Sponsored

Dealer Suggesting ProCal to change tire size. They can only up it to 35?

Datjeeptho

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all,

Hopefully this is the right section for this. I was at the deal for one of my free oil changes yesterday and asked them if they could re calibrate the tire size to 37s once I have my lift and new wheels and tires.

I was told they can only go to 35s and they actually suggested a ProCal so I can do it my self and so that it can be unplugged to not void the warranty.

So now Im wondering why a ProCal vs a Tazer/Tazer Mini and the ramifications and cost. Seems strange since I was told not to use anything like that when I got the jeep unless I wanted to void the warranty.

Any advice here would be great.
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

The Procal is a retail product that the dealer could probably get for you and make a profit on if bought through them.

The Tazer products are more well know to Jeepers, like those of us on this forum, who like to work on their vehicles without going to the dealer for everything. The Tazer should be unmarried and removed from the vehicle if it ever needs to go in for service, so it’s very likely that most dealerships don’t know about it.

You will not void the warranty using the Tazer or Procal.

Toxiclows

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willy’s jl
This is wrong. Tie sales codes are there for them to add up to a 40” tire. I’m a dealer tech and have seen them in person.

Mr. Curti

First Name
Justin Curti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Dairy Farmer
Vehicle Showcase
There’s a YouTube video of an individual showing you how to advise your dealer’s service department on calibrating your Jeep JL computer for larger tires all the way up to 44’s. Which might be worth looking into if that is all you need. Yet I will still recommend the Tazer for numerous reasons beyond tire calibration.
Sponsored