Sponsored

Dealers now demanding a new $170 contract with tire size flash!

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Which also means you could just be past your warranty but your ODO still shows your inside of warranty mileage $$$
Sponsored

Last edited:

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Isn’t it the opposite? Bigger tires means less rotations less miles?
Yes thank you for the correction. My mind was on my bike when I went with a larger sprocket because of adding a turbo. When the larger sprocket is on you are showing more miles than you are actually doing. That is not the tire though.

So yes larger tires without correction will mean your odometer shows less mileage than it actually has been driven.

Jordon_Taylor

First Name
Jordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I think the odometer reading, more than anything, is what could be used as a method to void the warranty. Though it's simple enough to calc the actual mileage of the vehicle base on the tire size, I think it would be pretty easy for the dealership/FCA to say that they don't know the actual mileage on the vehicle.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
They've been charging from day one I paid 170. I had no problem paying it I didn't want to spend 329.00 on the Tazer

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Of course they told you something that would get you to pay them 300 dollars. Why wouldn't they?
Ordered a factory air intake from a dealer. When I went in to pick it up theBMW dealer told me instaling an air intake would blow my engine if I didnt pay them to install it and reflash software too. LOL.

Sponsored

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I think the odometer reading, more than anything, is what could be used as a method to void the warranty. Though it's simple enough to calc the actual mileage of the vehicle base on the tire size, I think it would be pretty easy for the dealership/FCA to say that they don't know the actual mileage on the vehicle.
Seems like a great reason for FCA to help reflash jeeps with larger tires, lol! Guess they'd rather double down forcing a contract addendum AND new charges???

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
They can't deny you warranty coverage because you changed your own tire size in the computer rather than paying them $300 to do it. How the F do you people pick your dealers? I don't go to dealers like that. Hell my dealer wanted the information for where they could get Tazer's because they think it's more economical for their customers. They felt that charging what FCA wants just to change a setting would leave a bad taste in their customers mouths. They are right. Folks if a dealer ever gives you this kind of crap, leave and find a better dealer. Dealers that don't understand Jeeps and thier owners should be avoided. My dealer has replaced bent tie rods, ball joints, even a dented oil pan, UNDER WARRANTY.

Rubicon29527

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKURHR
My service department knows I have a tazer and tech actually removes the bypass plug and reinstall it for me. Find a better dealership and leave a FCA rep out of it.

OP
OP
BBDOC

BBDOC

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 5-Series, Honda Civic, Honda Minivan
My service department knows I have a tazer and tech actually removes the bypass plug and reinstall it for me. Find a better dealership and leave a FCA rep out of it.
Are you in California? I know people have had great dealers that they work with all over the country. California does not seem to follow that same easy going attitude. I had to drive to Nevada to buy early on due to no one local in so cal willing to deal. And my local dealer in murrieta was the one charging me extra for the tire size.
Sponsored