NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
11B(PM)…been there...done that...carried (a lot of) that....
Actually they were some of my best memories, I'd do it again in a second!
It always seems better looking back than it did when you were actually doing it...
Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
11B(PM)…been there...done that...carried (a lot of) that....
Actually they were some of my best memories, I'd do it again in a second!
Welcome home , bro . We didn't want to miss our chance . Fist-bump .

OP
OP
Lustmord

Lustmord

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lustmord.com
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU. It's a Jeep.
Thanks for the responses they've been very helpful (well, apart from a couple of you - smile).

I ended up ordering a Rubicon JLU locally under invoice as I figured the extra saving made from buying from out of state would be mostly eaten up by travel and associated costs.
The responses here helped with my decision, thanks for that.

apettit7

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Occupation
IT
It always seems better looking back than it did when you were actually doing it...
There were challenging moments, ground-pounding with no sleep....following a lost (again) LT. So lol you are definitely right I wasn't exactly the happy camper I'm sounding like now, but even back then there were no regrets. It's called embracing the suck!

Sorry Lustmord didn't mean to hijack your thread. You are right the travel costs and such must be figured as well. Its worth it for some but for others buying local makes more sense. Happy to hear you placed your order you are going to love yours!

cabnfvr

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUL Sport
Occupation
Retired but working with benefits.
To the guys and gals who embraced the suck, thank you! To anyone worrying about service under warranty out of state don't worry. Dealers have to honor the warranty regardless of point of sale. To anyone travelling there's no worry either. Dealers (businesses) have this thing called Absorption. Simply put they want to cover the costs of doing business through parts sales, and service sells parts. To quote Bob Marley -- don't worry.
Sponsored