limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've had two of the free Jeep Wave oil changes and tire rotations done. Each time I asked and they did a 5 tire rotation without any complaint or request for money. This was when I was still on stock wheels/tires though. Guess some dealers like to keep their customers happy.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My wife and I took her Jeep in today for the first service. I followed in my car so we could drop it off and she would not have to wait around.
This was of course an oil change and tire rotation. She also asked if there were any software updates available that should be done.
The response to her software request was that they do not do any software updates unless there is a problem to solve. That is different from how Audi and BMW do things but OK.
Next she made sure to clarify that she wanted the spare tire rotated in the rotation portion of the service. The Service Advisor said "we never rotate the spare, that is just not done by any dealer these days". Normally I let my wife handle her vehicle stuff but I couldn't help but jump in on this one. I said "Obviously we want even tire wear, equal circumference wear and to not have a aged out spare so please do a full rotation." He seemed frustrated. He said they would do it but it would add an extra 2 hours of wait time because that takes more work. He also said it could cause the TPMS to not function properly and we may have to go drive on a freeway to "hopefully correct it if there is a problem"
Hmmm... I suppose that extra tire probably is a 2 hour job and the TPMS is going to be a big problem. :facepalm:
I said "no problem, we have another car here, see you in 4 hours".
What can I say. Typical Jeep customer service.

As long as they didn’t forget to put oil back in the motor or drive your Jeep against the wall...I’d say they “exceeded expectations!”

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

As long as they didn’t forget to put oil back in the motor or drive your Jeep against the wall...I’d say they “exceeded expectations!”
If you hate Jeep so much why do you own one? All you ever do is complain here.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
If you hate Jeep so much why do you own one? All you ever do is complain here.
Not just complain; I also crack jokes. Besides, it is not like this thread was about a Jeep owner having a positive dealer experience. That would have been newsworthy in itself.

Have a good Sunday.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Yeah, they should wash, wax, detail, vacuum, fill the tank also. That would be good customer service. They do it when I take my Bentley in.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, they should wash, wax, detail, vacuum, fill the tank also. That would be good customer service. They do it when I take my Bentley in.
Simply not sighing or arguing with the customer would have been an improvement.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Jeep Wave just covers a 4 tire rotation, 5 is extra charge. That's what the dealer gets reimbursed for.

And when you get to my age and infirmity you don't do your own with a 500 pound wheel/tire. You pay a low pay monkey to do it.
Got any evidence that the Jeep Wave tire rotations only include 4 tires? I've read that fine print in detail.

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been really happy with the service from Thompson’s in Placerville. I’ve had so many problems with Folsom Lake Jeep over the years that I vowed never to go there again.

They do charge $5 for the 5 tire rotation, but I’m confident they do it right and it’s a lot easier for them to do it than me!

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had nothing but great service from 2 different dealers.
That’s great. Consider yourself extremely lucky.

OP
OP
Focker

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Focker

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had nothing but great service from 2 different dealers.
I wish I could say the same but so far I am 2 for 2 at less than what I would consider acceptable.

OP
OP
Focker

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been really happy with the service from Thompson’s in Placerville. I’ve had so many problems with Folsom Lake Jeep over the years that I vowed never to go there again.

They do charge $5 for the 5 tire rotation, but I’m confident they do it right and it’s a lot easier for them to do it than me!
The MetalCloak guys also said they recommend Thompson's so we will give them our next service and have lunch in Hangtown. ;)

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Question Jeep family......
I do my own rotation and have done one already. Just back to front. I’d hate to waste that spare tire. I figure in what 6-7 years it’ll be dry rotted. Garage kept maybe a little longer?
I was going to do the 5 tire rotation on my next one but what do you think about me sticking with the 4 tire rotation and when new tire time comes along just buy 3, use the spare and put the best one as the new spare?
Opinions appreciated.
Sponsored