Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

To follow up, Kent replied to my email this morning. This the exact email exchange:

Me to Kent: Looks like the prices from Stellantis just went up on the 17th and, as you would expect, the forums are blowing up with speculation. Many have been asking about price protection for their orders and a couple of the bigger volume dealers back east have stated they aren't offering any kind of price protection. I thought I'd verify with you and hopefully bring some good news to the forums; can you confirm that, if an order were placed with you before the 17th (such as mine, which went in on the 12th) that the price at time of order is protected from these kinds of increases? Looks like the overall MSRP of my particular build went up $2030, so knowing that the price is protected from the original order would be a huge relief.

Kent to me: You're correct. There is much buzz and speculation. I've been following it on the forums as well. It's a bit disappointing that some dealerships do not know how to handle this situation. Price protection is in play with our orders. When you ordered, your pricing is locked when we submitted to jeep. Jeep does not go back and increase those prices. The only time a price may change is if there was a part discontinued and / or superseded to a new part with a price variation. Or if they were back ordered or out of stock, such as floor mats. They would have a VIN delete for that item and the pricing will reflect that. The biggest issue for us right now, are the quotes we sent out last week and people are now returning their signed orders. We cannot submit an order with old pricing. So the unfortunate few that this has happened to are quite upset and it's very understandable. Once Jeep makes those changes, there is nothing we can do with those old quotes, they just need to be updated. Hope this helps put you at ease. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

@Ratbert I think we can check 'yes' for price protection on Peterson in Nampa, ID. BTW, as many have said before, thank you for putting that spreadsheet together, posting it for everyone else to reference, and continually updating it. It's been a terrific resource for a great many folks, I suspect, myself included.
I appreciate it. Hopefully the price protection column won't really be required, especially with the explanation that Kent provided.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
To follow up, Kent replied to my email this morning. This the exact email exchange:

Me to Kent: Looks like the prices from Stellantis just went up on the 17th and, as you would expect, the forums are blowing up with speculation. Many have been asking about price protection for their orders and a couple of the bigger volume dealers back east have stated they aren't offering any kind of price protection. I thought I'd verify with you and hopefully bring some good news to the forums; can you confirm that, if an order were placed with you before the 17th (such as mine, which went in on the 12th) that the price at time of order is protected from these kinds of increases? Looks like the overall MSRP of my particular build went up $2030, so knowing that the price is protected from the original order would be a huge relief.

Kent to me: You're correct. There is much buzz and speculation. I've been following it on the forums as well. It's a bit disappointing that some dealerships do not know how to handle this situation. Price protection is in play with our orders. When you ordered, your pricing is locked when we submitted to jeep. Jeep does not go back and increase those prices. The only time a price may change is if there was a part discontinued and / or superseded to a new part with a price variation. Or if they were back ordered or out of stock, such as floor mats. They would have a VIN delete for that item and the pricing will reflect that. The biggest issue for us right now, are the quotes we sent out last week and people are now returning their signed orders. We cannot submit an order with old pricing. So the unfortunate few that this has happened to are quite upset and it's very understandable. Once Jeep makes those changes, there is nothing we can do with those old quotes, they just need to be updated. Hope this helps put you at ease. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

@Ratbert I think we can check 'yes' for price protection on Peterson in Nampa, ID. BTW, as many have said before, thank you for putting that spreadsheet together, posting it for everyone else to reference, and continually updating it. It's been a terrific resource for a great many folks, I suspect, myself included.
Good info and exactly what I had assumed. The price as ordered is the price.

On my '21 Hella the price went up significantly in the 15 weeks between order and build/sticker generation.

Looks like the same thing is happening this time on my '22 Hydro , but I don't think the Sports S went up that much. I'm too lazy to figure it up.

Feel free to, if you want and report back. 🤣

2022 JLU Sport S
Hydro
2.0 Auto
Doors-Off Mirror Kit
Dual Top Group

Original list: $43,055

New Jeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
Thanks, I've added your dealership to the spreadsheet.

Some questions:
  1. How much of a deposit do you require and is it refundable?
  2. Does the 4% below invoice require financing?
  3. Do you honor the additional 1% off for Tread Lightly?
Ratbert-
Looks like you can add Yes to the Price Protection column for Granger, Mall of Georgia, Gupton, and Koons. No for Chapman.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Ratbert-
Looks like you can add Yes to the Price Protection column for Granger, Mall of Georgia, Gupton, and Koons. No for Chapman.
Thanks for the significant update. Added those and both Chapman dealerships are now 'No'.

Sponsored

New Jeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
Thanks for the significant update. Added those and both Chapman dealerships are now 'No'.
Just the Chapman in PA is a No...not sure about any other Chapmans or if they are related. Thanks

CARDIACARREST84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Pinto
Occupation
Janitor
I plan to turn in my build this coming week even after the price hikes which I'm still steaming over. My question is regarding the Tread Lightly affiliation. If I signed up last week, turn in my build order next week, with the required deposit, will I get the discount even though it hasn't been 30 days? I saw someone mention that you just had to have it for atleast 30 days before taking delivery of your Jeep but I have also seen it mentioned that you have to have it for 30 days prior to turning in your build and paying the deposit to get things going. Can someone please confirm. Thanks.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
I plan to turn in my build this coming week even after the price hikes which I'm still steaming over. My question is regarding the Tread Lightly affiliation. If I signed up last week, turn in my build order next week, with the required deposit, will I get the discount even though it hasn't been 30 days? I saw someone mention that you just had to have it for atleast 30 days before taking delivery of your Jeep but I have also seen it mentioned that you have to have it for 30 days prior to turning in your build and paying the deposit to get things going. Can someone please confirm. Thanks.
It's 30 days before you take delivery.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
The Tread Lightly Affiliate has nothing to do with when you order or place a deposit. The only thing that matter is you have to join and be a member for 30 days when you take actual deliver at the dealer. Say you have been a member for 25 days and your Wrangler is ready for delivery by your dealer. You can postpone your delivery for 5 more days so your membership reaches 30 days. Then you can take delivery for the TL affiliate price.

Sponsored

CARDIACARREST84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Pinto
Occupation
Janitor
Has anyone seen the MSRP go back down in the past after a spike like the most recent? I know inflation and supply chain issues play a role but just curious for those who have followed the Wrangler or auto market much longer than me. My build went up about $3000 with the recent hike.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
Has anyone seen the MSRP go back down in the past after a spike like the most recent? I know inflation and supply chain issues play a role but just curious for those who have followed the Wrangler or auto market much longer than me. My build went up about $3000 with the recent hike.
no. fjb.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I do not recall ever seeing any vehicle's MSRP go down. Not likely with inflation either. They usually will bundle more options as standard equipment. They made the 8.4" Infotainment w/ Alpine and the Proximity Locks standard no-cost options for the 2022 Rubicon and Sahara. The cost of some 2022s actually went down from a 2021 model with the same equipment. That was before the Jan 17 2022 price hike. The price increase this week was pretty heavy. I was surprised.

PDXSting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLURD '23 JTRD

Earlier today emailed Kent the same question (with much less eloquence than yours). Ordered 12/23. I'll post his response once received. Hoping for the same answer you received from him!

CARDIACARREST84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Pinto
Occupation
Janitor
Has anyone asked Dan Cummings why they aren't doing the full 1% additional for the Tread Lightly affiliation? Curious why they are only doing 0.5%? From my understanding the additional 1% discount from the TL affiliation doesn't effect their bottom line anyway. Is this correct? If so, does that mean they are just pocketing the additional 0.5% that is meant to be passed on to the customer?
Sponsored