Sponsored

Dealer told me software to calibrate 35” tires not available?

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Made appt with dealer to calibrate new 35” Nitto Ridge grapplers. Got there and they said “sorry, the software is not available yet”

Does that sound right? Has anyone had their dealer calibrate their JL for bigger tires?
46F7CDCC-923B-4040-9105-2942F896B9E8.jpeg
Sponsored

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
Made appt with dealer to calibrate new 35” Nitto Ridge grapplers. Got there and they said “sorry, the software is not available yet”

Does that sound right? Has anyone had their dealer calibrate their JL for bigger tires?
No, I have not. I used my Tazer JL to do it. I try not to let them touch the jeep. Your jeep looks great btw.

jfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Living the dream
Dealer calibrated mine months ago.... sounds like another dealership that doesn't know what they are doing.

Look into tazer before you have it done just incase you prefer that route.

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer calibrated mine months ago.... sounds like another dealership that doesn't know what they are doing.

Look into tazer before you have it done just incase you prefer that route.
Yeah. Dealer said $50 bucks. So I was thinkinv about saving $200 for another accessory later but I might just do it.

Sponsored

jfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Living the dream
Thanks. I am happy with the build.
Yeah... kind of jealous now... I just ordered a stubby from another company and really liked my warn bumper I had on my JK... Looks good on the JL and more protection for the front end.

IMG_4132.jpeg

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah... kind of jealous now... I just ordered a stubby from another company and really liked my warn bumper I had on my JK... Looks good on the JL and more protection for the front end.

IMG_4132.jpeg
I like there stuff because it’s clean and simple and won’t go out of style.

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
You have to talk to the right person. I had them put on 315/70/17s before I left the lot. I told the salesman that I expected the tires to come with the flash for tire size. When I got to the finance/closer to sign my life away he told me there was no flash for the tire size. Even called the service department and said the same thing. I figured I'd get the Tazer since I want some its features anyway.

As the salesman walked past the office I pulled him in and asked about it, he said he would look into it. A few minutes later as I was wrapping up the closer got a call from the service department who miraculously "just got an update" with the tire size flash.

Just keep asking around until you find someone that knows what's going on.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I had my dealership do it like 8 months ago. They told me the process was they had to write up a Mopar service contract then they could do it for the tune of $150. It also took about 3 hours. Apparently these service contracts take a lot of time? I never understood that portion but I had them program my BFG KO2's 315/70/17's to 34.5" and they are damn near perfect.

Sponsored

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
The software to do the re-flash for tire size is out there. Mine was done last June for around $125, if I remember correctly. If you search this site, the TSB for the re-flash is on here somewhere. I'd take it back to the dealer...if you're still going to use them...and show them what you've found and that they are full of horse hockey. Typical of a lazy dealer.

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like your dealer doesn't know what they're doing... so first step, find a new dealer and don't let the one who has no clue touch your new Jeep :facepalm:
Dealers can do it, if not there are chip programers, Tazer JL & JL Mini etc out there to do it also along with other feature. I just ordered my Tazer JL Mini so it'll be here and ready to use when my lift, wheels, tires go on 2/2/19

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil

I put 35's (315/70/17's on my Rubi. My dealer told me the same thing last year after they tried so I went to another dealer and they could only do it after watching this video. Show this to them and all will be well. I paid 1/2 hour labor and a ridiculous fee that FCA charges the dealer of about $125?

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Tazer JL! You can pay once and adjust as many times as you want (plus other features) or you can pay the dealer each time you change tires.
Sponsored