Sponsored

Dealers % Below Invoice on 2022 Wranglers

Kryten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I can confirm 5% below or 6% with dealer financing. I called them, horrible customer service if you ask me. I ended up deciding to buy local and pay more. Paying more sucks but my sales guy is very helpful. Several emails, many phone calls with two voicemails left and it took me asking for a different sales person for me to talk to someone. I wouldn't buy from Gupton.
I seem to be having a hard time getting a response from Gupton too. I ended up talking to Mike Clinnin at Mall of Georgia and he had a build put together with a pretty decent price in about 20 minutes. I did the math and I’m only paying about $350 more than I would at Gupton. I feel like the responsiveness and customer service is worth the extra money. It was late in the day when I spoke with Mike. I’m contacting him tomorrow to put in an order.
Sponsored

badgerridge719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I can confirm 5% below or 6% with dealer financing. I called them, horrible customer service if you ask me. I ended up deciding to buy local and pay more. Paying more sucks but my sales guy is very helpful. Several emails, many phone calls with two voicemails left and it took me asking for a different sales person for me to talk to someone. I wouldn't buy from Gupton.
Calling is the worst way to reach them.

If you can't or won't email then I wouldn't bother with Gupton personally. Email most likely works the best for them, they are a high volume dealer with a very small sales staff so I doubt they have time to sit around on the phone with customers all day.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Jeep Wrangler JL Dealers % Below Invoice on 2022 Wranglers 3184FFF9-D738-40B2-B632-FC8A2853355A

The travel to Gupton or other volume dealers changes the equation for each person. I would need them to beat a closer dealer by at least 3% to make it worth the trip, but that’s coming from DFW. Given what I hear about most dealers here, they probably would be enough to make the trip, but I think there is certainly a price point for everyone where paying a little more makes the fast/good combo override the cheap/good price at a volume dealer.

foxredlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
I seem to be having a hard time getting a response from Gupton too. I ended up talking to Mike Clinnin at Mall of Georgia and he had a build put together with a pretty decent price in about 20 minutes. I did the math and I’m only paying about $350 more than I would at Gupton. I feel like the responsiveness and customer service is worth the extra money. It was late in the day when I spoke with Mike. I’m contacting him tomorrow to put in an order.
Daniel just got back from vacation, so I’m sure he’s slammed with emails. I have reached out to him several times and he has responded promptly. I am placing an order soon and I have been looking at Gupton, Mall of Georgia, and Tri-City. Gupton is offering up to 6% off invoice and Tri-City is offering up to 5% off invoice. I marked Mall of Georgia off the list when several forum members said the dealership was not honoring affiliate pricing on orders placed before 10/01. Gupton and Tri-City are still honoring affiliate pricing on orders that were placed before 10/01. Honor is important to me.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
Being my very first post here, I went thru Chapman via Ashlie Ryan since last week. She placed my Order as of today. No deposit or pre-approval and she emailed me the POC for my Firecracker Red JLUR Build. And yes, the 4% under invoice was there.

I still am curious on Order Tracking and such. According to Ashlie, she and her colleagues have Customers keeping them in constant contact. But I wonder if others had different experiences with Chapman.

Being in New England, I shopped around several Dealers in my area and most were asking MSRP. There was one Dealer right close to home that does $4k markup on both in stock inventory and New Builds. So that was absolutely out of the question. I didn't mind checking out Chapman, even though they're 30min north of Philly. I actually have Family over there, so I could eventually catch up with them when the time comes.
Which NH dealer is doing 4k markups on orders?

rubiria

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Which NH dealer is doing 4k markups on orders?
Dan O’Brien (formerly known as Clark) in Methuen, MA, which is right on the NH/MA Border. I test drove a JLUSport that was actually $5k marked up from $44k to $49k, and had only one Option I wanted.

Fast forward to wanting to get a New Build, the young (and naive) Salesman told me that there would be a $1k deposit. But once his Manager came through with my supposedly $52k 2021 JLUR Build, he added the $5k markup to $57k. And get this: he said I needed to put down a $5k Nonrefundable Deposit (instead of the $1k the young Salesman told me initially).

They kept on contacting me via text if I wanted to come in for a New Build etc. On top of that, they tried pushing me into a used JKUR that was priced close to my New Build and even pushed me into a 4XE (which I absolutely had no desire of getting).

badgerridge719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
They kept on contacting me via text if I wanted to come in for a New Build etc. On top of that, they tried pushing me into a used JKUR that was priced close to my New Build and even pushed me into a 4XE (which I absolutely had no desire of getting).
I am still getting emails from one of the local dealers where I test drove a few (overpriced) used JTs.

They have a 2020 Overland with a lemon law buyback on the carfax priced higher than a new one from Gupton, they are STILL trying to push it months later (I visted their lot in mid July!)

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Wow, no thank you. Guys, this is the kind of fee that reduces your discount. Dealership crap is what it is. I wouldn't buy from a dealer doing this. Total out the door dealership fees of $500 or less is acceptable. $200 is ideal.
Jeep Wrangler JL Dealers % Below Invoice on 2022 Wranglers Capture.JPG

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Wow, no thank you. Guys, this is the kind of fee that reduces your discount. Dealership crap is what it is. I wouldn't buy from a dealer doing this. Total out the door dealership fees of $500 or less is acceptable. $200 is ideal.
Unfortunately doc fees are all regulated by State. Sucks to buy in a State that has no doc cap.

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dan O’Brien (formerly known as Clark) in Methuen, MA, which is right on the NH/MA Border. I test drove a JLUSport that was actually $5k marked up from $44k to $49k, and had only one Option I wanted.

Fast forward to wanting to get a New Build, the young (and naive) Salesman told me that there would be a $1k deposit. But once his Manager came through with my supposedly $52k 2021 JLUR Build, he added the $5k markup to $57k. And get this: he said I needed to put down a $5k Nonrefundable Deposit (instead of the $1k the young Salesman told me initially).

Yeah, I dealt with them when I was buying for my wife over the Winter. Not impressed. That must be their idea of keeping it awesome.

I called 6-7 NH dealers. Best I could get was $700 off MSRP. I ended up ordering from Central in Raynham thru a recommendation on this forum for 3% off invoice. It's in shipping now so I am hoping to have it within the next two weeks. They're delivering it to me here in Wolfeboro which is a big plus. I wasnt interested in driving 6-8 hours to get an extra 3% off from a dealer like Gupton.

rubiria

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Yeah, I dealt with them when I was buying for my wife over the Winter. Not impressed. That must be their idea of keeping it awesome.

I called 6-7 NH dealers. Best I could get was $700 off MSRP. I ended up ordering from Central in Raynham thru a recommendation on this forum for 3% off invoice. It's in shipping now so I am hoping to have it within the next two weeks. They're delivering it to me here in Wolfeboro which is a big plus. I wasnt interested in driving 6-8 hours to get an extra 3% off from a dealer like Gupton.
Yup, you already know I felt dealing with them. I contacted Bournival in Portsmouth, NH and they quoted me MSRP, plus $1.5K markup. Bill DeLuca in Haverhill, MA also quoted MSRP for a New Build. Before pulling the trigger at Chapman, I got a 3% below MSRP Quote from Hillier in Marion, MA. So that could have been my alternative choice (save the $500 Deposit, which is actually refundable thru them).

Congrats and best wishes on your New Delivery! Can’t wait to see some photos of it!

kayurii

First Name
Kailyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
See Quote:

I was/am planning to put in an order in November with them. I want to know why their Tag and Tile Transfer fee is that high.... it's less than 100$ to do it through the DMV. And then it's another 250 to do it electronically? Makes no sense to me.

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup, you already know I felt dealing with them. I contacted Bournival in Portsmouth, NH and they quoted me MSRP, plus $1.5K markup. Bill DeLuca in Haverhill, MA also quoted MSRP for a New Build. Before pulling the trigger at Chapman, I got a 3% below MSRP Quote from Hillier in Marion, MA. So that could have been my alternative choice (save the $500 Deposit, which is actually refundable thru them).

Congrats and best wishes on your New Delivery! Can’t wait to see some photos of it!
Good luck with yours as well!
Sponsored