Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

in response to viper88

snazzberry..kinda risky color lol undecided on 3.6 or 2.0..definitely want the full time awd option...however if i decide on a manual then its back to a 2dr willys stick with a/c as only option! Decisions decisions
My JLUR was the 3.6 with a manual. The 4.10 gears were way too tall, making it anemic. 6th gear was a waste until you exceeded 90mph on an incredibly flat stretch of interstate. Had to keep it floored in 3rd to try to pull a 1,000 trailer in the Colorado mountains.

3.6 with a manual? Not recommended.
Sponsored

1942MB

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1942 willy mb / 2020 Rubicon
Anyone in the chicago area having any luck with the dealers giving a % off orders for a 2022?

suzy78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Anyone in the chicago area having any luck with the dealers giving a % off orders for a 2022?
Jason Beltran @ Hawk in Forest Park is 5% below with financing. Ordered last month, very responsive and easy to work with.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Jason Beltran @ Hawk in Forest Park is 5% below with financing. Ordered last month, very responsive and easy to work with.
I ordered my last '19 JLR from Jason and he is a great. I wanted to order another Rubicon from him again last week. I checked with Jason at Hawk last week before ordering and he said Hawk is only doing 1%-under invoice now. I ended up ordering from Ed Martin In IN for 4%-under without financing or 5%-under with financing.

rubiria

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
My JLUR was the 3.6 with a manual. The 4.10 gears were way too tall, making it anemic. 6th gear was a waste until you exceeded 90mph on an incredibly flat stretch of interstate. Had to keep it floored in 3rd to try to pull a 1,000 trailer in the Colorado mountains.

3.6 with a manual? Not recommended.
If I had to vouch for a Manual Option on my JLUR Order, I wish it was mated to the 2.0T instead. The torque will be absolutely beneficial in the long run.

Sponsored

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, '22 XR
Just gave Daniel Gupton my deposit.

Same 5% off invoice or 6% with dealer finance deal described above.

Super straight forward so far. Thanks everyone for all of the intel!!

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Just gave Daniel Gupton my deposit.

Same 5% off invoice or 6% with dealer finance deal described above.

Super straight forward so far. Thanks everyone for all of the intel!!
Thanks for the update. I'm still looking to flip the Hella come spring if Jeep adds even one decent color and the secondary market holds.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

snazzberry..kinda risky color lol
Snazz is one of those colors that looks like hot garbage on the online build tool, but is actually really nice IRL. It's hard to photograph or describe. I'm from Texas, so I'd probably describe is as a slightly brighter/more lovely Aggie Maroon.

It's definitely not pinkish or purplish IRL. You can also pop over to the "Show-and-Tell" subforum to find color-specific threads with loads of IRL photos of each color. Really helpful since the online build tool is such garbage with a lot of these colors.

NChap89

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Ordered my JLUR XR via Travis @ Tri-City Jeep in Eden, NC @ 5% below invoice w/ dealer financing.

Daniel @ Gupton offered 6% below but I couldn’t justify the 15 hour round trip for an extra 1% vs TriCity being 2 hours away from me.

tools44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon
Not sure if it is more convenient for you to go to Indy (depending on where you are in IL), but Hawk CDJ in Forest Park, IL is willing to do 5% off invoice with financing, $301 IL dealer fee. What's nice is that they use many of the major banks, so for instance, they are an approved dealer with my bank so I can secure my very low rate and Hawk will process it through them.

Jason Beltran is the Tread Lightly rep there, and has been super easy to talk to thus far. He said the 5% is regardless of what happens with Tread Lightly, so I guess that is the one risk if it does come back. For me it's worth it because he is 15 miles away vs. traveling out of state. He also said the price is protected at the time of the order being placed, so no increases at delivery if invoice went up.

Once I stop obsessing over what options to add/not add, I will be going through him.

Just wanted to reiterate what was said here about Jason @ Hawk. I've been on these boards obsessing over what to buy, where to buy it, colors, etc. for MONTHS now. Finally got up the nerve to call Jason last night. He did 2 different builds for me and I had his quotes less than 2 hours later. They matched the buyer's guide exactly. No muss, no fuss. I told him I was ready and 5 minutes later I had ordered one. It was almost anti-climactic (lol) after all these months. He even talked me out of a few of the options that I was on the fence about from a practicality standpoint and what he has seen in his 20 years selling Jeeps. I was prepared to go to Gupton, but I live in the Chicago burbs so doesn't make any sense to get 1% extra ($500 or so?) but then have to fly down to get it and spend $200 in gas to drive it back. Now I play the waiting game.

Sponsored

tools44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon
I ordered my last '19 JLR from Jason and he is a great. I wanted to order another Rubicon from him again last week. I checked with Jason at Hawk last week before ordering and he said Hawk is only doing 1%-under invoice now. I ended up ordering from Ed Martin In IN for 4%-under without financing or 5%-under with financing.
Something must have changed because I ordered mine last night from Jason and it was 5% under invoice... Strange.

Mechanick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
That’s great to know. I have a few friends in Philly so it would be a fun visit. They confirmed my order yesterday for a Rubicon build with the 392 XR package, but couldn’t guarantee it would get built. Figured I would try a few local dealers just in case, although I haven’t heard that there has been an issue delivering these. Guessing 2-4 months maybe?
Considering ordering from them too. But same boat with the no guarantee so just wondering if you got any update with yours? a VIN? Thanks in advance!

Surfin3591

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Telluride , 2022 Rubicon XR (on order)
Just wanted to reiterate what was said here about Jason @ Hawk. I've been on these boards obsessing over what to buy, where to buy it, colors, etc. for MONTHS now. Finally got up the nerve to call Jason last night. He did 2 different builds for me and I had his quotes less than 2 hours later. They matched the buyer's guide exactly. No muss, no fuss. I told him I was ready and 5 minutes later I had ordered one. It was almost anti-climactic (lol) after all these months. He even talked me out of a few of the options that I was on the fence about from a practicality standpoint and what he has seen in his 20 years selling Jeeps. I was prepared to go to Gupton, but I live in the Chicago burbs so doesn't make any sense to get 1% extra ($500 or so?) but then have to fly down to get it and spend $200 in gas to drive it back. Now I play the waiting game.
Curious, what options did he talk you out of? I might need the same talk.

FreedomFur

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Considering ordering from them too. But same boat with the no guarantee so just wondering if you got any update with yours? a VIN? Thanks in advance!
No news yet but they were easy to work with. I figured I would Give them 30 days before circling back. I feel like I read somewhere in the forms that they’re not actually starting any of the extreme recon package builds until December, so I’m betting it’s going to be February before this gets delivered. Everyone seems to think that the order will get filled eventually.

Mechanick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
No news yet but they were easy to work with. I figured I would Give them 30 days before circling back. I feel like I read somewhere in the forms that they’re not actually starting any of the extreme recon package builds until December, so I’m betting it’s going to be February before this gets delivered. Everyone seems to think that the order will get filled eventually.
Did you look at Koons too when shopping? They have similar deal but 1K deposit and did not mention no guarantees. But I have to assume they are all above allocation at this point. Just not sure who has the better chance of getting them filled.
Sponsored