Dealers % Below Invoice on 2022 Wranglers

BLU392

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392xr
60k and over MSRP is 6% off invoice, under 60k is 7% off invoice.
Both those numbers are including the extra 1% off from affiliate rewards or tread lightly. Without those then you take off 1% from those numbers.
I can't verify the extra 1% but the original poster of that info said that they received it apparently. My conversation with Mike when I ordered was that if Wrangler was added back to the affiliate rewards program And valid when my JLUR was delivered, then I would receive the extra 1% since I have access to AR.
my understanding is that this does not include the 392.
Sponsored

hface119

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Sport S
2nd that. Dealers in San Diego a joke. All talking over msrp. Told one dealer in north county to pound sand on an order wanting over MSRP.
was it Bob Baker? Getting my ducks in a row to order a 2022 JLU and trade in my 2016 JK and was probably going to head up there. I'm new to San Diego since last spring so no experience with any of the dealers out here.

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
I’m hoping to order my first Jeep in the next month or two. How competitive are their rates? Currently Jeep offers 2.68% apr for 60 months, is Peterson’s close to that?
And somewhere else I saw that you must finance 95% in order to get the deal, does this include trade in? So if the selling price is $50k but I trade in a vehicle for $10k, the amount financed would be $40k or 80% of the selling price. Would I not be eligible for the deal?
He gave me 4.25% on 60 month. Excellent credit. Hope that helps.

oldman

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited JL SS, ordered 2022 Rubicon XR
Every one who is waiting on their ordered Wrangler should read todays news on the "1/17/2022 Reissued/Revised Prices for 2022 Jeep Wrangler and Unlimited". My Ordered December 2021 Unlimited RubiconXR has just received a price increase of over $2000!!

Sponsored

mul1gan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep JKUR
wait, so they increased it even after you got your order in?

I had 100% planned on ordering last friday but got a call saying it increased ~3k for my order options. So I told them I would sleep on it. :)

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Hello! my name is Chad Rivas from Miracle CDJR located in Gallatin, TN. I'm a Sales Professional here and we are offering exclusive pricing on all Jeep Builds! If any of you have any questions please do not hesitate to PM or Email me. If anyone knows where information like this may be best used on the forum please let me know! Below is what we are offering to the community, Thank you.
  • 4% Below Invoice on Ordered New 2022 Jeeps at Miracle Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram (Gallatin, TN)
  • Hi all. Add Miracle Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Gallatin TN to the list of those offering below invoice pricing! Happy to answer all of your questions.
    We are offering 4% below manufacturer invoice on newly-placed orders on New 2022 Jeep's, any trim excl. 392 Wrangler, (We will be selling 392 Wranglers AT MSRP, NO DEALER MARKUP FOR "Limited Availability" or anything of that nature). The only additional cost to incur would be the Dealer Fee ($599) plus, State Applicable Tax and Registration. This is only for factory pre-ordered vehicles and does not apply to in-stock vehicles that we have at the dealership. This opportunity is for retail sales only and is not available for leasing. The best way to get started would be to go to https://www.jeep.com/vehicle-selector.bmo.html and build out your vehicle as you wish. When finished, download the PDF of the configuration (or save the configuration and copy the link) and email it to our General Sales Manager, Mark Ledford at [email protected] OR directly to Our Jeep Expert and Sales Professional, Chad Rivas at [email protected] saying that you would like the 4% below invoice pricing, where you saw this post, and that you would like to order the attached configuration. We will build out the vehicle on our end and will let you know what the final price will be! Thanks for Reading!
Thanks, I've added your dealership to the spreadsheet.

Some questions:
  1. How much of a deposit do you require and is it refundable?
  2. Does the 4% below invoice require financing?
  3. Do you honor the additional 1% off for Tread Lightly?

Cyber_Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
He gave me 4.25% on 60 month. Excellent credit. Hope that helps.
Thanks! 4.25% isn't exactly great. A quick google search shows that the first three credit unions I looked at have rates of 2.49%, 2.74%, and 2.74%. I imagine you can find even better if you spend more than 2 minutes searching.
$50k at 4.25% for 60 months is $926 per month or a total cost of $55,589.
$50k at 2.68% for 60 months is $891 per month or a total cost of $53,481.
So you will spend $2,108 more in interest compared to taking Chrysler's current deal. That brings the deal from 5% under invoice to closer to 1%-2% under invoice once you add that back in. It's still better than paying MSRP, but I guess we know how they are making money off of this.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I've been chatting with Lindsey at Dan Cummins and verified that my order is price protected, so I've added that to the spreadsheet. They also match .5% for Tread Lightly, which, as has been discussed, seems to be a bit of a risk for dealerships.

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
Thanks! 4.25% isn't exactly great. A quick google search shows that the first three credit unions I looked at have rates of 2.49%, 2.74%, and 2.74%. I imagine you can find even better if you spend more than 2 minutes searching.
So you will spend $2,108 more in interest compared to taking Chrysler's current deal. That brings the deal from 5% under invoice to closer to 1%-2% under invoice once you add that back in. It's still better than paying MSRP, but I guess we know how they are making money off of this.
Yup. The rate is much higher than FCA and credit unions. They have other option to not finance thru their vendor but the cost of the Jeep would be $2500 more. So I took the financing.

Besides this issue, They were really lousy to deal with. Never return phone calls. My second order went with Koons.

Sponsored

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
Kent only asks that you make 6 months of payments through their financing, then you can refinance with whomever you like. USAA currently has 1.89% offered. My plan is to put 5% down in cash, sell my "trade-in" privately, finance through them for 6 months to get the preferred pricing, then use the cash from the trade-in to pay down and either pay the remainder off in cash or refinance the remainder through USAA.

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
Yup. The rate is much higher than FCA and credit unions. They have other option to not finance thru their vendor but the cost of the Jeep would be $2500 more. So I took the financing.

Besides this issue, They were really lousy to deal with. Never return phone calls. My second order went with Koons.
I haven't, as yet, had the same experience. I was put through straight to Kent the first time I called the dealership, he followed up with a text message later that afternoon, I emailed him that evening and received a response the following morning. After meeting with him and discussing my build, I asked for a few days to run numbers and think about it and received no pressure or follow-ups. I reached out asking some additional questions via email, received a response back the following day. I placed the order, response back the following day.

Maybe because I'm local and have the ability to just pop in to his office, he feels more compelled to get back to me. I can't say; beyond the few brief interactions I've had, I don't know the guy. But I do have a fairly deep breadth of experience with car dealers and, after meeting Kent in person, I didn't have any alarm bells ringing.

Like everyone else, my POC has the little disclaimer print at the bottom. However, during my in-person discussion with Kent he stated that he guarantees the price at the time he takes a deposit and put a little stamp on my signed POC that states "Kent's Jeep Squad Guaranteed Price." I just shot him an email asking about Peterson's policy on price protection with regards to this latest price hike, and will update this thread once I receive a reply, along with how long it took me to receive a response.

Attachments

oldman

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited JL SS, ordered 2022 Rubicon XR
I haven't, as yet, had the same experience. I was put through straight to Kent the first time I called the dealership, he followed up with a text message later that afternoon, I emailed him that evening and received a response the following morning. After meeting with him and discussing my build, I asked for a few days to run numbers and think about it and received no pressure or follow-ups. I reached out asking some additional questions via email, received a response back the following day. I placed the order, response back the following day.

Maybe because I'm local and have the ability to just pop in to his office, he feels more compelled to get back to me. I can't say; beyond the few brief interactions I've had, I don't know the guy. But I do have a fairly deep breadth of experience with car dealers and, after meeting Kent in person, I didn't have any alarm bells ringing.

Like everyone else, my POC has the little disclaimer print at the bottom. However, during my in-person discussion with Kent he stated that he guarantees the price at the time he takes a deposit and put a little stamp on my signed POC that states "Kent's Jeep Squad Guaranteed Price." I just shot him an email asking about Peterson's policy on price protection with regards to this latest price hike, and will update this thread once I receive a reply, along with how long it took me to receive a response.
Question, was that the actual POC your dealer used to order your vehicle? I noticed several irregularities in the form compared to mine: No Order Date, no Ordered By(name/employee#), no VON#, no Customer Name and Address at the bottom, and granted there is a dealership stamp but no sales/manager signature or initials.

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
Question, was that the actual POC your dealer used to order your vehicle? I noticed several irregularities in the form compared to mine: No Order Date, no Ordered By(name/employee#), no VON#, no Customer Name and Address at the bottom, and granted there is a dealership stamp but no sales/manager signature or initials.
No, that was just the agreement of options (which is why Kent asked me to initial next to each option to confirm the Jeep was being built to my request) that I sent to him with my deposit. This is the actual POC he submitted the next day.

Attachments

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
To follow up, Kent replied to my email this morning. This the exact email exchange:

Me to Kent: Looks like the prices from Stellantis just went up on the 17th and, as you would expect, the forums are blowing up with speculation. Many have been asking about price protection for their orders and a couple of the bigger volume dealers back east have stated they aren't offering any kind of price protection. I thought I'd verify with you and hopefully bring some good news to the forums; can you confirm that, if an order were placed with you before the 17th (such as mine, which went in on the 12th) that the price at time of order is protected from these kinds of increases? Looks like the overall MSRP of my particular build went up $2030, so knowing that the price is protected from the original order would be a huge relief.

Kent to me: You're correct. There is much buzz and speculation. I've been following it on the forums as well. It's a bit disappointing that some dealerships do not know how to handle this situation. Price protection is in play with our orders. When you ordered, your pricing is locked when we submitted to jeep. Jeep does not go back and increase those prices. The only time a price may change is if there was a part discontinued and / or superseded to a new part with a price variation. Or if they were back ordered or out of stock, such as floor mats. They would have a VIN delete for that item and the pricing will reflect that. The biggest issue for us right now, are the quotes we sent out last week and people are now returning their signed orders. We cannot submit an order with old pricing. So the unfortunate few that this has happened to are quite upset and it's very understandable. Once Jeep makes those changes, there is nothing we can do with those old quotes, they just need to be updated. Hope this helps put you at ease. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

@Ratbert I think we can check 'yes' for price protection on Peterson in Nampa, ID. BTW, as many have said before, thank you for putting that spreadsheet together, posting it for everyone else to reference, and continually updating it. It's been a terrific resource for a great many folks, I suspect, myself included.
Sponsored