Sponsored

Dealer service recommendations in Florida?

R44pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB GLC63S, BMW M3, Hydro 392XR, Braptor
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good dealer service department in Florida? Preferably south of Orlando and on the east coast? I bought my XR 392 from a great dealer I used to use in the northeast (most dealers in FL are crooks in my opinion) but l need to find one that has a good, reliable service department. Any help appreciated.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Recommending a good Jeep dealer is like recommending a good lawyer: with few exceptions, they all are a bunch of sons of bitches! 😫

Good luck in your search.

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
I have had nothing but good experiences with Parks Space Coast CDJR in Titusville Fl. This is on the East coast but I would say more straight East from Orlando, so might be doable for you. Not sure exactly where you are.

That being said unfortunately things tend to change at dealerships, especially these days when they are struggling to keep good qualified help. Point is hopefully nothing has changed there.

However the last time I was there about a month ago, same good experience. Walking into the service dept. the Service Manager (Justin) actually opened the door for me and asked what can I do for you. Mind you this is not his job really. He has an assistant there to talk to people when they first come in and that is more their job to address your concerns, set up appointments, etc. I have had plenty of service managers just walk right past me and say hey, but just keep walking. But Justin sees it as his job to help his customers period, he doesn't seem to put himself above his co-workers just because he is the manger.

He asked me what my issue was and I told him (CE light on because of a EVAP Emissions leak) He said what do you want to do, drop it off, have us check it? I replied well maybe you could just read it and make sure it is what I think it is, and we could try and re-set it. Now at this point I am expecting him to go get a Tech. But he replies ok lets do that. Goes and gets the scanner, reads the code, clears it and says if it comes back on you call me directly and I will make sure it gets fixed and that we get it in and out as fast as possible, but call me direct and gave me his card. Thing is he didn't have to take care of this, he could have just went and got a Tech. to do it.

Now I dealt with him before when we had an issue with the Ram and he did remember me. Now with the Ram, they fixed the issue, and there was a software update, but the comp. didn't pick it up the first time they started the truck so they didn't know. When I picked up the truck it didn't start right. So I drove over by the bay, found Justin and told him what happened, he was like don't leave hang tight we are going to fix it right now. Stopped what he was doing, went and got a Tech. and they fixed it right then. And you might think well this is what they should do and I would agree, but in a lot of cases they don't and you end up waiting, or they sometimes want you to make a new app. etc. etc. Not Justin, he was like if we can fix it right now that's what were going to do.

Bought the Ram there also and it was a good experience. It usually is a lengthy experience and this did take a while but not as bad as other vehicles I have bought. After deciding on the truck we only went back in forth 2 times and they actually came back the second time lower than what I told them, and done deal.

I know others talk about CDJR dealerships and horror stories, but I just haven't had that experience with these guys. Also the issue with the Ram was a mechanical one and I wasn't able to tell they touched the truck at all, no damage anywhere, nothing under the hood messed up and it has worked perfect for right at a year now. And trust me I am a anal SOB. LOL.

I can say I recommend them. Maybe give them a try and see how it goes. Hopefully Justin is still there and in fact you can ask for him by name he doesn't mind and will speak to you if he has the time. And he returned my phone calls every time and we had some good conversations.

Hope this helps.

Rover72

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Land Rover
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good dealer service department in Florida? Preferably south of Orlando and on the east coast? I bought my XR 392 from a great dealer I used to use in the northeast (most dealers in FL are crooks in my opinion) but l need to find one that has a good, reliable service department. Any help appreciated.
Great question!
I'm interested also in any information for So Florida Jeep service. 1st time Jeep buyer here.
I'm waiting on a new 2022 Rubicon, not purchase local to Palm Beach, where I live, and will need a dealer with a good service dept. as well.
Thx

OP
OP
R44pilot

R44pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have had nothing but good experiences with Parks Space Coast CDJR in Titusville Fl. This is on the East coast but I would say more straight East from Orlando, so might be doable for you. Not sure exactly where you are.

That being said unfortunately things tend to change at dealerships, especially these days when they are struggling to keep good qualified help. Point is hopefully nothing has changed there.

However the last time I was there about a month ago, same good experience. Walking into the service dept. the Service Manager (Justin) actually opened the door for me and asked what can I do for you. Mind you this is not his job really. He has an assistant there to talk to people when they first come in and that is more their job to address your concerns, set up appointments, etc. I have had plenty of service managers just walk right past me and say hey, but just keep walking. But Justin sees it as his job to help his customers period, he doesn't seem to put himself above his co-workers just because he is the manger.

He asked me what my issue was and I told him (CE light on because of a EVAP Emissions leak) He said what do you want to do, drop it off, have us check it? I replied well maybe you could just read it and make sure it is what I think it is, and we could try and re-set it. Now at this point I am expecting him to go get a Tech. But he replies ok lets do that. Goes and gets the scanner, reads the code, clears it and says if it comes back on you call me directly and I will make sure it gets fixed and that we get it in and out as fast as possible, but call me direct and gave me his card. Thing is he didn't have to take care of this, he could have just went and got a Tech. to do it.

Now I dealt with him before when we had an issue with the Ram and he did remember me. Now with the Ram, they fixed the issue, and there was a software update, but the comp. didn't pick it up the first time they started the truck so they didn't know. When I picked up the truck it didn't start right. So I drove over by the bay, found Justin and told him what happened, he was like don't leave hang tight we are going to fix it right now. Stopped what he was doing, went and got a Tech. and they fixed it right then. And you might think well this is what they should do and I would agree, but in a lot of cases they don't and you end up waiting, or they sometimes want you to make a new app. etc. etc. Not Justin, he was like if we can fix it right now that's what were going to do.

Bought the Ram there also and it was a good experience. It usually is a lengthy experience and this did take a while but not as bad as other vehicles I have bought. After deciding on the truck we only went back in forth 2 times and they actually came back the second time lower than what I told them, and done deal.

I know others talk about CDJR dealerships and horror stories, but I just haven't had that experience with these guys. Also the issue with the Ram was a mechanical one and I wasn't able to tell they touched the truck at all, no damage anywhere, nothing under the hood messed up and it has worked perfect for right at a year now. And trust me I am a anal SOB. LOL.

I can say I recommend them. Maybe give them a try and see how it goes. Hopefully Justin is still there and in fact you can ask for him by name he doesn't mind and will speak to you if he has the time. And he returned my phone calls every time and we had some good conversations.

Hope this helps.
Thanks! This sounds like a place that would be worth my time to take a 2 hr ride to get to for quality service. I'll definitely check them out and stop at this little seafood shack I know in Melbourne for lunch or dinner on my way back home.

Sponsored

OP
OP
R44pilot

R44pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great question!
I'm interested also in any information for So Florida Jeep service. 1st time Jeep buyer here.
I'm waiting on a new 2022 Rubicon, not purchase local to Palm Beach, where I live, and will need a dealer with a good service dept. as well.
Thx
Congrats on your new Rubicon. If you happen to see a Hydro Blue 392 XR cruising around, it just might be me!

morph860

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 4xe's (Rubicon X and Grand Cherokee Anniv.)
I've been very happy with the service dept at the New Smyrna Jeep since I moved down here. I've only used them for oil changes and tire rotations so far though.

I did also try to lease a GC from them, but they had tons of up-charges, dealer installed add-ons, and crap fees that they wouldn't budge on at all. None of which were listed on their website, on the window sticker, or anywhere else until they ran credit and wanted to go over the numbers.

Ended up leasing one from Seminole Jeep in Sanford for $200 less per month even though the sticker was almost $2k higher because of some additional options.

OP
OP
R44pilot

R44pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been very happy with the service dept at the New Smyrna Jeep since I moved down here. I've only used them for oil changes and tire rotations so far though.

I did also try to lease a GC from them, but they had tons of up-charges, dealer installed add-ons, and crap fees that they wouldn't budge on at all. None of which were listed on their website, on the window sticker, or anywhere else until they ran credit and wanted to go over the numbers.

Ended up leasing one from Seminole Jeep in Sanford for $200 less per month even though the sticker was almost $2k higher because of some additional options.
Yup, the Florida dealers suck with all the mark ups, add-ons and fees they charge. They wouldn't last two seconds in the northeast. I hated going back to NJ to get mine at under msrp and ship it to FL, it was worth it to not pay these bandits down here. Had the same issue with motorcycle dealers in FL too. There is too much money chasing too little product I guess and they charge whatever the market will bear.

morph860

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 4xe's (Rubicon X and Grand Cherokee Anniv.)
Yup, the Florida dealers suck with all the mark ups, add-ons and fees they charge. They wouldn't last two seconds in the northeast. I hated going back to NJ to get mine at under msrp and ship it to FL, it was worth it to not pay these bandits down here. Had the same issue with motorcycle dealers in FL too. There is too much money chasing too little product I guess and they charge whatever the market will bear.
Yes they do. I still ended up with some dealer-added crap that I didn't want, but at least they worked out the price and made the numbers work. I had one lined up at a dealership in Connecticut that I was ready to fly up to get. Glad I didn't have to go that route though. My next purchase will be a custom order, so I should be able to stop all of those add-ons from happening ahead of time. Fingers crossed.

The service dept at the Seminole dealer in Sanford looked pretty nice too. A lot bigger than the one in NSB. Just a little too far for me to go for basic maintenance on a lease.
Sponsored