Dealer tire shine prep

NYJEEPGIRL

First Name
Dianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon - Firecracker Red
What kind of tire shine do the dealers use? It makes every bit of road dirt stick to my tires. I already took Dawn soap and a scrub brush to them once to try to clean it off but still bad. Any suggestions on getting it off. Maybe a couple more washes. I have used spray on tire shine many times but it never causes the dirt to stick the way the dealer prep does
Sponsored

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Get decked out from shine supply, you could spray it on there while completely dirty and they'll look better than new for 2-3 weeks. Not exaggerating, not sponsored by them, stuff is legit.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I hate shiny wet looking greasy tires. A clean matte look is great looking . If Dawn isn’t taking it off, maybe a degreaser like simple green or purple power on the tires but be careful around your wheels make sure they are cool to touch so they don’t stain from the degreaser on a hot wheel.

Tjax

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Dr JL Rubicon
I hate shiny wet looking greasy tires. A clean matte look is great looking . If Dawn isn’t taking it off, maybe a degreaser like simple green or purple power on the tires but be careful around your wheels make sure they are cool to touch so they don’t stain from the degreaser on a hot wheel.
Lemon Pledge works surprisingly well to get that new but not shiney look. I spray it on, leave it for a few minutes and wipe off the excess. Works well.

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
moonshine car care products is what i use. everything from citrus based degreaser, tire, their bullert froop wax is amazing on paint and plastic!! good enough for million dollar cars and bad azz offroad machines!!!!!

Sponsored

nstone97

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK Sport - 2009 Chevy Avalanche
Occupation
Project Manager / Engineer
I’ve had good luck with Black Magic, formerly Westley’s, Bleche White for getting just about anything off tires.

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
They crappies there is lol. Most of that main stream cheap stuff is silicon based which supposedly dry rots rubber.

Try Optimum, no silicon and long lasting, not glossy, gives a deep dark natural look but a PITA to apply by hand if your tire isn’t smooth, works much better with a sprayer.
Sponsored