Dealers % Below Invoice on 2022 Wranglers

euan2020

First Name
Euan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landy 110, 2014, 1.8T Golf GTI 2001, Audi Q5 2013,
Anyone hear back from Daniel Gupton or Renee lately? I sent an email on 11/22 and another follow up email yesterday about ordering but I haven’t heard anything from them.
I heard from Renee Friday/Saturday, but all quiet on me, when looking to get a trade in price, and confirm below invoice rate
Sponsored

Mike8194

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys
Anyone hear back from Daniel Gupton or Renee lately? I sent an email on 11/22 and another follow up email yesterday about ordering but I haven’t heard anything from them.
Sent an email Weds (12/1) to Daniel and cc’d Renee. Included exactly what model/options I was looking for. Heard back from Renee today (12/3) with build sheet and cost details. I verified everything, and was sent a link to pay the deposit ($1k). Super easy process. 5% under invoice with my own financing, 6% with dealer financing and 7mos of payments. Deposit paid and now the wait begins!

euan2020

First Name
Euan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sent an email Weds (12/1) to Daniel and cc’d Renee. Included exactly what model/options I was looking for. Heard back from Renee today (12/3) with build sheet and cost details. I verified everything, and was sent a link to pay the deposit ($1k). Super easy process. 5% under invoice with my own financing, 6% with dealer financing and 7mos of payments. Deposit paid and now the wait begins!
I feel like i am being ghosted by Renee, frustrating when i am looking to confirm a trade in that i plan to release immediately - not heard back since last Saturday - would have driven up today (700 miles) if they had got back to me timely

Mike8194

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys
I feel like i am being ghosted by Renee, frustrating when i am looking to confirm a trade in that i plan to release immediately - not heard back since last Saturday - would have driven up today (700 miles) if they had got back to me timely
Sorry to hear that. Everything I have read about Gupton is pretty positive. I am guessing the trade is slowing things down, as they seem to be a smaller operation focused on volume sales. Also, I would think it is difficult for a dealer to lock in a trade value for a sale months down the road. Have you tried Carvana, Vroom, Carmax etc. to sell your vehicle? I just sold my 21 Wrangler for $4k over my original purchase price to Vroom.

mul1gan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep JKUR
Not sure if this had already been asked and stated, but for the 22's are they no longer accepting the tread lightly discounts?

Sponsored

euan2020

First Name
Euan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear that. Everything I have read about Gupton is pretty positive. I am guessing the trade is slowing things down, as they seem to be a smaller operation focused on volume sales. Also, I would think it is difficult for a dealer to lock in a trade value for a sale months down the road. Have you tried Carvana, Vroom, Carmax etc. to sell your vehicle? I just sold my 21 Wrangler for $4k over my original purchase price to Vroom.
I would release the trade within 7 days, and drive our 2nd car for 3-4 months
Autonation/Carmax/Givemethevin offering me me 4-5K more than i paid for 2019 (not accounting for sales tax ) - but i think prices are heading up - same guys from few weeks ago are offering me more - going to head up to Demontrond again tomorrow to see their offer - they were offering a ridiculously low value 3 weeks ago - $4-$5K less than everyone else

Vroom are all over the shop - over the space of 2 weeks quoted online $48.5/$45.5/$41.5K

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, '22 XR
Autonation/Carmax/Givemethevin offering me me 4-5K more than i paid for 2019 (not accounting for sales tax ) - but i think prices are heading up - same guys from few weeks ago are offering me more - going to head up to Demontrond again tomorrow to see their offer - they were offering a ridiculously low value 3 weeks ago - $4-$5K less than everyone else

Vroom are all over the shop - over the space of 2 weeks quoted online $48.5/$45.5/$41.5K

Perhaps trading in early is out of the norm for them. Or they are just very busy and missed it.

Daniel Gupton told me that they would be happy to make me an offer on my trade but preferred to wait until closer to delivery.

I figure if he makes me a good offer I'm driving up, but if not I'll just take a flight.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Something must have changed because I ordered mine last night from Jason and it was 5% under invoice... Strange.
I don't know what is up with Jason or Hawk? I gave him a shot before ordering from Ed Martin. I even gave him a second chance after ordering mine from Ed Martin. A couple of friends are interested in buying Wranglers asked me to check with him. I reached out to him again for them but no reply. They said the same. One is going with Ed Martin. The other is going to Grainger in IA because it's closer for them.

Mike8194

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys
Not sure if this had already been asked and stated, but for the 22's are they no longer accepting the tread lightly discounts?
I believe Stellantis canned affiliate pricing like tread lightly.org on Oct 1. 36mos @ 0% APR and $500 first responder incentive are still going. Hope they are still in place when my Jeep arrives!

Obispo325

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Tahoe and hopefully a Bright White JLUR
@TeamLava This is the thread you need to be looking at.

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps

You can sell the dealership the vehicle early, however it cannot be traded in prior to your vehicle being on the lot and the deal occuring. It is against the law for a dealership to count a vehicle as a trade in prior. If you want it to be a trade in for tax purposes you will have to wait.

Obispo325

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Tahoe and hopefully a Bright White JLUR
There’s not really a list per se, but most people have just been posting the % below invoice they got quoted and from which dealer. For example, I got 4% under invoice at Mall of Ga. I’m from NWFL, so it’s an easier drive for me than Gupton.

There seems to be like one or maybe two dealers in each large metro area that is doing discounts at least that good but Gupton and Peterson out in Idaho seem to be the two lowest, each at 5% under invoice.

BP05JP

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Jeep Unlimited, Audi Q7
I just worked with Craig at Koons last week for 6% under invoice to order a Rubicon. Fast response to emails, great communication and deal done in two days. Highly recommend so far. Now I wait a long time to pick up my Jeep.
Sponsored