Dealers % Below Invoice on 2022 Wranglers

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
I seem to be having a hard time getting a response from Gupton too. I ended up talking to Mike Clinnin at Mall of Georgia and he had a build put together with a pretty decent price in about 20 minutes. I did the math and I’m only paying about $350 more than I would at Gupton. I feel like the responsiveness and customer service is worth the extra money. It was late in the day when I spoke with Mike. I’m contacting him tomorrow to put in an order.
I never heard back from him either so I sent him another email last night. Woke up this morning and he replied with a quote so if you or anyone else are still interested you might shoot him another email. This way it's at the top of the pile instead of buried at the bottom.
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Hang tight, still working on this. Finance Mgr friend has been out sick; looking to connect this weekend to discuss. Keep you posted.
Tell him I am ready to place a deposit and order if he is competitive. Thanks.

Newbalewb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Wrangler X
3184FFF9-D738-40B2-B632-FC8A2853355A.png

The travel to Gupton or other volume dealers changes the equation for each person. I would need them to beat a closer dealer by at least 3% to make it worth the trip, but that’s coming from DFW. Given what I hear about most dealers here, they probably would be enough to make the trip, but I think there is certainly a price point for everyone where paying a little more makes the fast/good combo override the cheap/good price at a volume dealer.
FYI this is up in Prosper: https://tylersellscdjr.com/tread-lightly-orders

I havent dealt with them but its the best I've seen around DFW

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK

They don’t do the invoice % financial gimmicks, during the summer I got 6% off my 392 no gimmicks or strings attached. The most honest and transparent experience thus far. Picking up the rig tomorrow.
They're a pretty cool dealer group from what I've seen thus far. Just waiting now for mine to get built.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Same here. What did you end up ordering? I worked with Ashlie and placed my order yesterday for a JLUR. I am from New England as well..CT to be more specific and had the same issue. My local dealer flat out lied to me and said Jeep was still doing 21 orders and the max discount they would give on a 2021 was $500 off MSRP! Ridiculous! All the ones in the New England area I contacted were doing MSRP or max 1000 below. I almost pulled the plug until i found this forum and Chapman (this being my first Jeep). I dont mind the 3 hr drive to pick it up.

The process has been very straightforward so far. Lets see how soon we get ours!
Different business models (high volume dealer vs low volume dealer), but that sales guy was probably just uninformed -- I doubt he intentionally lied to you. The transition literally just happened, and as we all know -- most sales folks don't know their product very well (and FCA's made it pretty hard in that department).

For instance, when I shopped around back in 2019, there was a dealership here that wouldn't even place an order -- irrespective of deposit (something about being stuck with a vehicle and not being able to claw back the deposit).

This forum has been so valuable for many folks, myself included.

rriglesias

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara Altitude
I was/am planning to put in an order in November with them. I want to know why their Tag and Tile Transfer fee is that high.... it's less than 100$ to do it through the DMV. And then it's another 250 to do it electronically? Makes no sense to me.
Neither to me. I've seen $250 in fees tor tag transfer, probably some tag agency and middle man involved, but an additional $199 Electronic filing fee?

CamperShamu

First Name
Shamu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR(ordered), Tesla 3, BMW m240i
Different business models (high volume dealer vs low volume dealer), but that sales guy was probably just uninformed -- I doubt he intentionally lied to you. The transition literally just happened, and as we all know -- most sales folks don't know their product very well (and FCA's made it pretty hard in that department).

For instance, when I shopped around back in 2019, there was a dealership here that wouldn't even place an order -- irrespective of deposit (something about being stuck with a vehicle and not being able to claw back the deposit).

This forum has been so valuable for many folks, myself included.
Yeah I guess I will give them the benefit of the doubt. Although they are the biggest dealer around where I live. Not to mention the ordering system shouldn’t have allowed them to put in a 21 order by then. And …I get a text from one of their sales guys every other day since then trying to push me into a 21 wrangler. My hypothesis was that these guys probably had some 21s coming and wanted to try and get me to buy one. That too at msrp.

Anyways, got my order inwith Chapman at much better price and a seamless experience so far. Keeping my fingers crossed it stays seamless 😊
‘Thanks for your inputs. And thanks to this forum!

Bob_N_AZ

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Ford Excape Hybrid
I was going to place an order today and since I've been reading the posts here I planed on getting the best deal I could. I went to the dealer with the build sheet and gave it to the salesman and he came back with a configuration sheet. Prices matched except for the paint. Ask him what the best price was and it was MSRP. "It's family owned and they don't haggle" Well ok thanks a lot for your time and I was getting up. Then it was wait a minute let me talk to my manager. Well he came back and they will do FWP. I pushed for 4% under FWP. No go. I decided to look around a bit more but I do have a couple take aways.

I was told manual trans in on back order and they can't order it yet. Got a feeling they wanted me to go with auto which I wasn't going to do. I told them to put the order in anyway, 2022 won't start till late Dec. Anyone heard of manual trans being on back order?

Every car gets tinted windows and nitro tires, no exceptions. For 1000. Don't like that, if I get bigger tires right away I wasted my money. I was told tinted windows were required in AZ, news to me. Anyone hear of that?

They also said no gorilla glass. Anyone hear of that.

Lift kit 1800 and install 1800. Install sounds high or their shop rate is sky high.

Bob_N_AZ

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Ford Excape Hybrid
Forgot to ask this. Think I would get a better offer from a dealer thats out in the boon docks?

Sponsored

Blazing Saddles

First Name
Not Sure
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jeep
Occupation
Staring at this forum
I was going to place an order today and since I've been reading the posts here I planed on getting the best deal I could. I went to the dealer with the build sheet and gave it to the salesman and he came back with a configuration sheet. Prices matched except for the paint. Ask him what the best price was and it was MSRP. "It's family owned and they don't haggle" Well ok thanks a lot for your time and I was getting up. Then it was wait a minute let me talk to my manager. Well he came back and they will do FWP. I pushed for 4% under FWP. No go. I decided to look around a bit more but I do have a couple take aways.

I was told manual trans in on back order and they can't order it yet. Got a feeling they wanted me to go with auto which I wasn't going to do. I told them to put the order in anyway, 2022 won't start till late Dec. Anyone heard of manual trans being on back order?

Every car gets tinted windows and nitro tires, no exceptions. For 1000. Don't like that, if I get bigger tires right away I wasted my money. I was told tinted windows were required in AZ, news to me. Anyone hear of that?

They also said no gorilla glass. Anyone hear of that.

Lift kit 1800 and install 1800. Install sounds high or their shop rate is sky high.
I put in an order on 10/12 that has a VIN and has both manual trans and GG on it. They might cause delays, but they were accepted.

Obispo325

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Tahoe and hopefully a Bright White JLUR
Daniel Gupton got back to me and said:

“We are ordering new Wrangler sold orders at 5% under factory invoice with an additional 1% for dealer arranged financing!”

Now I just have to clear it with the wife. Pray for me, friends.

Side question: is Destination Fee subject to the discount or just added on in full to the final number?

clonedog41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Granite 2.0, 2022 JL Snazzy Willys 2.0
I picked up the wife's JLUR from Daniel at Gupton's in August. The experience was outstanding. I've been trying to catch up with him this week to build my JL, but he has been swamped after being on vacation last week. He emailed me on his day off this week and let me know that he would get to me soon. I'm not in a hurry, so I told him to work with others first. If you are patient, you will not regret going with Gupton. He has been communicating with my father-in-law this week on his trade since he will be picking up his Grand Cherokee L in a couple of weeks. I think he must be prioritizing existing order customers prior to filling new orders this.

clonedog41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Granite 2.0, 2022 JL Snazzy Willys 2.0

“We are ordering new Wrangler sold orders at 5% under factory invoice with an additional 1% for dealer arranged financing!”

Side question: is Destination Fee subject to the discount or just added on in full to the final number?
[/QU

Destination fee is included in Daniel's final number in my experience. You give him a build. He will send you 2 numbers. One with financing and one without. I got a great deal on financing on my last order.

foxredlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe

Jeep Wrangler JL Dealers % Below Invoice on 2022 Wranglers 4DC49128-D484-421B-AF97-A32A3FE47493
Sponsored