Dealers % Below Invoice on 2022 Wranglers

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
I brought that up to Josh, but I also generated a new affiliate number today. Seems Jeep needs to communicate better.

I plan to fight it if they try to pull anything.
You can still get an Affiliate code, it's just not good on a Wrangler (and a couple of other models) right now.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Nickb1907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 4XE
While you mention it, the percentage off invoice may also be highly dependent on:
1) dealer financing that may or may not be able to be paid off early without penalty
1.a) financing or leasing terms …..
2) dealer fees
3) dealer add-ons
4) trade-in value
5) etc, etc, etc.
It sounds like someone smart with some time should make a google doc questionnaire or a powerapp to poll what people bought and what the terms were. Then the data can be sorted based on state, discount, model, etc to fit the needs of the buyer looking for a dealer.

OffRocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
While you mention it, the percentage off invoice may also be highly dependent on:
1) dealer financing that may or may not be able to be paid off early without penalty
1.a) financing or leasing terms …..
2) dealer fees
3) dealer add-ons
4) trade-in value
5) etc, etc, etc.
Yes, I know a lot of factors come into play, but a percent difference here or there, say with dealer financing or not, isn't a huge difference. It's when a 392 is 3% over MSRP but a Sport is 5% below invoice at the same dealership that this reporting becomes less useful.

Everyone here should also know to double check things before they make a purchase. This thread just helps filter which dealerships to start a conversation with.

hockeynut258

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
It sounds like the percentage off invoice or not depends is highly dependent on the model. Maybe we should start reporting models with percentages off invoice to save confusion.
Jim Butler was 7% off inclusive of any doc fees when I purchased my 2021. If I order a 2022 I’ll check current fees

flintlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
In the same boat and avoiding South Point Dodge (they burned me on a JK many years ago). If I order from an out of state dealer - do they register it in my state (Texas) or do I have to transfer through the DMV?

Sponsored

Muches

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Called a few dealers in Southern California... not having any luck getting msrp even... anybody know ..let me know
Reach out to Rob Trachtman in Irvine, he just emailed me an hour ago with a 4xe quote for $400 over invoice which is a few thousand under MSRP.

His email is: [email protected]. Good luck!

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
In the same boat and avoiding South Point Dodge (they burned me on a JK many years ago). If I order from an out of state dealer - do they register it in my state (Texas) or do I have to transfer through the DMV?
Every State and dealer is different. Here in IL some neighboring WI and IN dealers will register and issue IL plates as a courtesy because they do so much business on the IL border. I think most out-of-State purchases will require you taking a trip to your own DMV though. I quick call or email to the dealer you plan on buying from clear things up.

OP
OP

Nickb1907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 4XE
Every State and dealer is different. Here in IL some neighboring WI and IN dealers will register and issue IL plates because they do so much business on the IL border. I think most out-of-State purchases will require you taking a trip to your own DMV though. I quick call or email to the dealer you plan on buying from clear things up.
if you buy out of state and live in Texas you do registration and taxes all at your local DMV. So only negative is you can’t finance the taxes.

Surfin3591

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Telluride , 2022 Rubicon XR (on order)
Every State and dealer is different. Here in IL some neighboring WI and IN dealers will register and issue IL plates as a courtesy because they do so much business on the IL border. I think most out-of-State purchases will require you taking a trip to your own DMV though. I quick call or email to the dealer you plan on buying from clear things up.
I think you mentioned you ordered from a dealer here in the Midwest....? What kind of deal did you get from who? I'm in Chicago and looking to order this December, and I'm trying to find someone relatively close with a good deal vs. having to travel 400+ miles. Thanks.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
Here are my current options:
South Point
*2 hour drive from me
*4% below invoice (its actually a little better since I have been trying to work a deal with him for awhile)
*A few negative reviews on the dealer
*$150 doc fee, must finance with them and use affiliate code (tread lightly)

Gupton
*13 hour drive from me
*No word on % below invoice. If he matches last year 7% I will be saving $1300 going with him. I bet it will come back at 6-4% making it $650 to -$650 in savings.
*Positive reviews, seems like a great guy
*$500 doc fee, probably needs affiliate code

I haven't followed up on the 2022s but this is what Covert would do on the 2021s when i was looking.
With a tread lightly # we can get you to 4% below
Bart Gunkel

Covert CDJR
General Sales Manager
I know they suspended tread lightly for 2021 wranglers not sure about 2022.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if you buy out of state and live in Texas you do registration and taxes all at your local DMV. So only negative is you can’t finance the taxes.
Dealers are very creative. They can work it out so someone can roll in the taxes. A friend had the dealer add in the sales tax amount to the loan and refunded the sales tax amount so she could pay the sales tax at her dmv. This was on a 0% loan.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know they suspended tread lightly for 2021 wranglers not sure about 2022.
I am waiting for Dan at Gupton on this. He is finding out if 2022s are excluded from Affiliate.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you mentioned you ordered from a dealer here in the Midwest....? What kind of deal did you get from who? I'm in Chicago and looking to order this December, and I'm trying to find someone relatively close with a good deal vs. having to travel 400+ miles. Thanks.
I ordered a '19 JLR from a dealer in the Chicago area for 7% under invoice back then. They are no longer a good deal. Times are very different today. The shortages changed everything. Pricing seems very dynamic now.

I sold that "19 JLR and plan on ordering a 2022 any day now. I will give the Chicago area dealers another shot but it looks like I will be traveling for my 2022. Gupton and a few other dealers seem to be the most competitive. I am waiting to hear back from Gupton and a few other dealers on this forum.
Sponsored