First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
Yep, the best that I could do on a new 392 on the lot in Phoenix, was 2% under MSRP. I told them that I wanted 10% off, so no go. A different Dealer had two on the lot, but the want $10K over MSRP. That is so bad that it is funny..lol
Sponsored

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
<snip> were along the lines of "why would a dealership sell below MSRP?"
That's the same line I heard from EVERY local Jeep dealer. Oh and that none of them ever heard of the Affiliate Discount. Yeahhhhh, right.

In their defense, between them, they have only gotten 6 since June of '21. While Gupton had 300 on the lot last time I picked mine up.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Yep, the best that I could do on a new 392 on the lot in Phoenix, was 2% under MSRP. I told them that I wanted 10% off, so no go. A different Dealer had two on the lot, but the want $10K over MSRP. That is so bad that it is funny..lol
There's another group here learning about the opposite side of supply and demand economics when they're doing a trade-in.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

That's the same line I heard from EVERY local Jeep dealer. Oh and that none of them ever heard of the Affiliate Discount. Yeahhhhh, right.

In their defense, between them, they have only gotten 6 since June of '21. While Gupton had 300 on the lot last time I picked mine up.
They didn't acknowledge affiliate discounts? That's unexpected. One of my local dealerships acknowledged Tread Lightly, but would only apply it to custom orders (after telling me on the phone that they'd honor it for an off-the-lot order). Custom orders only seems to be the norm.

euan2020

First Name
Euan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landy 110, 2014, 1.8T Golf GTI 2001, Audi Q5 2013,
They didn't acknowledge affiliate discounts? That's unexpected. One of my local dealerships acknowledged Tread Lightly, but would only apply it to custom orders (after telling me on the phone that they'd honor it for an off-the-lot order). Custom orders only seems to be the norm.
they have no obligation to honour affiliate discount - only if they choose to - that is what i got told by Demontrond Conroe November 21 - 2019 i had got 6% below invoice with them.
2021 i went with Mark Dodge and got 6% below Invoice - shorter drive than to Guptons

Sponsored

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
I had done some of that research for a friend that loves Toyotas. The only responses I saw in that world were along the lines of "why would a dealership sell below MSRP?"
That's what I saw when I did some minimal research too.

Koons_of_Tysons_Corner

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.koonsjeep.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
Just giving everyone a holiday update.

HOLIDAY SPECIAL!!

All Jeep order are 6% below invoice (6.5% w/Affiliate) Excluding wrangler 392/4XE
Jeep 4xe 5%below invoice (5.5% w/Affiliate)

Wrangler 392 order is at 4% below invoice

ALL ORDERS ARE 100% PRICE PROTECTED!!

DOES NOT REQUIRE DEALERSHIP FINANCING!!

Plus your states tax, tags and $899 Processing Fee.

Please email Koonsgroupbuy@koons.com with the PDF from Jeep website and we will build and price it out for you! Please do not call the dealership as only a select few handle this program.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Just giving everyone a holiday update.

HOLIDAY SPECIAL!!

All Jeep order are 6% below invoice (6.5% w/Affiliate) Excluding wrangler 392/4XE
Jeep 4xe 5%below invoice (5.5% w/Affiliate)

Wrangler 392 order is at 4% below invoice

ALL ORDERS ARE 100% PRICE PROTECTED!!

DOES NOT REQUIRE DEALERSHIP FINANCING!!

Plus your states tax, tags and $899 Processing Fee.

Please email Koonsgroupbuy@koons.com with the PDF from Jeep website and we will build and price it out for you! Please do not call the dealership as only a select few handle this program.
I'm not sure what the processing fee includes, but it amounts to about 1.5% on a $60,000 invoice. I guess that means we can reduce all of the above discounts about 1% to 2%, as long as there are no additional "doc fees", "flooring fees", "detailing/prep fees", "tracker installation fees", or other costs not reflected in the Monroni sticker.

This seems like good pricing to me.

If you detect a note of skepticism in my typing it's because "doc fees" and the many other creative add-on fees didn't exist for the first twenty years I was buying cars. Back then, preparing new vehicles for sale, paying for dealership electricity & insurance, and paying for the folks who process sales-related paperwork were all part of the cost of doing automotive business (just as they are for every other business). Now dealers can advertise a sales price that's as much as $2,000 short of what it takes to actually buy the car. I'm not sure how they get away with that.

I just hope my plumber doesn't start charging me a "doc fee" for preparing my billing. That would make me go postal. ;)

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Pricing will improve everywhere as sales soften and inventory starts to accumulate. I believe we’ll see significantly more of both over the next year. Of course, I could be wrong about that.

With the CPI growing at 9.1% as of June 2022, and inflation slowing little since, the real value and buying power of your money is declining rapidly. When a loaf of Wonder Bread has reached $20 and the Monroni sticker on a 6 cylinder Rubicon climbs to $120,000 (it’s already ridiculous), the extra $500 you might have saved from squeezing another 1% below invoice is going to seem insignificant.

Sponsored

kglassic

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.criswellchryslerjeepdodge.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Occupation
Jeep Sales Manager
Update from Criswell for the end of the year......

Criswell Jeep factory orders:

2023 Factory orders 7% below invoice (excluding Rubicon 392) until December 31, 2022 @ 2:00 pm EST.

2023 Jeeps including Wrangler 4Xe, Grand Cherokee, Gladiator, Cherokee, Compass and Renegade factory orders = 7% below final factory invoice (5% Jeep Forum with Affiliate Rewards + 2% conventional financing/leasing).

NOTE: The 2% conventional financing discount does not include Chrysler special financing offers and requires financing 75% of the vehicle sales price. We are affiliated with multiple banks that compete to earn your business. As a result, they offer very competitive rates.

Our forum pricing does not include your state and local taxes, tag/title fees and dealer processing of $500.

All orders require a $500 fully refundable deposit and proof of Affiliate Rewards prior to submitting your build to the factory.

No additional fees, equipment or accessories added to your price. Wheel locks are included at no charge.

***All orders are price protected from date of order by Jeep SOP (sold order protection).***

We have partnered with a shipper that offers quicker pick up and better rates. Your salesman can provide a guaranteed shipping cost at time of order.

Please contact us at [email protected] or 301-212-4411.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Didn't read the whole thread but in CA it's hard to find the below invoice dealerships.. wanted to make sure everyone knows about Robert Trachtman, great service and does several points below invoices in CA, so you don't have to self-register. Bought several vehicles from him and always had great experiences.

Rob Trachtman
Fleet/Internet Sales and Leasing Manager
Tuttle Click Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Hyundai
40 Auto Center Dr
Irvine Ca 92618
C 954-864-5162
D 949-472-7411

RobTrachtman

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttleclickchrysler.com
Vehicle(s)
19 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Fleet Manager Tuttle Click Jeep Chrysler Dodge Hyundai
Didn't read the whole thread but in CA it's hard to find the below invoice dealerships.. wanted to make sure everyone knows about Robert Trachtman, great service and does several points below invoices in CA, so you don't have to self-register. Bought several vehicles from him and always had great experiences.

Rob Trachtman
Fleet/Internet Sales and Leasing Manager
Tuttle Click Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Hyundai
40 Auto Center Dr
Irvine Ca 92618
C 954-864-5162
D 949-472-7411
I am at 3 percent below invoice with tread lightly plus tax, license and 85 doc fee and thats it . so pretty simple. the only exclusions in the Jeep Wrangler Gladiator lineup is the 392.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The boat manufacturer I worked for briefly in 2000-2001 used to get a kickback of 1% of the amount financed for every quarter point between the dealer’s buy rate and the rate the customer was financed at. Our buy-rate on a qualifying fifteen year loan was 6%, and we financed buyers with good credit at 9.9%, so the bank would write us a check for almost 16% of the amount we financed at the boat show — so a $50,000 loan would net us almost $8000 up front. Do you car dealers still get a similar kickback on the financing?

RobTrachtman

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttleclickchrysler.com
Vehicle(s)
19 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Fleet Manager Tuttle Click Jeep Chrysler Dodge Hyundai
Car dealers across the country are maxed out at approx 2 percent of the amount financing in general , so a 20000 dollar loan will yield about 800 in finance profit. Again, this is pretty close to the actual numbers.. The consumer finance bureau put caps on dealers starting about 05-06.
Sponsored