Dealers % Below Invoice on 2022 Wranglers

CARDIACARREST84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Pinto
Occupation
Janitor
i have an offer right now for $3k more than I paid for my 2020 Trail Boss but cant really sell and be down to 1 car. The Jeep order could be 3 months so need to be careful with timing.
You could always rent until your build comes in. You can rent for about $10-$13 a day if needed. Might not get that same kind of offer on your vehicle in 3 months. That's what I plan to do as I just put my 2020 Wrangler up for sale. I'm going to see if I can get a few thousand more than Carvana offered me.
Sponsored

CARDIACARREST84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Pinto
Occupation
Janitor
I just ordered a Sahara Altitude.

First of all thanks to everyone and the dealers who contribute to this forum, you made the ordering experience more pleasant, for someone who hates haggling.

Buying from South Florida, I can say that most FL dealers were not interested in answering emails, and in best case they quoted over the phone. I also contacted most of the dealers mentioned here: Koons, Gupton, Criswell, Mall of GA, Lakeland, Chapman and Adams. Hands down to each one of them for their attention, fast turnaround and no BS attitude.

The discounts ranged from 4% below to 1.1% above Invoice, before TTL, neither conditioned to special financing, nor to affiliate rewards, YMMV.

I ended ordering from Lakeland. Mike took care, we exchanged docs over email and accepted the deposit over the phone. Later that day I received the VON.

I hope the delivery is as smooth as the ordering was.

Now the wait begins.
What % under invoice did you get. How much were the associated fees and did the deal require dealer financing? If so, how long do you have to keep the loan before refinancing? Thanks.

Titocval

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Jeep Yet
Ordered 2022 Rubicon from Chapman in Horsham, PA. Great experience so far. I’m dealing with Ashlie Ryan. She has been super helpful and responsive. Chapman is at 4% below invoice with no financing requirements. I highly recommend these guys.

Ashlie Ryan
Retail Order Team Lead
Chapman Ford, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, & Ram of Horsham, PA
http://www.chapmannewcars.com/
215-674-3600
I just received an e-mail from Chapman saying they are only selling at MSRP (plus fees). Was I lied to, or have things changed in the past few days?

rriglesias

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara Altitude
What % under invoice did you get. How much were the associated fees and did the deal require dealer financing? If so, how long do you have to keep the loan before refinancing? Thanks.
Around 3.2% below invoice after dealer fees (before TTL), not conditioned to financing through dealer.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I just received an e-mail from Chapman saying they are only selling at MSRP (plus fees). Was I lied to, or have things changed in the past few days?
You probably spoke to the wrong person. Go to the chapman thread and find Tom's email. See what he says.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Did you tell them you were a forum member?

MRV861792

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep MOAB (Sold); (Waiting) 22 Rubicon w/XR
Occupation
Executive Project Manager / Risk Consultant
I placed my order on 10/26 for 4% under invoice; have VON and VIN # already and it's in scheduling at this point per my chat exchange with Jeep a couple days back.

Koons_of_Tysons_Corner

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.koonsjeep.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
Thanks for the info, everyone. I will try reaching out to those folks.
Typically every dealership has set people to handle the forum pricing. If you speak to anyone else you'll certainly get higher pricing than expected. Happens here too. We don't offer $10,000 off a TRX or $7000 off Wrangler 392's to everyone. We'd go out of business 😂😂😂 Not sure what you're looking to order but we do offer 6% below on certain Jeeps.

Sponsored

JEEPT

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
Read all 24 pages then decided to join. Thanks everyone for posting...extremely helpful.

I'm ready to purchase a 392. Got my build just need to pick a dealer to move forward with. I've decided that out of state is my best option due to my small local market.

From what I can tell the best summary for 392 deals is as follows....please double check me for errors (in no particular order):

Steve Butler MO 5% below invoice w financing. 199 doc
Mall of GA 5% below invoice w financing, 4% otherwise. 599 doc
Dan Cummings KY 3% below invoice. 599 doc
Chapman PA 6k off MSRP. 394 doc
Granger IA 6k off MSRP. 180 doc
Gupton TN 6% below invoice w financing, 5% otherwise. 499 doc
Jim Butler MO 5% below invoice w financing, 4% otherwise. 199 doc
Ed Martin IL 4% below invoice. 199 doc
Koons VA 7k off MSRP. 899 doc

Out of all the above it seems 2-3 are the most favorable. Gupton's doc is higher but their % off is greatest from what I can tell.
Everything is negotiable, especially with the higher doc fee's. I got Gupton to knock $100 off their
dealer fee, making it $399. If you don't ask, you don't get. I never have paid a dealer fee in Florida,
the home of high dealer fees. A dealer fee is just additional profit, nothing else. If the dealer insists I pay, I walk. Now, If your buying a JL at 5% or 6% below invoice, the dealer fee is probably the only profit the dealer is making on the sale.
If you finance or purchase an extended warranty these are additional profit centers.
On a Wrangler the dealer pays invoice for the vehicle. There is a holdback that the dealer gets
rebated from Chrysler on a quarterly basis. On Jeep, the holdback is 3% of MSRP.
So Invoice - HB = cost. Where the extra 2 or 3% comes from I not sure. I asked Gupton and he wouldn't give me a straight answer. Maybe there is an additional dealer bonus based on a predetermined sales rate that is tied to the dealers demographics. And it is an optional program for the dealer. That's why some of these Dealers look at you like you smoking crack when you
tell them that you can buy a wrangler at 5% or 6% under invoice.
If anybody knows where the additional money comes from, please chime in, it would be great to know.

Koons_of_Tysons_Corner

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.koonsjeep.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
Everything is negotiable, especially with the higher doc fee's. I got Gupton to knock $100 off their
dealer fee, making it $399. If you don't ask, you don't get. I never have paid a dealer fee in Florida,
the home of high dealer fees. A dealer fee is just additional profit, nothing else. If the dealer insists I pay, I walk. Now, If your buying a JL at 5% or 6% below invoice, the dealer fee is probably the only profit the dealer is making on the sale.
If you finance or purchase an extended warranty these are additional profit centers.
On a Wrangler the dealer pays invoice for the vehicle. There is a holdback that the dealer gets
rebated from Chrysler on a quarterly basis. On Jeep, the holdback is 3% of MSRP.
So Invoice - HB = cost. Where the extra 2 or 3% comes from I not sure. I asked Gupton and he wouldn't give me a straight answer. Maybe there is an additional dealer bonus based on a predetermined sales rate that is tied to the dealers demographics. And it is an optional program for the dealer. That's why some of these Dealers look at you like you smoking crack when you
tell them that you can buy a wrangler at 5% or 6% under invoice.
If anybody knows where the additional money comes from, please chime in, it would be great to know.
There is no additional money. Every dealership has different motivation. Hight volume dealerships like ours will lose money to sell a car to receive stock allocation for the future or be #1. Not every dealership can do it, it's just a different way of operating. Pre chip shortage and pandemic this answer would be a bit different.

blueweb

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 TJ Rubicon, '22 4xe Rubicon
There is no additional money. Every dealership has different motivation. Hight volume dealerships like ours will lose money to sell a car to receive stock allocation for the future or be #1. Not every dealership can do it, it's just a different way of operating. Pre chip shortage and pandemic this answer would be a bit different.
So without looking through 30 pages for this answer, would be the best person to contact from Koons about purchasing a 4xe? Thanks!

Koons_of_Tysons_Corner

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.koonsjeep.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
So without looking through 30 pages for this answer, would be the best person to contact from Koons about purchasing a 4xe? Thanks!
You can email us at [email protected] Myself (Erica) and Craig handle the forums.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Did I miss it, what is the Koons offer? 6% below invoice on JLUR and how much are fees?
Sponsored