Dealers % Below Invoice on 2022 Wranglers

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I’ll give @MinerSteve at Jim butlers a shout, got my 4xe from him. Good bunch of guys (and gals) there. No BS deal, fair price. Go see them and understand what Midwest hospitality is all about you won’t regret it.
Sponsored

TnBrent

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
After reading through all the helpful information here, I finally quit stalking and registered. Thanks for sharing all the great dealer info. I've started talking to Gupton for my next Jeep.

badgerridge719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Checked today; no below invoice here. Kolosso was starting at MSRP and Bergstrom was $750 over invoice.
I am down by Madison and tried scouring the forums here and contacting a half dozen or so local WI dealers, not a single one was willing to dip below MSRP.

I drove through Kolosso's lot a few weeks ago, all they had were 3 High Altitudes at MSRP (and I'm assuming the usual dealer fees on top of that).

Kinda surprised that Bergstrom was actually willing to go off invoice. Usually they are notorious for price gouging.

ajwkm

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Chrysler Pacifica, '22 4XE on order
I sent them an email today too asking for otd price on a build I’m thinking of ordering. Did they get back to you today? What’s others experiences with response time?
Still have not heard anything.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I am down by Madison and tried scouring the forums here and contacting a half dozen or so local WI dealers, not a single one was willing to dip below MSRP.

I drove through Kolosso's lot a few weeks ago, all they had were 3 High Altitudes at MSRP (and I'm assuming the usual dealer fees on top of that).

Kinda surprised that Bergstrom was actually willing to go off invoice. Usually they are notorious for price gouging.
That was for a ordered Wrangler. Not sure what they would do on something available in-stock? In any case way too high for my consideration.

Let us know if you hear of any WI dealers who are willing to deal.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I contacted Ed Martin about a group discount. They were very prompt responding back with the quote.

Ed Martin Jeep in Anderson IN will do 4%-under invoice "IF" we give them 3 orders. Otherwise it's 3%-under invoice if it's less than 3 orders from this forum. They have a $199 DOC fee which is pretty low compared to other States that have $499+ doc fees. I need to think about 4% considering the better deals from other dealers? I would go with them if they would do 5%-under invoice and their $199 doc. Let me know if anyone is interested Ed Martin and I will see if they can do better?

Last edited:

badgerridge719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let us know if you hear of any WI dealers who are willing to deal.
I gave up months ago and ordered from Gupton. I won't even bother with anywhere around here if this goes well, except for warranty work on the truck I bought :)

Stratplexi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, BMW 535, Harley CVO Road King, 18 JLUR on order
Occupation
Engineering Director
Question for those who may know. I am planning to sell a 2020 Trail Boss I bought new to fund the Jeep purchase. Normally, when trading in you only pay sales tax on the difference and not the full purchase price. Is there a way to sell the truck in a private party sale, vice trading in, and still avoiding the full sales tax on the new Jeep? Perhaps some sort of credit within a certain period of time? I am in Ohio.
Thanks

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Question for those who may know. I am planning to sell a 2020 Trail Boss I bought new to fund the Jeep purchase. Normally, when trading in you only pay sales tax on the difference and not the full purchase price. Is there a way to sell the truck in a private party sale, vice trading in, and still avoiding the full sales tax on the new Jeep? Perhaps some sort of credit within a certain period of time? I am in Ohio.
Thanks
I'd consult someone who is an expert on Ohio regarding this but based on my understanding, someone is going to pay tax here. It's either going to be the buyer if you run the sale of your trail boss through a dealership (i.e., essentially dealer takes it as a trade at the time of your purchase of a new vehicle and then sells it to your buyer), or you're going to pay tax because you don't have a trade and sold it to the buyer as a separate transaction.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got this email from Dan Gupton:

Hello,

I will be out of the office on vacation from October 13th, 2021 to October 19th,2021.

Thank you,

Daniel Gupton
Gupton Motors Inc

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks
Every State has different laws about sales tax and sales tax credit. Check with your dmv and department of revenue in OH.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I gave up months ago and ordered from Gupton. I won't even bother with anywhere around here if this goes well, except for warranty work on the truck I bought :)
Gupton is a top contender for me. They are only 7 hours away from me. They are located in a nice part of the country. I have visited the area many times and love it down there. Perfect excuse to take a short road trip.

I am also waiting to hear back from Jim Butler Jeep in Linn MO. They are 6.5 hours away from me. Never been to MO but would gladly go if I got a good deal.

GoldenKnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 HA 4xe
Granger in Iowa. I don't know what the % is but they're doing $6k under msrp on 392s, and dealing on other models as well

Edit...just double checke with them. They're offering 4% under invoice on Wranglers/Gladiator

badgerridge719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got this email from Dan Gupton:

Hello,

I will be out of the office on vacation from October 13th, 2021 to October 19th,2021.

Thank you,

Daniel Gupton
Gupton Motors Inc
Well dang, I just emailed him this morning about a JT I ordered....he replied right away so I'm guessing he was working for at least a little bit today.

In any case it doesn't matter since my Jeep isn't even projected to arrive at Gupton until next week sometime anyway.

Surfin3591

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Telluride , 2022 Rubicon XR (on order)
I contacted Ed Martin about a group discount. They were very prompt responding back with the quote.

Ed Martin Jeep in Anderson IN will do 4%-under invoice "IF" we give them 3 orders. Otherwise it's 3%-under invoice if it's less than 3 orders from this forum. They have a $199 DOC fee which is pretty low compared to other States that have $499+ doc fees. I need to think about 4% considering the better deals from other dealers? I would go with them if they would do 5%-under invoice and their $199 doc. Let me know if anyone is interested Ed Martin and I will see if they can do better?
If they would do 5%, I would be in (6% for those that finance with them?). My time table for ordering is December(ish) so not sure if that is too late for you and any others that want to group up on this.
Sponsored