for the one car that we ordered. (My 392)

But basically, in each case we just reached out to the dealer about the car we were interested in, eventually reached an agreement on the price, and then faxed, Fedex’d, or emailed signed copies of everything we needed to back and forth from the dealer, like the purchase order. (Fun Fact: That’s an important one to make sure that it states exactly what your purchase price is, and make sure it is signed by the sales manager of the dealership, so they can’t “surprise” you with anything at the last second.)

My wife would take over from that point, as far getting documents to the banks for loan approval, and coordinating with the bank to get any necessary documents to the dealership.

We used the manufacture’s financing for two of them, and then her company’s credit union for the third, but there wasn’t much difference there either, as you basically have to do the same process for loan approval regardless of where get your financing from.

On the two that were shipped, we went with a transport service that was recommended by the dealer, and had good luck both times. But you can definitely find your own if preferred. Be selective though, don’t necessarily choose the cheapest guys around, cause just like with anything else, you get what you pay for. An enclosed trailer is the best option if you go that route.

Intercity is one option often talked about on the Corvette forums as one of the best for shipping a car. It’s fair to say though, that we haven’t looked into it since the labor shortages started, so I can’t speak to whether or not that has affected the going rates.

One other detail: Some dealerships are reluctant to discuss price over email or the phone, but A. That can be a sign of a sketchy dealer who doesn’t want to put anything in writing, so be cautious with them, and B. That reluctantly in general has gotten better since the pandemic started, since most dealerships were forced to embrace doing it that way for quite a while.

But most dealerships were already pretty accommodating to doing it that way, so don’t be afraid to ask if they are willing.

Anyway, hope this helps! And if you want more specific details on how to handle the financing side when doing it remotely, fire away. I can get more details from the boss when she’s home. ;)

Otherwise, good luck with everything!

-Rob

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Didn't know Granger was also 6% under invoice for 392's. That's good to hear. I have my Ram order in with them.

Sponsored

azjlur

First Name
Angie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Didn't know Granger was also 6% under invoice for 392's. That's good to hear. I have my Ram order in with them.
Granger is currently $6000 below MSRP on the 392 not 6% below invoice. Same with Chapman.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Granger is currently $6000 below MSRP on the 392 not 6% below invoice. Same with Chapman.
Looks like Summer was the best time to snag deals on 392

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha.

I thought Chapman was MSRP for '22s (thought I saw someone else stated that). I see their pricing thread hasn't been updated since August.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Gotcha.

I thought Chapman was MSRP for '22s (thought I saw someone else stated that). I see their pricing thread hasn't been updated since August.
So far it is 6k off, but there is no BS at all just add tax tag and 394 PA doc fee (no e-file fee, no prep fees) honestly the best I have seen. I do have a buyers order which is why how I know there is no bs fee's

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So far it is 6k off, but there is no BS at all just add tax tag and 394 PA doc fee (no e-file fee, no prep fees) honestly the best I have seen. I do have a buyers order which is why how I know there is no bs fee's
Oh I believe ya. I just saw another thread about it.

My 392XR shows up in Nov and is from Chapman. Put my order in with Tom July 5th. Unfortunate about Jeep killing the AR. I think the pricing shifted higher after my order. I put my order in the same day they joined the forums posting the 7% under deals on 4xE's.

Right now I'm trying to decide if I ship it or drive it back. Best quote I got from a reliable carrier (Intercity lines in this case -- enclosed transport) was $3295 from Horsham to Scottsdale. After all, it's 2400 miles and diesel is going up. I will probably fly and drive it back after PPF is applied.
Sponsored