Dealers % Below Invoice on 2022 Wranglers

Wogstl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep 4xe Rubicon - Stingray
I've created a spreadsheet with my interpretation ~45 pages of posts. I'll try to keep it updated.

If they honor the affiliate discount / Tread Lightly then you might be able to get an additional 1% off.

I would recommend calling the candidate dealership(s) and telling them that you found out about their below-invoice pricing through JL Wrangler Forums.

Note that FCA sent out a notice about price protection. Chapman (just PA?) seems to be the only dealership that might not honor it.

dealerlocationw/financew/o financeaffiliate discountfeesdepositcomments
CentralRaynham, MA3%$499$100
Clutch Auto DealsWest Coast broker7.5 to 10.25% off MSRP.
Contact.
CriswellGaithersburg, MD5%2%1%$500Contact & deal details.
Dan Cummins CDJRGeorgetown, KY4%4%.5%$599$500Contact.
Dan Cummins CDJRParis, KY4%4%.5%$599$500AEV dealer. 3% for 392s. Contact.
GrangerGranger, IA4%4%$225$1,000 non-refundable
GuptonSpringfield, TN6%5%1%$499$1,000 non-refundable
Hillview MotorsGreensburg, PA2%2%1%$422$500Threaten to go elsewhere and they'll honor these numbers.
Jim ButlerLinn, MO5%4%.5%$347$500
KoonsVienna, VA6%.5%$899$1,000 non-refundableActive in forums.

50% finance requirement through Chrysler Cap, or $1000 penalty. 3 loan payments required.

392: $8,000 off MSRP.

Contact.
Lakeland DodgeLakeland, FL6%$799+$199+ $255$1,000 non-refundable5% if > 60k MSRP.
Contact.
leasecompanion.comN/A$4999.25% below MSRP (approx 3.6% to 5% below invoice depending on options)
Mall of GeorgiaBuford, GA5%4%1%$599$0
Mark DodgeLake Charles, LA5%5%1%$425$1,000 non-refundableMust sign doc saying that you won't resell within 6 months
Miracle CDJRGallatin, TN4%$599
PetersonNampa, ID5.5%2-3%1%$399$1,000Strict rules. Contact.
Performance CDJR$500$500 below invoice.
Contact.
Randy Marion CDJRWilkesboro, NC6%5%1%$948$500 non-refundableContact.
South Point DodgeAustin, TX4%N/A1%$150$500Requires affiliate discount.

"Issues" experience by a few people.

Contact.
Thayer CDJRBowling Green, OH1%1%$500Contact.
Tri CityEden, NC5%4%1%$499$1,000 non-refundable
Tuttle Click JeepIrvine CA1%1%$85Contact.

The following no longer offer below-invoice pricing:
ChapmanHorsham, PA3%3%No$422Might not honor price protection.
ChapmanScottsdale, AZ3%Might not honor price protection.
Ed MartinAnderson, IN3%3%$199$0
HawkForest Park, IL5% 1%$301$1,000
Prosper CDJRDallas, TX5%150+599+190
You might add to the notes for Jim Butler that Steve Boeckmann is the internet sales guys and the only one that seems to be interested in doing these numbers...

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

You might add to the notes for Jim Butler that Steve Boeckmann is the internet sales guys and the only one that seems to be interested in doing these numbers...
Updated it to point to your post. Thanks.

Sponsored

Backroads

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 4X4 Gas
As of 6/3/22 status. Ordered from Kent from Idaho on 2/28/22. Received a great discount, got our VIN. Still at ‘scheduled’ status with no updates. Hmmmmm……

tribefan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys XR
I would avoid Capital CDJR of Indian Trail if at all possible! They are the absolute worst dealership I've ever dealt with, both in terms of sales and service. Even though this dealer is ~20 minutes from my house, I will be taking my business to @RandyMarion CDJR which is 2 1/2 hours from my house to order our 2023, and would do so even if Capital of Indian Trail’s offer was for the same or better. STAY AWAY!!!

I know someone will ask, so a cliff notes version of my experience: very unprofessional sales rep, very unprofessional finance manager, multiple unauthorized credit checks ran despite telling them we were using our credit union for financing, screwed up our registration, unable to perform a proper 5-tire rotation (one time they never rotated any of the tires and one time it took them 3 tries to get it right!), unable to properly address a number of defects under warranty, caught in two different lies trying to get out of properly resolving one of the warranty repairs, twice claimed that repairs were done and when we went to pick up the Jeep we could tell it had never been touched. Things were so bad I wrote a strongly-worded email to the GM of the dealership (which was never acknowledged) and the office of the Stellantis CEO. I did get a response from them, and it's ONLY because of the gentleman I have been in contact with that I'm considering buying another Chrysler vehicle at all! He’s bending over backwards to try to help make up for the terrible experience we had and as long as this next Jeep isn’t a dud like the last one was, I think we’ll be happy.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm just trying to help others avoid a similar experience.

Last edited:

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I would avoid Capital CDJR of Indian Trail if at all possible! They are the absolute worst dealership I've ever dealt with, both in terms of sales and service. Even though this dealer is ~20 minutes from my house, I will be taking my business to @RandyMarion CDJR which is 2 1/2 hours from my house to order our 2023 for the same 7% below invoice offer! STAY AWAY!!!

I know someone will ask, so a cliff notes version of my experience: very unprofessional sales rep, very unprofessional finance manager, multiple unauthorized credit checks ran despite telling them we were using our credit union for financing, screwed up our registration, unable to perform a proper 5-tire rotation (one time they never rotated any of the tires and one time it took them 3 tries to get it right!), unable to properly address a number of defects under warranty, caught in two different lies trying to get out of properly resolving one of the warranty repairs, twice claimed that repairs were done and when we went to pick up the Jeep we could tell it had never been touched. Things were so bad I wrote a strongly-worded email to the GM of the dealership (which was never acknowledged) and the office of the Stellantis CEO. I did get a response from them, and it's ONLY because of the gentleman I have been in contact with that I'm considering buying another Chrysler vehicle at all!

Sorry for the rant, but I'm just trying to help others avoid a similar experience.
Thanks for the feedback. I've added your review to the spreadsheet.

hybrid_eg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'90 S13, 22 MS Plaid, '23 JLUR 4xe
How are you supposed to verify what exact invoice price is on a specific model to validate you're getting 1% under invoice? I'm looking at one and MSRP is 70970

Dealer said Tread Lightly program price would be 67500ish which i calculate to be 5% off MSRP, is that correct? Invoice basically being 4% off MSRP?

Thanks!

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
How are you supposed to verify what exact invoice price is on a specific model to validate you're getting 1% under invoice? I'm looking at one and MSRP is 70970

Dealer said Tread Lightly program price would be 67500ish which i calculate to be 5% off MSRP, is that correct? Invoice basically being 4% off MSRP?

Thanks!
This is the 2022 model year pricing build sheet not sure if this is what model you are ordering or if it’s a 2023, also your dealer should provide you with a copy or the order sheet showing options at msrp and invoice pricing, plus the % of the amount off etc

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...jlu-4-door-order-guide-updated-monthly.80490/

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I've moved the below-invoice spreadsheet to its own topic. Maintaining a large table on these forums is just too damn difficult and doing simple things like justifying columns is extremely painful.

Hopefully the new format is easier to understand too. There's room to explicitly specify things like 392 pricing, etc.

As part of that migration I added @Farrish_CDJR at 5% below and no deposit.

JoeCool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL
I found this post while I was shopping for a new Jeep. I appreciate all of those who previously posted, and your help made my decisions easier. I despise working with car dealers, and so I started my search at Carmax and Carvana. My friends and family have had good experiences with Carmax in the past. I learned that it is a crazy time to buy a car. I was amazed that I could order a new Jeep cheaper than I could buy a similar used one. I was equally amazed that dealers were offering to buy my 2016 Jeep for almost what I paid for it 6-years ago. Also amazed because the Jeep Manufacturers website is already showing prices $1800 more than what I paid last month. Inflation is crazy.

I made a build sheet online on the Jeep website. I stopped at three Las Vegas dealers and all wanted full stick price for a new Jeep. This website showed Chapman Phoenix at 3% below invoice, I asked Chapman Henderson (near Las Vegas) to match the pricing, and they agreed.

Chapman Chrysler Jeep, Henderson, Nevada
Ordered at 3% below invoice.
Unlimited Rubicon, 3.6L, Manual
Deposit $1,000 non-refundable
Ordered 2/4/22
Delivered 5/17/22
Fees $812
The dealer honored the original quoted price of 3% below sticker.
I did not finance.

The sales manager did play games with my original trade offer, and he tried to reduce by $3,000, and then I eventually capitulated to an additional $750. As expected, there were several friendly attempts to upsale other services. I never used the last warranty, and so I am betting on the same quality this time around. All in all, I got a good deal. I got exactly what I ordered, and nothing that I didn't want. Even with the fees and the games, my price was under invoice.

I love this new Jeep. The manual shifts more like a sports car, and less like an 1950's pickup truck. More shoulder room, wider front doors, backup camera, much better subwoofer, and the little jeep Easter eggs are cool.

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
Hey fam! Hows everyone?

Are dealers giving out good deals or not? I know with COVID + Chip Shortage + etc etc everything was wild. Has it relaxed?

Back in 2019 I bought my Unlimited Rubicon for almost 10% below invoice.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Hey fam! Hows everyone?

Are dealers giving out good deals or not? I know with COVID + Chip Shortage + etc etc everything was wild. Has it relaxed?

Back in 2019 I bought my Unlimited Rubicon for almost 10% below invoice.
Details of this thread are consolidated in the spreadsheet in my sig. Not quite 10% below invoice though.

Skyvet

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
My experience with Granger has been nothing short of terrible. They only have one person who deals with these orders and she is almost impossible to reach. I had to leave multiple VM to reach her. And while their order finally showed up in my email it then took multiple emails to get her to send me the link to pay the deposit. The link didn't work and she said she could enter in my CC manually but she never bothered to call. after almost 3 weeks I finally gave up and told her to cancel the order. Never heard from her again. I would say stay away from Granger if this is how they treat customers before the sale.
Sponsored